Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor

She's 15/16. =/ It's pretty much clear as day too, with her apperence and all.

Uh, unless each episode is progressing 2-3 years, she is like 11-12. She had her first period two episodes ago. I'm not an expert in puberty/woman's menstrual cycles, but I know girls begin puberty around 11 years of age.

actually... i had my GF check out Suou's Japanese language character page... and apparently Suou is 13yo.

Which is really big time yuck factor (thinking about the 18yo all over her like that)...

I'm really hoping this show starts to pick up the pace because watching this is killing me compared to the first season.

Only on Ep 4 of the 1st season (rewatch) and there is so much I've forgotten / didn't quite get on the 1st run through. Think I'm going to enjoy rewatching the 1st season while waiting for new eps of the 2nd :)

So far this season is shifting between "good, but not awesome" ( ep 1-2 and 5-6) and "weak and annoying" (ep 3-4). I sure hope it doesn't mean ep 7 and 8 will also fall the the latter cathegory. Anyway - I have a similar feeling as when I was watching Code Geass R2 - in comparison to season 1, this show feels terribly weak.

God! That girl, Suou, is driving me crazy!

Why is she so stupid? She can't think clearly or what? She always put herself in risk... What a contractor!

I was reading what all you people think about Hei and I'm agree, he was so much amazing in the 1st season, especially his coldblooded killer side, but I guess that the creators try to show us a different man 'cause he lose something very important and can't handle his emotions.

The thing with this season is the load of fanservice... I really hate that...

That high school uniform was useless, it's purpose was show Suou's legs...

Seems i'm in the minority here or i might be the only person who actually likes this season more than the first.

really enjoying Hei and Suou, i couldn't stand some parts of season 1 but this season is more bearable for me, maybe because of it's direction this time.

Seems i'm in the minority here or i might be the only person who actually likes this season more than the first.

really enjoying Hei and Suou, i couldn't stand some parts of season 1 but this season is more bearable for me, maybe because of it's direction this time.

XD Nop. I prefer this season, the first was kinda slow for me and of course I'm enjoying Hei (he's one of the hotest anime guys) and Suou (in some weird way that I don't understand). So, I'm agree with you n_n :drinking:

No I like this season more. The Darker Than Black universe works better as an ongoing plot, rather than episodic.

God! That girl, Suou, is driving me crazy!

Why is she so stupid? She can't think clearly or what? She always put herself in risk... What a contractor!
I don't quite see why you're complaining about this given there was a certain someone who acted the same in S1 . . .

Well, I'm all caught up with this show now.

I marathoned the first seven eps. I've actually really enjoyed this season. I waited 7 eps for Hei's cold heart to melt, and it really hasn't happened yet. It's a different main character from the last season, and I guess that's the point. Hopefully he'll lay off the sauce and get some of his Li-kun charm back.

Anyway, the whole series as a whole feels even darker than the last one with nothing but moody, dreary characters taking up the screen.

I couldn't help but laugh though, everytime Hei struck a child so nonchalantly. Technically a woman. I wonder what the point in establishing that was? "No dudes, you don't understand, it's cool now. She's on the rag." What does that accomplish?

Still enjoying this series very much though.

I don't quite see why you're complaining about this given there was a certain someone who acted the same in S1 . . .

Well, i'm not comparing her with someone else, I just can't believe that her stupidity level is so high...

And I support Xennon, I guess that Darker just doesn't work in an episodic format.

And about the 1st Season, I miss Yin and that warm smile of Hei. That's all. But Ryuusei no Gemini is giving me all the fun I want. No complaining.

I too am enjoying this season more than the first. Even the change in Hei's character works since it adds to the darkness of the entire thing and an ongoing plot helps a lot in fleshing out character interactions. I am even growing fond of July.

My pet peeve is
Suou's magical girl like transformation sequence. It is uncalled for and does time stop still while she nakedly floats for ages until the way too big gun materializes? It is something you'd expect in Sailor Moon and not in a series like this one.

I liked episode 7 a lot, Best episode this season I'd say.
The new character who I believe didn't give a name was really interesting. I liked his ability quite a bit including the fight that occurred in the end between him and Hei.

Each shard of glass that hit he Doll dealer made me flinch a bit. That was pretty awesome.
Also I heard of there being an OVA coming up that explains what happened between season 1 and 2, including what happened to Yin. Sounds amazing.

Also I heard of there being an OVA coming up that explains what happened between season 1 and 2, including what happened to Yin. Sounds amazing.

Indeed, the ova episodes will be released on the even numbered blue ray/dvd volumes of Gemini. Can't wait for them :drink:

Back