Dungeons & Dragons Thread

I never played anything online because I suck at speaking English. I'll consider it when I actually buy a microphone. :hamster:

Speaking of microphone, I finally got my overpowered one to not mute my speakers anymore. Neat. Crisp quality from me.
Also, I like speaking in character. Hopefully not an issue.

So, is anyone interested in being the DM? I can certainly do it unless anyone else wants to. Just keep in mind that I am a big softie that (probably) won't kill your characters.

What system should we play? I swore to never run D&D 3.x or Pathfinder again, but I can play in them. There are also old school systems that are free, and D&D 5E has a lot of content in the SRD. Or we could go with another system or genre entirely.

I never played anything online because I suck at speaking English. I'll consider it when I actually buy a microphone. :hamster:
I too suck at speaking English, so no sweat.

I think you can use text chat on Roll20 as well.
That you can! Some groups use it for out of character talk, but we could use it for whatever.

Speaking of microphone, I finally got my overpowered one to not mute my speakers anymore. Neat. Crisp quality from me.
Also, I like speaking in character. Hopefully not an issue.
As long as the character is good, it's all good!
...Oh, wait. There's voice chat? I'm in!
Awesome!

So, is anyone interested in being the DM? I can certainly do it unless anyone else wants to. Just keep in mind that I am a big softie that (probably) won't kill your characters.

What system should we play? I swore to never run D&D 3.x or Pathfinder again, but I can play in them. There are also old school systems that are free, and D&D 5E has a lot of content in the SRD. Or we could go with another system or genre entirely.
The only version I know how to play is 3.5

The only version I know how to play is 3.5
Eh, you roll high and hope for the best in all versions of D&D from the 3rd edition onwards. I can switch between editions fairly easily. The differences aren't that great, really.

EDIT: It's more on the DM's side that the differences are clear, IME. 3.5 has a lot of fiddly rules, and creating an NPC takes over 20 minutes, whereas making one in 5E takes about a tenth of that time. If you like crunch (as in, lots of detailed rules covering a lot of situations), more power to you, but I can't run those kinds of games any more.

Last edited:
I'm down for 5E. It's also probably the quickest edition of them all to learn for anyone, and the basic rules needed for play are available for free online.
And I'd prefer not to DM at this time since I barely get to play as a PC.

I hope we're playing FATAL!

I'm always up for an adventure in my "magical realm" DMing FATAL!

You wake up in a dimly lighted place. You find yourself lying down on a cold stone floor, feeling cold and bruised. You notice cold air creeping from a single barred window as you feel distant footsteps approaching. In your moment of panic you find yourself chained in a cell, wearing only a used diaper. You hear gachimuchi sounds of cracking whips and stretching latex in the distance. Villainous figure is on its way! However, your remember your trusty lockpick you smuggled between your buttcheeks! What do?

I know it's a bit early to ask, but can I try playing a bard? I've never done that in 5e. Otherwise, I can play basically anything that's not a dragonborn or a halfling.

I know it's a bit early to ask, but can I try playing a bard? I've never done that in 5e. Otherwise, I can play basically anything that's not a dragonborn or a halfling.

Dibs on being the beefgate guy! I like being that guy.

On my part, I'm not restricting any races or classes. But if you play a halfling, expect death by owlbear pretty quickly.

Hmm, I think I can see myself playing some kind of fighter type unless another class is needed. This will be my first time playing actual D&D so I'm a bit of a noob.

Hmm, I think I can see myself playing some kind of fighter type unless another class is needed. This will be my first time playing actual D&D so I'm a bit of a noob.
Pro tip then, don't feel like you need to play any class to "balance the team", the setting I have in mind won't require powergaming, play someone you find fun.

Barbarian is probably the "easiest" 5e class since you just rage and then hit the enemy real hard-like, but warlocks, rangers, and paladins aren't that hard to figure out in case you want a class that can cast spells. I haven't really played that many classes, so I don't really know how the rest of them play.

But if you play a halfling, expect death by owlbear pretty quickly.
As it should be.

Last edited:
Back