Detective Conan

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Aznmonster, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Aznmonster

Aznmonster New Member

Detective Conan
    Alt titles: Meitantei Conan, Case Closed

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Let's get this buddy group started!

Episode 1!

Nothing so special about this one,The next episode might be more interesting but for now,no ones a "Sherlcok Holmes".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2016
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Apr 25, 2009
    Good luck... :sweat: The series just... never... ends... :frustrat:

I wonder how far you'll get. :P

tosoon likes this.
  3. Aznmonster

Aznmonster New Member

Yup,525+ episodes.But I think I can handle this.

4. Holychrono

Holychrono Guest

Have a good summer :@_@::@_@::@_@:

5. Aznmonster

Aznmonster New Member

Summer?Who do you think I am?

MORE LIKE WEEK!

6. @[email protected] Actually it would take just over a week with no sleep. But I don't think that is quite possible, since sleeping, eating, etc is needed.

7. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Jul 2, 2009
    soooo i just kicked this off night taking a little dinner break from pretty cure...

gotta say I'm rather impressed so far. it's interesting and likes to throw in little facts about Sherlock Holmes too :D

the little guy is always thinking which will either be really cool or highly annoying. time will tell on this

8. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Jul 2, 2009
    ep 4

haha i love how the maple leaf gold coins are Canadian loonies XD

9. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Jul 6, 2009
    so after 40 eps or so i got thinking that a lot of these eps are about revenge murder. kinda weird.

10. Canas

Canas Guest

Posted by Canas on Jul 22, 2009
    I got interested in this anime just today. AniDB lists it as a romance, and its supposed to be one of its major themes as well. I love good romances, does this series have a romance too?

11. jurexplay

jurexplay New Member

Well there is something going on but I wouldn't tag this series as romance ;p.

tosoon likes this.
  12. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Aug 27, 2009
    the romance is more frustrating than anything in conan :(
    it isn't really major though and shouldn't have romance as a tag lol

i want him to tell her so bad! so many chances. JUST DO IT LITTLE MAN YOU CAN DO IT!!

13. miko

miko New Member

Posted by miko on Feb 15, 2010
    I recently got all caught up to date on this anime, it's over 500 now I think, probably more, I don't remember the exact number of episodes, I am impressed that they haven't ran out of ideas yet, nor have I lost interest in it any. I know it also has a few movies out for it too. I do believe this has got to be the longest running anime in one bracket, or at least one of. but I suppose it's like american stuff like the simpsons it's long too. I do enjoy the flow of the anime as well, a lot of it hasn't been boring, to my mental focus anyways

14. Dusk

Dusk New Member

Posted by Dusk on Sep 12, 2010
    Episode 29!
    I really have to start counting how many time they use "*insert family member / friend here* committed suicide" as a motive :...:

15. Dusk

Dusk New Member

Posted by Dusk on Sep 17, 2010
    Episodes 81 - 82!
    Ahh, where to start XD
    Took me a couple replays of their first encounter to figure out that the singer had the same voice as Conan. It was one of those "I can't put my finger on it but it sounds way too familiar... now where have I... ah snap!" moments. :baka:

Those other kids were really dumb... Trying to catch an armed kidnapper WITHOUT Shinichi?! AND they messed with backstage equipment?! It's just too much fail for me to handle, and they were all like "we got this" too -_-

I was really hoping Shinichi would bust out those vocal cords in the end... I figured after one of the characters pointed it out, them two having the same voice would have to come up as a plot point somewhere. I guess if he could kickass, solve crimes AND sing he would just surpass the known limits of awesome... :crying:

Really liked that song at the end though, and that guy, performing with a gun-shot wound! What dedication! XD
    P.S This show needs more Hattori *nods* Him and Shinichi make a badass combo ^_^

16. vernanonix

vernanonix Galvantula Rancher

Happy 600th episode Conan!

Maybe I'll see it eventually. Only 431 to go...*wimper*

tosoon likes this.
  17. LinkSword

LinkSword POPEE BELIEVER

Could anyone please fill me in on the current situation of subs? It's kind of hard to know whether or not all the episodes are available from 200 onwards since many groups sub this and they basically pick random eps without following the order... So I want to know until which episode all the previous ones are subbed.

I'd really like to start this HUGE show, but I won't if I'll suddenly have to stop at episode 200-something. Thanks beforehand!

18. Dusk

Dusk New Member

Posted by Dusk on Aug 25, 2011
    As far as I know (which probably isn't much) DCTP (Detective Conan Translation Project at [DCTP] Detective Conan Translation Project) does subs for this. I've found that most if not all episodes have been uploaded onto youtube.

On that note, I've finally (after a brief interlude) caught up to the 626 episodes that are currently out! :smile:
    And I've watched all the movies too! XD

Has been lots of fun! Looking back over the older episodes really goes to show how much the quality has improved over the years. o_o

It's unfortunate that I'm gonna have to start waiting for new episodes to come out... :crying:
    Gonna have to find something else to occupy my time other then my daily batch of DC episodes... :(

19. vernanonix

vernanonix Galvantula Rancher

From the looks of it, it seems most everything has been subbed. There ight be the occasional case here and there that you'll have trouble finding, but DCTP has them all, I believe. (Granted, you may have to request a reseed for the older ones.)

I'm currently around 350, so I'm over halfway caught up. I'll make it eventually. @[email protected]

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Aug 28, 2011
    One day I'll catch up I swear. I've seen about 100 episodes and currently have it stalled. I think the show is decent but nothing special which is probably why I'm not too jazzed about catching up right away.