Dungeons & Dragons Thread

BrainBlow

Figured a thread for this could be neat.
Share your D&D stories, characters, character art, great ideas, whatever.

Great resources for players and DMs alike:
r/DnD
r/DnDBehindTheScreen

Heck, if there's enough interest, maybe something like an online D&D session on roll20 could be arranged.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Here's art of my new character that I'm itching to get to play:
1UWJBRi.png
The artist is awesome. Check out her stuff!
I didn't ask for a tail to be drawn, as Dragonborn usually don't have them in most canons. That's usually reserved for half-Dragons. It seems to be something this artist just prefers when she draws Dragonborn, and the end result is just way too beautiful to retcon!
:love:

The other day I finally got to play properly again as a player. First time in months with my Gnome sorcerer, Peridot.
He almost convinced a troll of giving assistance. Then the troll mistook him for threatening it, resulting in the troll punching him like 20 meters or something.
Luckily he and the group survived, though we got separated right before the session ended.

Does anyone else her watch Critical Role?

Edit: Fixed the character image.

Last edited:
Pen and paper games are in the renaissance. I managed to find people to play with and I don't have to be the GM anymore! My curse is finally over.

Having that said I played D&D only once - I'm not a huge fan od heroic fantasy. WFRP and CP2020 are closer to my taste. But if you are going to play online on that roll20 thing - count me in!

PS - the character link is dead.
PPS - isn't Norway actually penis shaped? Just askin' :D

Play it almost every Saturday. My current character is a Frenzied Berserker Dwarf named Seamus Rocksmiter. Imagine every stereotypical dwarf ever, but throw in an eyepatch and me doing a bad Scottish accent.

Eh, I tried to upvote your comment, too much reddit. I know how it goes. I often end playing with totally useless but super fun characters like a fat redhead bard that sings like an angel and soils himself when someone pulls a knife. Bonus points I sing like a harpy in real life but goddammit I try when I roleplay.

Norway is guitar-shaped viking land.
-------------------------------

Legos are neat for figurines. And now I'm spending a lot of money... on legos...

I've only ever played one short campaign that acted as an introduction to the game for me, we used Pathfinder rules for that, but we're in the midst of creating a new campaign and I'm carrying my character over.

A Drow brawler called Maerwen that basically just wants to punch shit and never listen to anyone ever. Her life priorities 1) Can I punch it? 2) Can I eat it?

Just had my best session as a DM yet! Gah, horror-themed for a lot of it! I loved it! The players loved it!
Thanks, Toby Fox, for some of that great music that fit so perfectly for what I was doing!
:love:
And good gods was it delicious to unnerve the players like that! Man, now I'm thinking of looking into that Call of Cthulu roleplaying game, too!

Might have been a bit too "mean" towards one of the players, though. I'm so damn used to people yelling when frightened that I didn't realize that she gets frightened the same way I do: She freezes rather than jump and yelp. Owch.

So apparently there's been some changes to the free rules set for 5E that explicitly incorporates gender identity.
That would have been neat when I created my first character, as I was considering making him/her a trans character, though I was still so new at the game that I didn't quite know how to implement it in roleplay, so I dropped it.

Unsurprisingly, a bunch of people are butthurt about this rules edit and the addition of a minor trans character in Baldur's Gate.

More like it being specifically mentioned in the character creation part as something that should be considered, and I think they actually added/tweaked some "canon" god to better suit players who want to run with it as a more central theme.

I only had brief run ins with DnD. First time was a few years ago, I had a couple tutorial sessions with friends irl and the second time was relatively recently, about a year ago nearly, with my online friends, whom I still speak to now.
The second group involved a good friend of mine who was also present in that first group. There were no problems on my first run in with the game, I just drifted away from it pretty quickly in much the same way I tend to with a lot of things, however the second group ended with a disaster.
My friend and his friend were already having some disagreements on our first session, mainly thanks to some giant boss we were not supposed to fight and yet his friend attacked anyway (in character tbf). We only got to the second session, which I had missed a lot of due to being needed irl, where they argued so bad that it killed progression and ended with another guy just quitting without a word.
We never played another game since, which was a shame since the DM had some interesting plans for it.

Just got the "Curse of Strahd" book for 5e, and I'm thinking of eventually surprising my players by incorporating it into my setting.
Gothic horror, oh yes.

I've tried to get into D&D, but everyone around me frickin' sucks! None of them want to do the numbers for character creation, nor do they want to use their imaginations. So, I have the 4.0 Beginner's kit sitting in my closet almost untouched, after having only played one campaign. I have friends who want to try to get together, but we always plan, but never do it.

I wound up buying the board game called "Dungeon" which does all the character creation for you and is a campaign ready to go. It's not quite D&D, but it's pretty darn close. We've already gotten to play several campaigns with that game simply cause it skipped character creation. But, playing a mage while everyone else is a thief or cleric or fighter is tough, since mages have to collect the most loot.

When I'm not trying to get into tabletop/board game D&D, I'm always playing the CRPGs like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, and Planescape: Torment. They're the next best thing to not playing D&D at all.

As for art, I am currently making a visual novel game based on a story I created which I came up with when I started getting into D&D. I've got all the art done and am finalizing the scripts, then I just have to put it together. I was unemployed for 5 months while trying to recover from both my arms being injured and small movements were my 'physical therapy', so I figured drawing and writing would work out great. My arms are recovered and now my game is ready to be made. My characters don't exactly fit D&D Mythos/Lore, so I'm not sure if I should even post examples or not. I totally will for critique sake, if people don't mind?

Should hopefully be getting Volo's Guide to Monsters within a few days. This is an expanded Monster Manual I've been wanting dearly. That and new playable races.
Also, WOTC's "miniature collection" system is fucking bullshit! 30$ for random figurines? Not everything can work as Magic the Gathering!
Anyways, I just made those my go-to answer for "what do you want for christmas?"

Thank God, we're finally starting a new campaign. This one had been going for little over a year now, and I was running out of shtick for Seamus.

Back