Dragon's Dogma

The lore is interesting enough to make a one-off story or two I guess...but I would've preferred if they make a full-fledged console sequel instead of this. This series is really underrated and the only follow-up to the first game is still trapped in Japan.

Thing is, I got about 200 hours in the game playing it as a female character, The idea alone to see the story by a male character is going to annoy me so badly XD

Missed the game and after the Anime I'm sure the whole franchise is worth crap. Advertisement a'la Netflix (low budget) Anime Originals. I guess like the animation quality, the hard drive couldn't handle more then 7 episodes (something like a 4.3 Gb Seagate from the year 2000?)

Well, it was an original story based on the game's theme with the Arisen, with the monsters and all that. The anime was very good, and I liked the original story. But if they had adapted the story from the game in 24-26 episodes, it would have been way better. The original has so much more to offer in terms of story, characters, magic, monsters, and the world in general (they didn't show anything in the anime).

The one big downside with this is that it's only 7 episodes, and that's not enough to build the world and the characters. The way I see this, is as a prequel introduction story for the game.

Even if some didn't really like the anime, I hope that they will at least be interested and try the game, as it's one of the greatest of all time and highly underrated.
Now we just wait for Capcom to announce Dragon's Dogma 2.

2 episodes in and the best thing about this abomination is the OP animation. I forgive a lot of subpar/bad CGI if the story's compelling but DD doesn't even have that going for it.

Finally finished it. Amusingly enough the monsters in the game (from 2012)had more detail then the anime does in 2020. In the end couldn't decide between 3 out of 10 or 4 out of 10, but ultimately went with the former. Almost everything about it ranges from mediocre to bad.

I can forgive this macabre CGI art piece if Netflix keeps buying stuff like One Piece, SOA, and Toradora. I liked the dark issues with the anime but the fact we will only get one season makes me sad that i got invested in Dragon's Dogma thinking it was a cool new anime to start.

Here for the EDS Group Watch (and maybe Bingo).

Episodes 1-2

First off, I haven't played the game (not a fan of hack-and-slash games) so outside of learning that it was a commercial success and have good reviews, that's pretty much all I know about Dragon's Dogma. As for the anime itself, the dialogue seemed pretty cheesy and basic to me, even for a video-game adaptation. The CGI was pretty average. The dragon and cyclops monsters were pretty intense, but that was the only real positive I can draw from these two episodes.

EDS Groupwatch.

Let me start by I should not say I like a character. Ever.
RIP Simon.

So far I am at the end of episode 5 and think this is atrocious. More to come as I finish it. It is interesting to see him slowly lose his humanity though.

Alright at the end of episode 6 and I have a bit to say. This could have been a really good show if there were some explanations, character development, and if everything was not so stuffed together that it felt rushed and stilted at the same time.

So far I have felt that this was totally useless. Mind you I know nothing about the game it was based on, but this is not making me want to play it.

Halfway through ep 7.
Didn't see the Arisen = Dragon thing coming.

Finally done. 100% will not rewatch.

Last edited:
Here for the EDS groupwatch.

It wasn't good, but it wasn't very bad either. It was just painfully mediocre.
I was gonna give it 3/5 stars, but I don't like it when a character who isn't influenced much by emotions at the start gets the character development where they do feel emotions at the end. I would've preferred it a lot if
Hannah'd just kill Ethan,
so I gave it 2.5/5 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here for the EDS groupwatch.

I have to say I wasn't expecting much from this show due to the bad reviews I heard and I want to say it did not disappoint. I found the show to be pretty bad, giving it a 2/5 rating. The lack of explanation really hurt the overall show as well as the animation was offputting to me. I would definitely not watch this again or recommend it to a friend.

Here for EDS groupwatch.
It does live up to its reputation, so it has that going for it.
Loved the op and thats really it. I did like the lore wished it was done better and with everything else.

This is both bad and good advertisement to the game.
Good - If you liked the lore and would like to see it done better go to the game
Bad - It's potentially a turn off to the game

You'll have a better time watching game play on youtube or playing the game yourself most likely.
I could see myself recommending this to someone if I'm in a douchebag mood at the moment.

huh, well, watch this for EDS groupwatch. I've started to find that I've been enjoying the fantasy adventure genre more recently, so I guess I enjoyed that aspect of it. But, overall, it was maybe a 2.5/5. Hannah was pretty uninteresting personality wise. Ethan was unlikeable most of the time, but I don't hate him since the guy has been through alot so it does make sense. Only characters that were mildly interesting for me were Simon and Balthazar.
Louis's character could've been interesting, but he held little to none plot relevence after his death, Olivia and her unborn child alone could've easily been (and was actually) the only emotional memories that fueled Ethan's desire to kill the dragon. One more thing that I personally found didn't make sense was when Ethan first met the dragon at the end, he had said something along the lines of "people are redeemable!" when in the episodes prior it was evident that he had lost original hope for humanity, especially when he clearly didn't give a fuck about Simon dying.
ending suprised me a bit, but for the most part, the series was meh.

Back