Etrian Odyssey

yeah I unlocked the subclasses and have been postponing more playing until I find the time/energy to research the subclasses a bit.

My Nightseeker's Nerve Throw is maxed out already though, so no problems there :p
You want Blind / Curse too, maybe venom, and oddly enough assassinate (because sometimes this is the simple brute force option, relying on luck. The reason is you want to cycle between as many ailments as possible 1x each, then use release from the arcanist subclassed to nightseeker to reset the resistance and redo them, all while gaining power from foul mastery.

It might help for some, here is how I subclassed mine -
-Fortress + Dancer for evasion passive and possibly dances to help out the LK. Made it a near immortal tank.
-LK + Bushi for health return on hit, more damage, additions to dual wielding, and deep breath for TP return.
-Nightseeker + Arcanist for increased ailment chance, TP return on successful ailment, and Release for resetting ailment/bind resistance, very important for the end-game stuff.
-Medic + Runemaster for extra TP + elemental runes for element defense against the respective dragons + free cast procs.
-Sniper + Arcanist for increased binding chance, TP return. This could have been Bushi instead as Squall Volley was more useful, but there are a few bosses that you MUST bind or you will suffer their ultimate skill which is a 1-hit KO.

I think for runemasters it was either medic, arcanist, or dancer, but I can't recall. Dancer no idea, might have been medic or arcanist, but I only used those as sub classes.

Now.. I wish #5 was this straight forward. The samurai is taking all the hits instead of Dragoon/bunker =w= I miss taunt so much

Necroing this thread for fun, F.O.E.!

The video came up because Etrian Odyssey came up in conversation with a friend just now.

Fuckin Overpowered Enemy
I've found another nifty backronym, Fucked On Encounter.

I also came up with one myself: Flagrantly Opportunistic Enemy.

So yesterday night I had a small "problem" with one of EO IV's superbosses...
I mean, imagine this:
you're having an epic fight against the strongest dragon ever. You're doing quite ok, it's HP is about halfway down! But then a weird attack makes almost your entire party get some kind of bind so they can't fight all that well - most notably the head bind for the Medic!

In a moment of sheer "fuck it I'll probably lose anyway", the next turn you have the Medic attack the thing.. and find out even the Fallen One isn't immune to instant death, brought about by the Death Wand you forgot ever giving to the Medic!

And that, is the story of how I accidentally cheesed the superboss by having my Medic take him down while he had over half his HP left...

The Warped Savior also ended up being a bit easier than expected, I had more problems with the stupid Muskoids petrifying my entire party multiple times...

Final team:

Link the Landsknecht/Fortress
Vega the Nightseeker/Arcanist
Gen the Medic/Arcanist
Thrawn the Dancer/Arcanist
Thor the Runemaster/Imperial

And yes, those are the same guys I started with. No retiring, no other additions.

So yesterday night I had a small "problem" with one of EO IV's superbosses...
I mean, imagine this:
you're having an epic fight against the strongest dragon ever. You're doing quite ok, it's HP is about halfway down! But then a weird attack makes almost your entire party get some kind of bind so they can't fight all that well - most notably the head bind for the Medic!

In a moment of sheer "fuck it I'll probably lose anyway", the next turn you have the Medic attack the thing.. and find out even the Fallen One isn't immune to instant death, brought about by the Death Wand you forgot ever giving to the Medic!

And that, is the story of how I accidentally cheesed the superboss by having my Medic take him down while he had over half his HP left...

The Warped Savior also ended up being a bit easier than expected, I had more problems with the stupid Muskoids petrifying my entire party multiple times...

Final team:

Link the Landsknecht/Fortress
Vega the Nightseeker/Arcanist
Gen the Medic/Arcanist
Thrawn the Dancer/Arcanist
Thor the Runemaster/Imperial

And yes, those are the same guys I started with. No retiring, no other additions.
I think I forgot I was somehow in your party... xD

:O

The SS DTAB never sailed without you!

You died the most out of everyone though :p
Considering the fact that I sometimes hardly post that's a very eerie coincidence! xD

Maybe someday I'll attempt one of these games again

Considering the fact that I sometimes hardly post that's a very eerie coincidence! xD

Maybe someday I'll attempt one of these games again
yeah, I'm a bit burned out on EO myself, right now. The post-game stratum took me way too many tries because my entire team always turned to stone :/

yeah, I'm a bit burned out on EO myself, right now. The post-game stratum took me way too many tries because my entire team always turned to stone :/

Petrification I do admit, is really damn annoying and evil. Thankfully, that pretty much got nerfed in the next iteration of EO.

Petrification I do admit, is really damn annoying and evil. Thankfully, that pretty much got nerfed in the next iteration of EO.
I even gave my Medic a Stone Charm, but it was so useless I had to wonder if it was bugged and gave me more chance of getting petrified.

Next iteration as in the Untold games? Or EO V?

I even gave my Medic a Stone Charm, but it was so useless I had to wonder if it was bugged and gave me more chance of getting petrified.

Next iteration as in the Untold games? Or EO V?

Hahahhahahaha..........hah

Also, EO V breh.

So Etrian Odyssey Nexus is coming in about 2 weeks. Got my Pre-Order placed. Anyone else going to be playing it on release, or once it arrives via mail?

They claim that this will be the biggest one yet which is super exciting, more labyrinths so an even longer game, and they already run like 60 hours.
Lots of info, and the classes are on their site
https://atlus.com/etriannexus/

Already came up with my party too - Front: Protector / Imperial -- Rear: Medic / Zodiac / Nightseeker. Imperial and Zodiac are the wildcards since I never seen them, but look cool.

Really hoping they use the open world again, which it sounds like it due to them saying "more labyrinths". It would also make the most sense because it combines the aspects from past games better.

So Etrian Odyssey Nexus is coming in about 2 weeks. Got my Pre-Order placed. Anyone else going to be playing it on release, or once it arrives via mail?

They claim that this will be the biggest one yet which is super exciting, more labyrinths so an even longer game, and they already run like 60 hours.
Lots of info, and the classes are on their site
https://atlus.com/etriannexus/

Already came up with my party too - Front: Protector / Imperial -- Rear: Medic / Zodiac / Nightseeker. Imperial and Zodiac are the wildcards since I never seen them, but look cool.

Really hoping they use the open world again, which it sounds like it due to them saying "more labyrinths". It would also make the most sense because it combines the aspects from past games better.

I'm definitely picking it up. It'll probably be my last 3DS game. Probably.

And yeah the game is big alright but assets from previous games are being re-used. More so than before that's why it's "big". Still, that doesn't bother me because I know I'm gonna enjoy the game anyway.

I'm definitely picking it up. It'll probably be my last 3DS game. Probably.

And yeah the game is big alright but assets from previous games are being re-used. More so than before that's why it's "big". Still, that doesn't bother me because I know I'm gonna enjoy the game anyway.

I'll probably play this along with Persona Q2 since I'm sure Persona will borrow that Etrian system again.

Back