Danganronpa 3 -The End of Hope's Peak Academy- Future Arc

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by chii, Jun 29, 2016.

1. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Jun 29, 2016
    Danganronpa 3 -The End of Hope's Peak Academy- Future Arc
    Alt title: Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen: Mirai Hen

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

~~~~

One thing people need to do before watching Danganronpa 3 is knowing what happened in Super Danganronpa 2 and Danganronpa: Another Episode - Ultra Despair Girls. However, these were never adapted into anime so here are a couple of Let's Play series on Youtube that lack commentary on them for people who would like to catch up.

SDR2 Playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn3Wm-3X3v7Cr-KSO0D4-svJ9gvWftlyX

Ultra Despair Girls Playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn3Wm-3X3v7C9vE_wcW71DSEfXqifi5R8

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Episode 1:

What the fuck was that? Why's the blood red now? Momokuri's new voice actor sucks balls. What's going on? Who are most of these people? Just what the fuck is this?

I know we've skipped a game and all so I guess this anime just isn't for us that haven't played the games. There a half assed exposition dump at the start that really explains nothing and goes by so quickly that there's no time to digest it and then it's right into the meat of the episode where characters I mostly haven't seen before talk about events that I haven't witnessed.

At least at the end they get caught up in a death game so there will be something familiar next episode. This episode was fucking horrible from the perspective of someone that hasn't played the games. It was incomprehensible and impossible to follow. Why even release this on TV if it's for game players only? The only thing this episode is going to do is alienate the large part of the audience that hasn't played the game.

3. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Yeah this is definitely for those who played all three Danganronpa games. The opening scenes shows major spoilers for Danganronpa 2 and a pretty cool nod to Ultra Despair Girls.

Anyhoo...

Episode 1:
    The first few scenes were pretty cool. Seeing the Danganronpa 2 crew in their full despair mode was pretty hype. Monokuma's new VA is gonna take some getting used to. The upupupupu is just not the same. I guess it can't be helped. New characters are interesting enough I guess. Bandai is just killing me. I really love the OP and ED.

Episode overall is not bad. It's promising enough. The requirement to play the games to fully appreciate this will turn off many people I'm afraid.

4. AngelBeatsYui

AngelBeatsYui Database Moderator

This is pretty much what I'm expecting this series to be like, I mean there are some pretty important things in the games that probably won't be noticed or you will have to wait until the despair arc airs on Thursday to get more information....

5. KonaIzumi

KonaIzumi Member

Changing Monokuma's voice is absolutely the worst ;___;

6. AngelBeatsYui

AngelBeatsYui Database Moderator

But isn't it for the best, isn't the original voice actor having health problems or something? I don't think many could match the original

7. CaptainPancakes

CaptainPancakes Well-Known Member

Ep. 1

I liked it. If you're anime-only and never played the games, I would stop now because literally nothing will make sense. There actually wasn't much exposition because a lot of it is a reinforcement of the events of the second game, and I assume that it will continue like this. This anime is purely made for fans of the games, no exception. If you liked the original anime and want to watch this or just wanna watch this anyways, you'll likely return each week more confused than the last, so keep that in mind.

Monokuma's new VA will take some getting used to though. Unfortunately Monokuma's original VA will not be taking over in the actual third game, poor Nobuyo Oyama has dementia or something and isn't in an condition to voice act. Seeing DR2's cast all despair-ed up like that was pretty neat as well.

I'll be disappointed if Yukizome turns out to be Junko 3.0, because she died first and that's exactly what happened the third game. That's...very obvious though, but I won't put it past Seiji Kishi to do something lazy like that. Hagakure wasn't in the room at the time either, was he? Did...Monokuma miss him or something?

Also where is Togami?

Where the fuck is my pepto bismol blood though?

8. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Jul 11, 2016
    I've never touch Danganronpa 2 yet. Seeing as I don't have a Vita or steam, I might just resort to finding a playthrough to watch that doesn't involve some annoying nerd's running commentary. I'll just leave this and the other series alone till then.

9. vernanonix

vernanonix Galvantula Rancher

Steam is pretty easy to get though. But I do know for a fact that there's a playthrough of it someone online without commentary.

Also, on Monokuma's new VA:
    I'm betting it's someone that's not Junko. That's plausible at least. There should be zero reason for Junko to be alive now. Then again, in Ultra Despair Girls
    It shows that she actually possessed Shirokuma and Kurokuma so I suppose it's still possible

Anyway, I'm hyped for this. I'm always hyped for killing game anime and Danganronpa.

10. Scruffy8642

Scruffy8642 Active Member

Shit, forgot I still have to play the second game. Better get to that or just watch a summary online.

Also not happy at the red blood and change in VAs. The pink blood was pretty iconic, why would they get rid of it?

11. ZetsubouKaiji

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiine I'll do some homework before the second episode.

12. Naga

Naga Well-Known Member

Posted by Naga on Jul 12, 2016
    I watched the first season and I thought it was bad.

But I've seen the game on steam recently and I remember hearing that game is not bad? Any truth to this? Probably yes because the series got so much attention despite being how it was... imo

13. AdmiralMuffin

General consensus is that the anime is extremely rushed and barebones, omitting a lot of stuff including character development. It's like a summary of the game instead of an adaptation.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  14. ZetsubouKaiji

Yeah, as an anime only watcher the first season sucked pretty hard. I really should just skip this season altogether, but I always end up convincing myself that I should finish franchises I start. It's a horrible habit.

15. CaptainPancakes

The game is great. The anime is trash.

AngelBeatsYui likes this.
  16. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed the Naeigi or whatever his name aint dead, and his cohort from the 1st season isn't around..........well I determined that through rapidly skipping through the episode. thanks for the warnings, I didn't even like the 1st season, and with the direction of not immediately following that, I have no obligation to suffer through aother season of this trash.

17. AdmiralMuffin

Episode 2:
    Aw hell no. They offed Asahina. I've always liked her. Now I'm really in despair. Well at least she's with her brother and Sakura now. It's nice to see Monomi again and...Gekkogahara... She doesn't have a listed VA atm but I bet its KanaHana. I could be wrong but her being one of the programmers who made the New World Project is pretty much a dead giveaway

[​IMG]

Also, I just realized Juzo is the other guy in the pic seen in Despair chapter.

18. CaptainPancakes

Episode 2

WHAT? WHAAAAT? ASAHINA?

Ugh. What the fuck. When Naegi was comforting Asahina, I knew it would happen. The flags were right there. I can't believe it, why? Why couldn't it have been Hagakure? I bet he's going to live ;-; I liked Bandai too...this is just like the games. Everyone I like is dying.

I think the traitor right now is Gekkogahara. Just a wild guess, since there aren't much leads right now. But I think with Monomi at helm, it's sort of the obvious choice that she'd be the one to be the killer. But again, a guess without much context at all. If she's not the traitor, I bet she could be Chiaki though. Programmer, uses Monomi, can't talk (something probably happened to her in DR2, right?) Her VA might be Kana Hana, but not cause she's a programmer. Because she's Chiaki!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  19. vernanonix

vernanonix Galvantula Rancher

I've seen it suggested that wheelchair girl is Monaca (Ultra Despair Girls) and that could make sense too. But I kind of doubt that whoever was in the room with Makoto is the traitor. It would limit the suspects down way too quickly. So I'm kind of eliminating Gozu and Gekko as traitors.

Also, how much you wanna bet that the blood on Naegi's hand makes the others all the much more suspicious of him? Because a murderer totally wouldn't get the blood of his hand after killing someone.

20. CaptainPancakes

^
    I think it's clear Asahina was targeted to put more suspicion onto Makoto. Poor Asahina. :(