Did you know? Site features showcase

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by sothis, Sep 22, 2019.

1. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Sep 22, 2019
    [​IMG]

Introducing "Did you know?", a recurring showcase into site features you might not be aware of on Anime-Planet - from major features to configuration settings that make your life easier. We aim to post these weekly or bi-weekly, and will eventually compile the information into a Help section of the forum.

---------

This week's showcase is the non-flashy, but useful, report comment feature.

Have you ever been on a character page, or your profile and noticed a spoiler, or abusive comment? You can use the "report comment" link to let moderators know:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We encourage you to use this feature to report spoilers on people/character pages, as well as any content that violates the Code of Conduct (homophobic language, personal attacks, etc). Put the clear reason for the report in the form, but do not say details about any specific spoiler, as we have a team of mods who specifically are ok with seeing spoilers and they don't triage the comment form. Reporting the spoiler comment gives us the information that we need to investigate.

A note (because we sometimes receive reports for this): swearing is allowed in comments, as long as it isn't abusive. Also, if you report an abusive profile comment on your page, please don't delete it. The current system doesn't allow for us to see deleted comments, but we will remove the comment after looking into it.

Thanks for your support of Anime-Planet! Be on the lookout for the next feature showcase in a week or two.

Azmi, SakuragimaMay, KKuro and 32 others like this.
  2. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

Posted by sothis on Sep 22, 2019
    Please don't post unrelated feature requests in announcement threads for other items.

3. Quin15

Quin15 Member

Posted by Quin15 on Sep 23, 2019
    Thank you for adding this. I've seen many spoilers viewing character pages.

Azmi, koeto, ReeA and 4 others like this.
  4. uchirayato

uchirayato New Member

eu quero ler os caps mais nao da
    cade os caps

5. KebaFox

KebaFox Member

Thanks for this! I'm hoping that inappropriate reviews will soon have that feature, too.

Azmi and memojuez like this.
  6. OctaviaMelody

OctaviaMelody New Member

As for spoilers, there could be a feature for people to censor text? (unless it's too much a problem programming) maybe a clickable warning box (quote style box) that expands to show content if the user chooses to or blacked out text [similar to the Disqus spoiler tag]. Also use for the anime reviews. Sometimes you want to get an idea what an anime is about and if it's worth watching but don't want spoilers yet people still want to comment on specific parts that reveal too much.

Azmi, koeto and INFJchan like this.
  7. INFJchan

INFJchan New Member

It's never easy to say without being very familiar with the behind the scenes workings of something how easy any given feature would be to implement, but it's a feature many fairly basic forums have been able to implement for a long time so we can cross our fingers there. This, at least, is a big step in the right direction.

koeto likes this.
  8. RedShadow

RedShadow New Member

Im not social enough for this to matter to me. Good feature though for them social butterflies. Looking forward to the next site feature update. Make sure to notify me or Ill just end up missing it. Took me 11 days to notice this site announcement. I just didnt know.:seriously:

9. RedDatalGirl

RedDatalGirl Well-Known Member

I was too late to notice...but can't we report if someone is using swearing words even if they don't mean it?I don't want other users to encourage using this kind of words that easily.

10. Kari5

Kari5 Database Moderator

Posted by Kari5 on Oct 4, 2019
    As mentioned in first post, just cursing is fine as long as its not being used to attack someone (which is against the code of conduct).
    You have to be at least 13 years old to join the site, and swearing is a normal thing by then.

koeto likes this.
  11. memojuez

memojuez New Member

Most excellent feature...

12. niotabunny

niotabunny Well-Known Member

I approve of this change! but seriously, thanks for this, there are so many cases of spoilers, just basic random text, or something along the lines of nothing but entirely not what said something was about. glad this feature was brought into effect, thanks for keeping the site evolving and changing.