Dr. Stone

Discussion in 'Specific Manga Discussion' started by g3data, Mar 3, 2017.

1. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Mar 3, 2017
    Dr. Stone

Synopsis, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual chapters and first impressions of this manga here. Full reviews should be posted here.

[​IMG]

1st chapter of this new Shonen Jump title got translated today.

1:

It's a "last human's on earth" with two dudes awaken from their petrification coincidentally within a year of each other (or maybe there's some explanation) with 2 dudes. This might be a perfect setup for a yaoi work but I'm still interested in seeing how a Jump storyline could do a premise like this work. Probably shouldn't get your hopes up for another Eden: It's an Endless World though.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Dr. Stone also sounds like a yaoi kind of name. The name is Rod Stone, Doctor Rod Stone. Red rover, red rover, Doc Stone says bend over.

g3data likes this.
  3. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Mar 11, 2017
    2:

>Manga about Science triumphing over the fantasy setting they've been thrown in

>Survives for thousands of years from willpower and aren't fucked in the brain
    I like the idea of a Jump series approaching the theme of survivalism, but I think they might be skimping a little on the scientific nitty gritties here.

Just how much mileage can a premise like this even get (assuming it doesn't get axed).

4. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Mar 15, 2017
    3:

They were so close to their short-term goal, so of course Taijuu would do something stupid like fuss over something stupid like prioritizing his waifu's clothes over bringing her back to life.

Newbro made one hell of an entrance though. Crusted in stone for a 3700 years and has no idea why or how? No problem. Just make sure to explain everything nicely after he's punched out some bitch-ass lions.

5. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Mar 23, 2017
    4:

Well it's at least nice to know that Shishio will have more to do than be a life hack for Senku and Taiju with his unforgiving way of thinking and all that would be a decent fit for a true villain.

6. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Mar 30, 2017
    5:

[​IMG] I'm sensing a mixed message here.

7. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Apr 6, 2017
    6:
    Nice a realistic depiction of teenagers.
    [​IMG]

Also of people in general. Just four of them and their already looking into how best to kill their fellow man.

8. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Apr 14, 2017
    7:

Not really sure how I feel about this. Someone like Tsukasa could've ended up as interesting foil with a reasonable point. Dude is too much of a cartoon villain. There was ample space character development and conflict here. Instead of him openly killing, he could just do it when no one is watching and build suspense and horror, and actually begin addressing the obviously central plot aspect of "are some people not worth saving?". Probably the result of making powerful to the point where he's essentially superhuman who can get away with anything.