Delicious Party Pretty Cure

The fourth Cure has been officially announced!
Her name is Cure Finale!
FT43LbTVsAA7349

I had thought ... honestly thought ... that Delicious Party Precure finally dispensed with that narrator. That is, until the end. Here, I am confused. Did the narrator speak, or was that Takumi? Rosemary was certain that she had heard something, and voila! Takumi hunkered behind the rock.

Takumi knows that Yui is a Pretty Cure. Usually, the significant boy/childhood friend of the pink cure doesn't catch on this quick. Seiji didn't find out Megumi was Cure Lovely until the later episodes (around epi. 42 of HaChPC).

Well well we are moving right along, aren't we.

I do believe that was the first actual CQC with a general. And then the first redemption. And then the first step toward a new role for Takumi. All in one episode.

Also, lol, they did more with a drawing in this episode than StarTwi did in its whole run, and drawing was a primary conceit in that show.

Black Pepper, huh? And not Cinnamon as Rosemary would think. Once again, Toei flirts with the concept of a boy approaching cure status. Of course, fans will remind you of Cure Infini of Hugtto!. Sigh, a virtual beta male miles away from an alpha type which would truly be annoying in a magic girl culture. I didn't think much of C. Infini. I couldn't imagine him emitting a battle cry/lung-clearing scream of a legitimate Pretty Cure in the final battle against the ultimate nemesis.

But the Precure franchise has experimented with the boy butting into girly heroics. First good effort is Daisuke Chanin saving Cure Peach (Fresh Precure ... actually, the rescuing was mutual Peach saving Daisuke from a monster attack, Daisuke saving Peach from drowning). I do skip over Coco saving Cure Dream early in Yes! Precure Five, as Coco as fairyland hottie just doesn't quite fit the bill.

Remember Cure Gorilla from Smile Precure? Fujiwara's comic take on the Pretty Cure transformation sequence? Nice to know that Toei has a keen sense of humor over this Precuria standard study in file footage.

Cure Sebastian from Dokidoki Precure. Stalwart protector of Alice Yotuba (Cure Rosette). His techno-approach to simulating precure powers to aid his employer's daughter was a bust, but you can't deny his loyalty.

And now Takumi. I know a fourth cure will come from another direction, but now that we have established Black Pepper, and that Takami shows major concern for Yui, how close a connection of Black Pepper - Cure Precious might we expect. After all, Takumi rejected a love confession ... but for what reason?

Hmmmmmm.

Protip, Pepper: You're supposed to have a corny speech and/or a lethally-bad pun at the ready when you make your entrance, if you want to play at being Tuxedo Mask.

Ran-Ran 'weird?' I would think 'different' is a better word. At least, she's not malicious.

But the razzing from a classmate named Takagi ... are all Teasing-Masters called this? I'm glad he figured eccentric Ran is more 'cool' than anything else. And yes, sautéed onions are the moral equivalent of bacon.

But, on a different topic. The imaginative touch to the closing theme. Is the stage that Delicious Party Precure performing on ... is it in a huge salad bowl? Weird. Different. But not malicious.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH AMANE GOING TO BECOME CURE SOON LETS GOOOOOO

I'm betting it won't fully happen next week but the week after? Either way my im excited.

Looks like Finale won’t be until next week. But this was an awesome bit for Amane’s arc! I love her so much.

Amane does a great spin on the villainess turning into Pretty Cure (C. Passion, C. Beat, C. Scarlet, C. Cosmos). Those four predecessors had the time of adjustment from feeling guilt over all the bad things they had done before accepting the role of new Precure. But Amane ... one, she knows the identities of the girls who make up Delicious Party Precure. Two, she outright rejects the offer of the crystal heart. Much to consider, once you suspect that the B-Gang is ready for a boost to their powers.

Amane knows nothing about Black Pepper, though. I liked the scene where he disguises his voice when thanking Cure Precious. Why do boys always deepen their voice when they do this (I sing the bass line in choir, so I personally find this intriguing)?

While I am enjoying the slow development of the story's plot, I think we are in line for a lot of back-stories soon. For example, the CooKingdom breaks the mold of a realm under the control of the forces of evil (like Futari wa, Fresh, Smile, Dokidoki, ..). What is their relationship with the Recippipi's (and this episode's Pipi has 'tude!) with the CooKingdom? I worry about the month lost to the hackers and how it might affect the story by rushing though matters towards the end. But, right now, there is so much we don't really know (not a bad thing ... keep watching).

Question. It's usual that the series takes a week's hiatus when the summer quarter's new anime's start up. With the hacker-lost month, will this happen?

slowly moves up Cure Finale straight to the top of my favorite cures
I have waited my whole life 18 episodes for this and by god did it deliver. The moment I saw Gentle I knew aND WE'RE FINALLY HERE. Excited for every succeeding episode to include her in their shenanigans.

Black Pepper got an important lesson. With Delicious Party PC working at four-girl-power, there is no need for male support. But he does bring up the mystery of Cinnamon. Obviously, Cinnamon was Rosemary's friend who had been falsely accused of stealing the Recipe-Bon before, and Cinnamon's disappearance is unsettling to Rosemary. It is one more facet of a slowly developing storyline that is getting more and more intriguing with each episode. Even if we will be entering another set of 'get to know your characters as they reveal more background. This is typical as we approach mid-season.

With the hacker-month, we might have another 45-episode set.

I LOVE HER SHE’S LIKE A PRINCESS

Literally her design has a VERY Go Princess vibe. I mean, just look at that tiara in particular. That's Cure Twinkle right there. With the shape and design of her dress, her overall color scheme, I half expect when she gets her mid-season power-up she'll yell out "ELEGANTO MOUDO!" and her dress will become a full-length ballroom gown! Her henshin sequence actually kind of reminds me of Heartcatch, and of course, the multi-colored skirts are straight up Cure Parfait....which is funny because Ran-chan commented about that later. To which my next thought was, well let me tell you about Cure Custard...

Finale's design is kind of like if Cure Parfait joined GoPrin and wasn't utterly terribad.

Episode. 22: I don't know about Takumi muscling his way into the DP team. He senses that he is a bungler, but being a boy on a girls power squad makes me wonder if it is a case of couldn't vs. shouldn't. But the veiled reference in the closing theme (Fresh ... Just picked) reminds you of the Love/Daisuke is conundrum in Fresh Precure. But you have to like Takumi's character, and Amane suspects something about his concerns for Yui, I think.
But now that we have the four girl team, the four panel transformation sequence was brilliant! That and the dance sequence in the closer.

I'd just like to note for the record that as a villain in a Precure show, attacking a donut shop is a very, very bad idea. Donuts have a long history of importance to Precures. Consider yourself lucky, Narcisstoru, that dozens of Precures didn't show up to kick your sorry butt.

Episode 26: King Green Pepper, eh? Now we're just being silly! But, then again, with the theme of Delicious Party PC being the enjoyment of the eating experience, this episode gives us the bane of the picky eater ... those foods we don't love. For me, pickles are great, and beets are tasty. But ... pickled beets (or carrots, or wax beans ... I've seen terrible things in my lifetime) ... abomination!!!!

Being a parent and teacher, I've dealt with kids who have issues with foods you personally find delicious. That's why it was important that the sub-theme of the series, the growing up of Kome, handled the material smartly. Very mature of Kome to take on those green peppers (stuffed peppers is a great first experience with a veggie she found bitter).

Episode 26: Kome and Kokone certainly are picky eaters that dislike green peppers. It's an episode where a lot of picky eaters can relate to the characters' fear and avoidance of eating certain foods especially vegetables. Vegetables are healthy, nutritious, and packed full of vitamins. But even healthy foods can get avoided. The scene where Kokone visits a vegetable garden to learn more about how green peppers are grown, and raised is nice.

It's a good idea to cook certain dishes with foods that people avoid to encourage picky eaters to be less picky about their food choices.

My brother avoids green peppers, and pickles too. He would purposely exclude them from his sandwiches.
But I prefer green peppers over other vegetables because it's less bitter, healthy, and nutritious. The spicy peppers can be a handful with it's powerful and lashing taste.

Back