Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by eaper, Jul 24, 2010.

1. eaper

eaper Active Member

Posted by eaper on Jul 24, 2010
    Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha GaidenDarker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini Specials[sadhl=1053]Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha Gaiden[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Ok, The last ep of this OVA just came out. I personally thought that this was extremely well made and helped connect some of the dots between the seasons. They did a great job making the series have a lot of characterization, emotion, and action with only 4 episodes. Other thoughts?

2. Sianeka

Sianeka Well-Known Member

Posted by Sianeka on May 8, 2014
    Watching this sequel to Darker Than Black first season, as I'm told the story bridges the gap between seasons one and two, relating Hei and Yin's actions during the in-between-time.

Episode 1
    Hei and Yin together. Hei and Yin get away from it all in a peaceful beachfront getaway, but even there it is not safe. Yin's doll abilities are evolving, and she is now much more than just a doll.
    Episode 2
    More attempts to get Yin. Now there are at least two different groups after her;and they all know about Hei being with her.
    Episode 3
    So Yin and Hei are taken to a contractor haven, where resides the remaining members of Amber's resistance group, but even this haven isn't a safe place for them. Many want to stop Yin from evolving, and many blame Hei for spoiling Amber's original plans. So even here, there are attempts on their lives. A contractor who knows something we don't about doll evolution has kidnapped Yin by the end of the episode.

Interesting theory introduced: contractors are failed attempts at creating dolls. Implying that dolls are the superior beings.
    Episode 4
    Yin evolved to a different type of being and said goodbye to Hei, but at the last minute stopped her evolution (and the formation of a new gate?) in order to be captured by the Syndicate who put her in cryogenesis where she awaits Hei's coming to signal the finalization of her awakening. I think.

Hei, believing she is lost to him, has lost himself in drink.
    I don't really understand, so I guess I move on to season 2 hoping for resolution...

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  3. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Well-Known Member

Gemini was 2009, this is 2010 but is a prequel to Gemini and sequel to the TV series. So, I am watching in the correct order because I have already seen the rest which are older. @[email protected]

And because I've seen Gemini, I get the gist of where this will go... expectations...

Yin is still a cutie.

OOO Yin using her ghost thing to choke the other girl that looks like and may or may not be the girl from the tv series.

pop!
    me: "oh yeah!"
    Yin is getting... aggressive?... mmmm

Yin doesn't even flinch.

:-O
    Yin is a girl, of course she likes babies.
    Ahh...
    I knew it wasn't going to be a happy ending. (seen Gemini) Kind of a "meh" way to end it though.

I think I liked it more than the rest... probably because it was focused on best-girl, Yin.
    3.0/5

howtoprocrastinate likes this.