Evangelion Anime Headed To Netflix In 2019

SeiyaManG

Bronze Supporter
If for whatever reason you have not watched Evangelion before and reside somewhere where Netflix is available you can now also join the many of us who have a mixed bag of emotions regarding this show.

To be clear it's not a live action or a new anime. Just the original show, End of Evangelion, and the Death and Rebirth movie.

Link in spoiler

When was the last time EoE even got a physical release?

On DVD right after the Platinum Edition DVDs of the show came out, at least here in Germany. That was around 2005, it's been out of print forever and costs like 70-80 euros on the internet now :/

I think you have to be in the right kind of mood to fully appreciate Evangelion. I was an emotional teenager when I saw this, so this was my shit back then. This was a series that spoke to me, ya dig, and I really thought I was being so cool and edgy for watching such gloomy anime. I no longer feel the same way now, but I'm still glad this exists.

That said, I think it's about time other emotional teenagers got a chance to see this and question everything they thought they knew about themselves.

Zero interest in ever re-watching this frustrating trainwreck of a series again. (I did re-watch it when I replaced my initial collection with the Platinum Edition for the new scenes though in vain hope they'd improve the show) The movies are an improvement to the story's coherency, though their re-watchability is equally low. Either way I wouldn't watch them on Netflix when I still have the DVDs handy on my shelf, mostly kept for posterity.

Back