Dungeons & Dragons Thread

Yes yes yes I've been wanting to play this one! Are we starting at level 5 then? (I've never been above level 4 :o)
I'll look at a 5e conversion doc. It might be a bit higher, depending on players. Old adventures tend to be for groups of 6 to 8 players.

EDIT: Too much work, we're running Cult of the Reptile God instead. Session 0 tomorrow at maybe 4 CET.

Last edited:
We managed to play five hours without a TPK. Our intrepid adventurers, @Tents as a human war cleric, @wanryavka as a human assassin, and @NimirRa as a half - elf druid, managed to uncover some of Orlane's dark secrets in just 12 hours of in-game time. No zombies that just would not die this time, but the poor druid almost got eaten by a ravenous ghoul. Good times.

Mystery games are fun to run, but the adventure is organised really haphazardly. We lost a lot of play time due to lots of flipping back and forth. A lot of characters lack name, and it rankles me, because they are given personalities despite being nameless commoners.

We managed to play five hours without a TPK. Our intrepid adventurers, @Tents as a human war cleric, @wanryavka as a human assassin, and @NimirRa as a half - elf druid, managed to uncover some of Orlane's dark secrets in just 12 hours of in-game time. No zombies that just would not die this time, but the poor druid almost got eaten by a ravenous ghoul. Good times.

Mystery games are fun to run, but the adventure is organised really haphazardly. We lost a lot of play time due to lots of flipping back and forth. A lot of characters lack name, and it rankles me, because they are given personalities despite being nameless commoners.
Thanks for the game! ^__^

Last session our intrepid heroes managed to steal the life savings of the carpenter and his wife, tie up a bad guy but forgetting to bring him along, smell some vile troglodytes, plan to burn a building down, and finally, endanger the life and health of a child by letting it play with a mace. Good times were had. We ended mid-raid of a building. Will the party smash the NWO and free the hamlet from the calamities that beset it?

Last edited:
Last session our intrepid heroes managed to steal the life savings of the carpenter and his wife, tie up a bad guy but forgetting to bring him along, smell some vile troglodytes, plan to burn a building down, and finally, endanger the life and health of a child by letting it play with a mace. Good times were had. We ended mid-raid of a building. Will the party smash the NWO and free the hamlet from the calamities that beset it?
I... have no excuses. We're bad adventurers but we're TRYING!

Our intrepid adventurers cleared out the temple. They killed all the foul things in there, saved the damsel in distress, looted the idol. They found out that her family was indoctrinated into the cult, so of course they tried to pawn off a sacred symbol at the store owned by the family. Familicide and arson ensued, partly thanks to an NPC barbarian that is hard of hearing. The party finally embraced the path of the murderhobo, thinking over their life choices while drinking stolen wine in the woods while watching the villagers trying to quell the fire.

Then they decided to try and track the cult down and almost got eaten by crocodiles in their lair.

To be continued.

Our intrepid adventurers cleared out the temple. They killed all the foul things in there, saved the damsel in distress, looted the idol. They found out that her family was indoctrinated into the cult, so of course they tried to pawn off a sacred symbol at the store owned by the family. Familicide and arson ensued, partly thanks to an NPC barbarian that is hard of hearing. The party finally embraced the path of the murderhobo, thinking over their life choices while drinking stolen wine in the woods while watching the villagers trying to quell the fire.

Then they decided to try and track the cult down and almost got eaten by crocodiles in their lair.

To be continued.

Cadman did nothing wrong. He's a good boy. He just got scared by the housewife is all.

Fuck kids. They cursed my cleric's warhammer by touching it with their filhty little hands and it kept missing the whole time. Only a kiss from its owner brought back its true power, quite the sexual tension there.

Also, my cleric's ass is now blue green color from falling down the stairs. A charming pretty tsun boy he is.

So I might've gotten myself involved in an online D&D group connected to the larger Critical Role fandom.
I'm DM. And if everyone in the party agrees to it, I'll attempt to stream it on Twitch. I guess I'll post back here when/if that happens.

It would seem that I'll indeed be streaming!
The stream should be on January 9th, 7:00 PM (GMT +1), on twitch!
C42aNdm.gif

Realising that I haven't DMd in a while, and left my poor players without getting killed by a certain boss made me feel a lot of shame. Also, I am now bumped up from player to DM yet again in my regular group. Felt lazy, so we went with a pre-made campaign on roll20. I'll most likely adapt it and tinker with it, but it's nice that all the tokens and maps are already done.

Game night is back on. And we got a new player. With possibly another joining soon. Kind of glad the last campaign fizzled out so quick. I didn't like my character. My new guy though is killing. Altrin Steelbeard. Dwarven Cleric. He heals cause he sucks at fighting, and he hates that he's actually smart instead of your average meathead dwarf.

Gonna start a new campaign tomorrow :O My character is a Lizardfolk War-Domain Cleric xD
Have to figure out a good way to speak in swedish as a lizardfolk..... wish me luck :P
Wife is gonna dm and here is the master screen we made ourselves today :D

If anyone got any tips or fun things to think about roleplaying a Lizardfolk, feel free to talk with me about it :P

If anyone got any tips or fun things to think about roleplaying a Lizardfolk, feel free to talk with me about it :P
Volo's Guide to Monsters talks about how to do it, I believe.
If you wanna stay true to vanilla, the lizardfolk character will lack a lot of "monkey brain" qualities such as pride. They won't do stuff like boasting about or downplaying their qualities. This means they may be very physically territorial about certain things such as their belongings, but are never vindictive and petty about it.
I suggest reading up on some laconic phrases. The Spartans are a good source of inspiration for that, and laconic humor is a great way of having your character not be a stick in the mud, and it's likely to be unique to your character specifically in the party, making them much more memorable with not too much effort.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Volo's Guide to Monsters talks about how to do it, I believe.
If you wanna stay true to vanilla, the lizardfolk character will lack a lot of "monkey brain" qualities such as pride. They won't do stuff like boasting about or downplaying their qualities. This means they may be very physically territorial about certain things such as their belongings, but are never vindictive and petty about it.
I suggest reading up on some laconic phrases. The Spartans are a good source of inspiration for that, and laconic humor is a great way of having your character not be a stick in the mud, and it's likely to be unique to your character specifically in the party, making them much more memorable with not too much effort.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks :P So far its been working out good! had 2 sessions so far and people seem to enjoy having a big lizard in the party :)

New campaign is on. Playing a Warforged this time. Haven't decided his personality gimmick yet. Leaning towards schizo robot. Just flips from one personality to another on a dime...

Back