Death Note

*stumbles into thread*

Oh God... someone help me... I think I'm actually going to die unless I get episode 13 of Death Note. Why do they DO this to us? Sweet mercy!

Animanda. *sigh*

I love you, Death Note. I will be forever yours, just stop keeping me hanging like this...

BWuhahahaha, this series is sooo griping that afte each episode you are satisfied yet wanting more and more every time because it is just that good.

At first, I wanted the main character to die SOOO bad...but now I understand why he has to be alive...he's got a powerful (but fortunately less intelligent) enemy.
My question is...can he see other Death Gods, or just the one that he got the book from?

BWuhahahaha, this series is sooo griping that afte each episode you are satisfied yet wanting more and more every time because it is just that good.

I think I'll be checking myself into a retreat once the entire story's over. This is just too much for my body and soul to take.

*wipes her forehead*

Due to the fact that Viz will supposedly have it available for download (legally, for rent or to own) shortly. I wonder what mysterious group will pop up now that it seems most everyone has dropped it. On a side note I wonder what kind of precedent this might set on fansubs.

nooo, it's been dropped :(. if that's the case i would pick up the manga if i were all you addicts. although with manga there are longer breaks between releases though :(.

byteme:
no he can only see the shinigami of the death note he owns or has touched. having said that, if someone touches a page of a death note he/she will be able to see the death god that owns it. just like on the bus when Light had the hijacker touch the page so that he would flip out when he saw Ryuku.

Hmm, I wonder in what format/quality will be those releases of VIZ... I am especially curious what kind of subs will be used (i.e. whole typesetting)...

You're telling me ALL the groups have dropped Death Note???!!! You must be joking!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Animanda irc topic said:
Respect other groups' decisions! We are continuing DN...
c1anime's website said:
As I'm sure many of you are wondering, we will be continuing Death Note. We're going to continue to sub the series.

So... not every subgroup has dropped it

Last edited:
OH THANK FUCK FOR THAT!!!!!!!!

*recovers swiftly from heart attack*

Can you imagine this atrocity happening? *nervous giggle/whimper* Death Note no longer in my life... *pant pant pant*... The God of fansubbing is still smiling upon us.

A friend of mine had a theory: L should make his team change all their names by deed poll, and then Light (Kira) won't even know his father's real name.

However, my main problem was: I don't think that should change anything. I have a feeling it is the first name you're given by your parents that matters. Because I don't see how Law - a social construct and just a piece of paper in the end - can change the metaphysical relationship between you and your name. They are two different spheres. How can one change the other?

Any ideas?

Because I don't see how Law - a social construct and just a piece of paper in the end - can change the metaphysical relationship between you and your name.

And I don't see how writing a persons name in a notebook can kill him.
(Actually I can come up with a few ideas, but you get the point :p )

I've seen at least 3 "new" groups subbing episode 13. So it doesn't look like anything to worry about. I would like to hear more about what Viz is doing online. I just gave up on them years ago as they keep using the same stable of voice talent for every show they produce =P

Misa: I will try my best to make you love me!

Light: *puts on evil face and cackles*

How cool is that??!!

Back