DMMC: Daily Manga Marathon Club

Discussion in 'General Manga Discussion' started by SpanglishJC, Apr 2, 2016.

1. thor123

thor123 Well-Known Member

my list should be more or less up to date. Maybe the odd one-shot I forgot to add to my list, but I don't think any full-volume manga should be missing.

2. XMrNiceguyX

XMrNiceguyX Head of the Pokémafia Propaganda department

That's good news at least. I'm quite sure that none of the members will have rereads for the whole thing. We haven't thought about the celebratory picks yet though. We'll think of something (possibly something related to the more popular manga we're reading... possibly not :pokerface:)

3. thor123

i know the perfect celebratory pick : Yokohama kaidashi thingy

4. SpanglishJC

SpanglishJC Well-Known Member

Oh har har har, nice 'link'!

Although speaking of Yokohama, I would kind of like to try the manga for it. I liked the premise of the anime even if it turned out to be rather boring. Not as a pick though, it's 14 volumes long!!
    Also not fully sure we will be doing celebratory picks with the manga yet.

5. XMrNiceguyX

YOU GOT ME :laugh:

I did click that link without looking and I regret it dearly! :laugh:

I admit Yokohama crossed my mind, but it's like 14 volumes I think. Celebratory pick probably won't be much more than 3 volumes (perhaps 4, we haven't decided on this yet), so it does include a lot, it also excludes a lot of options :P

Main purpose is still filling up manga lists a bit, so completed manga is pretty much a given though

6. SpanglishJC

Yeah we ain't gonna pick ongoing things.
    Also with the celebratory stuff, reason it is up in the air is due to the fact that with the anime picks we can schedule a special group watch and with people that want to join and celebrate that way. Assigning celebratory manga seems a bit pointless to me.
    Still, maybe it will entice some people to try new things, even if you will have to read it alone anyways.

7. thor123

going by the cover, this should be the perfect celebratory pick at 4 volumes: heh

8. XMrNiceguyX

Just to read something while we're waiting for a new one basically. Groupreads aren't going to happen obviously :P Either way, it'll be optional, so perhaps we could consider bigger manga. Especially since there's only going to be two such celebratory picks this time around (instead of the three we get for the anime marathon) and manga is well suited to get through at your own pace and in parts (these anime celebratory picks - especially movies - are things you'd probably should still watch in one go).

Furthermore, we aren't quite set yet on when the next manga marathon is going to be. As soon as we finish this one, we're probably going to talk about the longer term ideas of these marathons and the kind of schedule we're aiming to go for. For those who do both the anime and manga marathon, there will be no breaks at all if we stick to our initial plan. This means we'll be looking for some compromise which is fair also to people who do only one of the two types. One thing we don't want is working people to an anime/manga burnout (and believe it or not, we're not actually actively trying to get people fatalitied).

9. SpanglishJC

Wow that's an... 'enticing'... front page cover. Well no guarantees that it will show up ;)

EDIT: Just to follow up on what Niceguy said, basically nothing is final, we are going to do some fiddling with the schedule of the DAMC should the DMMC prove successful leading onto more manga marathons.

10. XMrNiceguyX

That is... gorgeous. I'd "read" the hell out of that :megusta:

11. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Posted by Taek on Apr 7, 2016
    Just do Yokohama vol1 one day, then work in the other 13 through the rest of the month :3

12. SpanglishJC

I will read it in my own time!
    Frees up space for other, shorter manga lol

13. hamletsmage

hamletsmage Well-Known Member

Toilet an Hanako-San
    2/5
    should not have read this when I went to take a bathroom break...

Also, found yet more horrible things in the "no one reads this" pile
    Over the Moon I found it translated, but the art is so crappy, my eyes bled a little.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  14. casandra29

casandra29 Member

You wanna read something that will make your eyes bleed? Try this... I swear the proportions are so off that
    I thought he was using his fist in one part
    . (Don't read if under 18 or are sensitive to stupidity)

Nessa no Umi ni Manekarete

the person who made that Over the Moon manga also mande Seirei Produce which I actually like kinda.

15. XMrNiceguyX

I am so going to check those two out. Perfect to end my day with in bed I daresay :pokerface:

16. thor123

Over the Moon is so popular I can't even find a synopsis for that crap...
    you know what's also in the "nobody reads this" pile? this , and it makes me angry as F*** that nobody reads this :flip:

17. SpanglishJC

Wow only 1 read? And that does not even count lol.

18. casandra29

casandra29 Member

gotta love alien like hands and triangle faces that are not even intentionally horribly drawn. Don't try to understand the story either... you will get dumber.
    How in one chapter a girl is kidnapped and the next she is sleeping with her kidnapper is beyond me but their conversations... my god... is that a translation issue?
    the baka updates thread says it has a sequel too. :hamster:

I thought about writing a review for it... you know as a warning to others before the end up with brain damage.

Edit: Oh looks like a new crazy one. Let's go see.

19. hamletsmage

hamletsmage Well-Known Member

His hands... Jesus, his hands on the cover alone... He's not human! Shoot to kill!

20. casandra29

casandra29 Member

I tried Thor... I read 3 chapters so far.

It seems to be one of those webtoons that is dumb on purpose. (the stupid funny type)

Edit: I read Over the Moon. The art was not horrible compared to some I'd put it slightly below average in terms of art. However, if you go check out Seirei Produce you can see how much the mangaka has grown in 10 years.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016