Dirty Pair

Episode 10:

I could easily see this becoming a favorite Saturday morning cartoon. Even if this episode was a bit scattered compared to everything else, Kei and Yuri are so charming on their own, that their banter did well to cover up the flaws for a while. Their chemistry is so on-point, and it's been real fun watching them go up against other people, their boss, and each other.

I wish I could post more, but this is really the only important screencap:

2Qat4.jpg

Episode 11:

The best part of this episode was Kei dressing like a 1930s gangster the entire episode then getting pissed when people mistook her for a man. I guess assuming gender never became a controversy in this version of the future. Also, in this version of the future cops just don't give a shit. They'll open fire in the middle of a crowded mall even though they can't aim for shit. They fucked up a bunch of cars, but there had to be some human casualties as well considering all the lead that was flying.

The most unflattering panty shot in anime:
MZ2Q52s.jpg

Kei and Yuri have taken on many challenges and cleared them all easily, but this episode they are forced to deal with their true nemesis, children. They can take out a couple of violent bank robbers in 58 seconds. However pit them against a group of unruly children and they're out of their depth.

To add insult to injury when they do get to their party it's all just a groovy joke by their boss. Worst week off ever.

This was a really good episode. A little bit cheesy with the song but I can take it. I kind of saw something like this was going to happen ever since I skimmed the preview but it was handled really well. The ending where they all just went after each other was really great and I liked that the father wasn't shown completely evil in the end (he was definitely evil during most of the episode which is also okay), he just wanted what was best of his son in his eyes, which is a good note to end it on. He was wrong but there's something to appreciate on not completely demonizing him at the time. It means they understand the problem and aren't just doing it to appeal.
I think this series is about love 96% of the time. I thought he was evil, then I thought he was going to die either while getting saved or by sacrificing himself, then I thought he was evil again. Apparently he's not evil, just dead. I guess that's cool. Kei got a lot of points this episode, they apparently would both leave each other for a man in different scenarios, but deep inside they know it isn't completely true. They just gotta make some sacrifices to get a man and they know the other will be there when they're done so they can be gay again. That's what I'm gathering this series is about, correct me if I'm wrong.

12:

This episode was pretty much referencing Flowers for Algernon haha, do I love this show's reference game:

96m8TB9.png

RELEASE THE NEKOS!

8mEd2sg.png

So much fucking fluffiness in this elevator, I wanna ride an elevator full of nekos one day.

Pfn1evD.png

Oops, guess they're not going to save the day.

How can you go wrong about an episode of super smart nazi mice?

Good episode again. The passion put into this show is such a joy to watch.

Last edited:
Dammit Gen why you always gotta be ahead, makin' me have to remember to look back at posts further up!

Episode 11:
Holy shit, this might have been more fun even than the western episode...
"We're getting vacation time?! FUCK YEAH! *literally explodes their mission and starts dancing*"

Absolutely loved watching Yuri in the background laughing her ass off while Kei was getting rejected, that gag amused me. And I definitely knew there was still going to be one kid on the ship XD

Gotta say, respect Kei rockin' that pinstripe suit at the end.

Episode 11:

2QcDz.jpg

That's it, that's the show, that's all that ever happens in this show.

Well dammit, this episode wins, this episode takes the whole screwy cake. How did I know Kei and Yuri'd end up becoming each others' dates after all those rejections? The nerve of that one guy too, calling Kei vulgar. Ain't no woman too vulgar for a man who can't handle a little rough play every now and then. Sheesh, he should've just straight-up said he was a wimp, maybe that would've been more acceptable an excuse. But yes, talk about my dream ship teased and milked for all its possible worth. The creators have such an innate understanding of their characters and their audience's demands, and I love how they just cater to every little need.

I love this episode, I really do, even if it felt a lot like a filler throwaway. Kids? Misunderstandings on the grandest scale? Hilarious pseudo-romantic banter between the two leads? The worst cops this side of the galaxy? Hell yes, if that's not filler material then I don't know what is. But we get Yuri and Kei on a date, with healthy amounts of arguing and splendid teamwork, so you know. It all works out in the end.

Kei absolutely killed it with her outfits here. Yuri could've nearly absolutely killed a few children, what with all that shit they were saying about her flawless physicality. Don't listen to them, homegirl, they don't know shit. Say what you will about this, but what it lacks in action, it more than makes up for in laughs and fanservice. Isn't it lovely?

2QcDL.jpg

My heart.

2QcDy.jpg

Hey, it's my personal daily mantra.

2QcDx.jpg

Would you look at that, it's also another personal daily mantra of mine.

I think this series is about love 96% of the time. I thought he was evil, then I thought he was going to die either while getting saved or by sacrificing himself, then I thought he was evil again. Apparently he's not evil, just dead. I guess that's cool. Kei got a lot of points this episode, they apparently would both leave each other for a man in different scenarios, but deep inside they know it isn't completely true. They just gotta make some sacrifices to get a man and they know the other will be there when they're done so they can be gay again. That's what I'm gathering this series is about, correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, definitely. That's all this series is about, my fam, the gay. And what beautiful, beautiful gayness it all is.

Episode 11:

2QcDz.jpg

That's it, that's the show, that's all that ever happens in this show.

Well dammit, this episode wins, this episode takes the whole screwy cake. How did I know Kei and Yuri'd end up becoming each others' dates after all those rejections? The nerve of that one guy too, calling Kei vulgar. Ain't no woman too vulgar for a man who can't handle a little rough play every now and then. Sheesh, he should've just straight-up said he was a wimp, maybe that would've been more acceptable an excuse. But yes, talk about my dream ship teased and milked for all its possible worth. The creators have such an innate understanding of their characters and their audience's demands, and I love how they just cater to every little need.

I love this episode, I really do, even if it felt a lot like a filler throwaway. Kids? Misunderstandings on the grandest scale? Hilarious pseudo-romantic banter between the two leads? The worst cops this side of the galaxy? Hell yes, if that's not filler material then I don't know what is. But we get Yuri and Kei on a date, with healthy amounts of arguing and splendid teamwork, so you know. It all works out in the end.

Kei absolutely killed it with her outfits here. Yuri could've nearly absolutely killed a few children, what with all that shit they were saying about her flawless physicality. Don't listen to them, homegirl, they don't know shit. Say what you will about this, but what it lacks in action, it more than makes up for in laughs and fanservice. Isn't it lovely?

2QcDL.jpg

My heart.

2QcDy.jpg

Hey, it's my personal daily mantra.

2QcDx.jpg

Would you look at that, it's also a personal daily mantra of mine.

Oh, definitely. That's all this series is about, my fam, the gay. And what beautiful, beautiful gayness it all is.

+1 for using that exact same screen cap I used.

Episode 12:

I don't think anyone is going to be requesting flowers for this Algernon's grave. Other than increasing the intelligence of a lab rat this episode doesn't have much in common with the melancholic story it is referencing. Instead this episode is a short version of Akira with rats and less motorcycles, but still swag red capes.

When are scientists ever going to learn that to increase an animal's intelligence only to use it for more efficient slave labor is always going to backfire?

Meanwhile, we find out that Yuri is so confident she thinks she can seduce an AI into giving her information.

Yuri and Kei are getting a little entitled with all their demands for bonuses and vacations. At least Kei gets to slap Yuri's dirty pair this episode.

Poor Mughi is such a little coward being afraid of mice like that. At least Nanmo gets his Rambo moment.

Episode 11
Gooley is actually too reasonable to be a true eighties chief. I assume it's because they're not actually police, but... idk, mercenaries of some sort.His mean streak lies elsewhere. Like trolling them with a party.

A perfect solution to their date dilemmas would be to... date each other! Come on, show, I know you really want them to.

Gotta love how enthusiastic law enforcement are in this. Not at all overly violent and scary. They're also very quick to bring in the armed forces. It's almost as good as Yuri beating a kid for doing... actually nothing. And then they jailbreak out because they're too impatient.
A return to form.

Episode 12
I have no clue what the fuck Flowers for Algernon is about, and I refuse to find out. Castigate me for my wilful ignorance all you want, I shall refuse to budge even so. However, I assume it's not about genetically engineered mice turned-murderdeathcult leaders that put on swastika symbols after video calls. It would be rad if it were, though.

As pro-science as I sometimes pretend to be, there is no way in hell that a brain-killing louse could have ever passed an IRB. Nor is the lab safety up to snuff. I think the good professor could do well with some academic sanctions. But alas, he pays his bills by also making souvenir weapons and other weird shit for 3WA. Fucking private sector and its lack of oversight.

Gooley seems even more reasonable when compared to his supervisor. Of course, she is mostly just a callous and calculating asshole, not a stereotypical shrieking harridan like I first suspected. Good on the show.

This was the first episode with an actually racist stereotype. The only saving grace was that it wasn't the whole point of him, but still less good.

The pseudo-eugenics/IQ cult bullcrap was also a bit of a turn-off. I liked the self-determination aspect of it, especially as it led to EXPLOSIONS

Episode 12:
Ah, gotta love when there are obvious references to a book you never read.

Seriously how the fuck have these two not been fired for costing the company too much goddamn money between blowing everything up and extorting their boss for bonuses and paid vacations? I don't think just being good is enough to cover all that...

I'm glad they stuck to realistic ranges for the IQs in this episode. I know they're realistic because Algernon, Yuri, and I are all well within the 5 points that's considered the standard margin of error on IQ tests. Totally not bragging. Edit: Apparently high IQ does not necessarily come with good memory... I only just remembered they were in the 150s, not 160s, my bad... I actually kicked their mental asses =D

Racist depiction of a Chinese chef? Check. Mice bent on human genocide flashing swastikas? Check. Mice scaring cats in a shocking twist? Check. What an episode.

Last edited:
Episode 12:

Remember, kiddies, brute force and *Ahnold voice* EXPLUSHONS!!! trump high IQs every time.

Goddammit, you guys, how could y'all, I cried when I read that story. Cried. Same kind of tears I shed after reading Of Mice and Men. What is it with me and mice?

Scientists really gotta work on their naming sense. Think of the process that went into naming these supermice, definite two of a kind, whose combined intelligence could outrank even the smartest of us mere humans. Algernon's... okay, I understand. A little pretentious, definitely a name to tempt fate and spite god... but it's understandable. But tell me, what could have possessed them to name the other one Chichi? What, that's it? They already ran out of smart mouse names? What about Mighty? Algertwo? Ratatouille? Jerry? Mickey?

Okay, so maybe not that last one.

But still! This is just like Mew and Mewtwo all over again, no wonder Mewtwo rebelled and blew up his entire lab. If I had to carry the number two until I died, I'd raise an army and abolish the entire concept of names altogether, humanity's fate be damned.

By the way, I just noticed that pink cat with the weirdo name from episode number I forgot shows up in the OP. How significant could this cameo be, I wonder...

At least Kei gets to slap Yuri's dirty pair this episode.

Best part of the episode, imo.

2Qexq.jpg

"I think it's a little too late for that."
- Kei, probably

2Qexr.jpg

In case this guy's ethnicity wasn't already obvious enough.

2Qext.jpg

THOSE GODDAMN NAZIS

2Qexs.jpg

JUST LIKE THE FUCKIN' NAZIS I TELL YOU

2Qexv.jpg

There, see! On the far right bottom corner! Isn't that the cat from the OP and episode number I forgot? And someone save the poor white cat in the middle, it looks like it's about to drown.

2Qexw.jpg

Deploying child soldiers for their war. Boy, these Lovely Angels really are something. Desperate times, I guess.

Whoa.....that's actually good spot, I didn't even notice that hah. Makes me wonder now, if there's any other times I missed it in the background.

-----
13:

As a horror nerd, I am very pleased by the lovecraft referencing indeed, LOVECRAFT REFERENCES A BEST. Man, slugs are so gross though, so eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwww, fuckin slugs. The sewer chase was really well-animated, and that armor piercing slap Kei doled out was fucking epic. Stupid little arrogant shit deserved that.

Last edited:
Back