Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Guest, Jan 7, 2016.

1. commonxreaction

commonxreaction Well-Known Member

I have high hopes for this, I hope I'm not let down. >_>
    The past two x2s have been fairly average/so-so.

2. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Average? x2Ten was complete crap. I'm debating whether even to pick this up.

3. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Jan 7, 2016
    Ketsu is Japanese slang for ass, which I hope this won't be otherwise the insane amount of build up over the previous seasons would be a total waste. The last 2 cours were spontaneously amusing, but ultimately disappointing (especially Ten, I can barely remember what happened in it) so there's a lot of work to do here.

Enough of the endless talking and backstories and just resolve the damn story already!

4. commonxreaction

With gedata here, I think the previous x2s were all about build up, and I'm expecting Ketsu to deliver on that build up.

If this ends up floundering out, then it would probably be worth dropping.

5. Gummo

Gummo Active Member

Posted by Gummo on Jan 7, 2016
    My biggest complaint with x2 Ten is that it was all build-up and left us on cliffhangers. This will be the punch. I'm really excited for this season.

I'm hoping for at least one Shizuo /Izaya confrontation. SHIZUUUUOOOOOOOO!!!

6. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Shit, I still haven't finished the last season. I stopped watching at about episode 8 and had no interest in continuing. I guess it's finally time to catch up though.

7. commonxreaction

If you don't have much interest, you may be further ahead to just read a summary of the last few episodes. I can't say that you've missed much.

The plot was pretty spread thin in the past two cours.

8. commonxreaction

Episode 1
    Well, what can I say? We're 3 for 3 of me not liking the x2 OP.
    Otherwise, this episode was basically organizing the information from the last two seasons. Even more of a reason to not really need to see the past two parts before jumping into this.

Overall, more setup and recap.

9. CaptainPancakes

CaptainPancakes Well-Known Member

I just realized I haven't watched x2 Ten.

Apparently it's not good, so I suppose I'll wait to see if it's worth it based on the comments here on Ketsu.

10. commonxreaction

Pretty refreshing episode in my opinion. I think this is a sign that things are starting up, finally. I look forward to next week.

11. commonxreaction

This thread dead?
    I'm enjoying the Saika/Anri and the Mikado/Izaya parts. Seems like things are moving along, or at least far more interesting than the previous two cours.

12. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Active Member

Bit slow on this but

Episode 1:
    I have no idea whats happening haha. Splitting this into 3 seasons was a really stupid idea, especially seeming how much this series jumps between perspectives.

13. commonxreaction

Yeah, I don't think they needed to split this into 3-cour. 36 episodes is a bit much for Season 2. And, a lot of the crap in Shou and Ten could have been condensed or just completely gotten rid of.

Ketsu has been a breath of fresh air though. Things are finally coming to fruition and the characters I care about are moving. It was a tedious journey to get to this point, but I can actually say Ketsu is good.

I enjoyed every part of Episode 4, I am looking forward to how this all plays out and ends.

14. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

It seems like people were so disappointed with the first two cours that they've lost interest by this point. I still have to finish up last season and catch up with this one. Good to hear all that setup is finally paying off. I just hope it doesn't become a case of too little too late.

15. randomredneck

Yup. They fucked up so royally with x2Ten, I have no desire to continue.

16. commonxreaction

You never have a desire to continue.
    Ketsu is worth watching. I gave Shou and Ten the benefit of the doubt and presumed it was all a setup. That is basically what they were. Granted, they were too long, and too drawn out. But Ketsu is definitely worth your time. Just give it a chance.

17. randomredneck

Not happening. They dropped the ball, and I'm not picking it up for them.

18. commonxreaction

Oh noooooo. e_e

Well, it's still good. Even if you skip Shou and Ten, I recommend Ketsu.

19. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Feb 6, 2016
    Just taking a note here:

RAEG

Huge success.