Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by ZetsubouKaiji, Sep 9, 2018.

1. I have been watching anime for more than 20 years. This is the best episode I have seen ever. It was beyond I ever thought it could do.

2. Hemfrik

Hemfrik Active Member

Ep 19.

Well well... When this show decides to be good, it is most definitely good.

Not only was the animation spectacular, but Lightning Blonde is clearly in considerable pain, and I've even grown to enjoy Boar-Man's presence to some extent.

On a more serious note though, I couldn't help but notice that when MC powered up, it was exciting, yet when the blonde kid unlocks his powers, it is cringey and painful to watch.
    I do not understand how the creative forces behind this work end up including both.
    It doesn't even seem like filler; as far as I can tell, I'm supposed to be excited by both.

mdchan and Gozza like this.
  3. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

Ep. 19,
    I was a little slow in remembering what Hinokami meant, then I remembered the last part of Tanjiro's fight. I gotta say that fight was spectacular, the way Tanjiro and Nezuko teamed up on the Demon Moon guy. It was cool how Nezuko's fire blood power reminded me of Hitara's from Deadman Wonderland. This I think was a big turning point for Tanjiro's character, especially if he manages to master fire breathing with water breathing.

You know what they say guys, fire type beats bug type!

4. OmegaYami

OmegaYami Active Member

I'm going to wait for this to end so I can binge it

tootalls and howtoprocrastinate like this.
  5. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

The way they have it paced, I think this is the best way to watch this show.

mdchan, Gozza and howtoprocrastinate like this.
  6. OmegaYami

OmegaYami Active Member

I was lucky this time, my backlog was long enough to last an entire season :D

howtoprocrastinate and tootalls like this.
  7. mdchan

mdchan Active Member

Episode 19

I finally was able to sit down and watch this episode.

They did an amazing job with the animation, music...everything in this episode was so freaking PERFECT! I read the manga version of this arc, and they took how epic it was in the manga and managed to amp it up a hundred or so notches for this animation! There were actually tears in my eyes because of how PURE the relationship is between Tanjiro and Nezuko and that they were saving each other.

That is the bread and butter of this series; that is what I want to see more of!

Inosuke adds comedy and Zenitsu adds...uh, screaming...but the two feel more like comic relief than anything else. The Tanjiro and Nezuko team-up has been something I've loved about this anime. This episode brought it back to the feeling of episode 10 (and under), and reminded me of just how incredible the series is when it's just Tanjiro and Nezuko.

Looking forward to the conclusion of this arc and more sibling relationship between the two!

8. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

Yeah too much Zenitsu, not enough Nezuko. It's like the show doesn't know how much of a draw Nezuko is by hiding her sometimes several episodes at a time. And blondie is a much better character in his weakened state, he's just annoying and on the screen way to much otherwise..........

9. Dissey

Dissey Member

WHAT IS UP WITH THE ANIMATIONS, THEY ARE AMAZING!
    I had to caps that because of the hype :')
    20 episodes in and it's only getting better. I can't believe how addicted i'm getting to the series, so god damn good.

10. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

I was getting down on this show in from episode 11 to whenever they got to the forest, but goddamn has this arc been fantastic. Episodes 19-20 have been particularly excellent with the boners animation, but this whole arc with the fake family of demons has been hitting the right emotional notes and providing some of the best animated action of the year. This arc has been some of the most enjoyable anime this year. It's enough to remind me why I am a fan of the medium despite all the flaws in the industry.

11. Vuh

Vuh Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna lie, I thought Zenitsu and Inosuke would utterly sink the show for me. Because it's a cool concept with amazing animation, but those two oafs just don't fit anywhere tonally with the overall vibe of the show.

Then E19 happened and I basically lost my shit

12. mdchan

mdchan Active Member

Episode 20

I said it last time, but these past couple episodes pretty much saved the anime. I'm in agreement with others who are saying that it felt like Zenitsu and Inosuke nearly managed to ruin the anime; these past two episodes reminded me of why I liked the anime to begin with; I know it'll probably be fleeting when Zenitsu and Inosuke are brought back into the picture, but these two episodes were refreshing.

...even if this one was animated so brilliantly that it was borderline disturbing. Credit where credit is due, the animation team managed to take the disturbing scenes of the manga counterpart and make them even worse (in a good way).

Next episode should be just as good (I hope).

13. Ebonyslayer

Ebonyslayer Well-Known Member

Ep. 20,
    In a way its sort of depressing how Rui was trying to remember his original family by creating a makeshift one, sort of a reminder that the demons are tragic villains. My brother really liked the drum demon. Want to see the next episode already.

howtoprocrastinate likes this.