Daily Manga Thoughts 2: The Return

Alright, I'm curious which manga is it? Shokugeki again?
n o

it’s a stupid shoujo romance I decided to read like three fuckin’ years ago.

ookami shoujo to kuro ouji

I remember vividly watching the anime adaptation and thinking, “wait what the fuck,” and deciding to read the manga to see how the fuckery wraps up because I was just not at all digging the characters or the conflict or everything, and to be honest I hated it, so I read part of the manga out of spite and then forgot about it.

and now; present day me has decided to resurrect the spite and finish this manga and be done once and for all so I can post my final thoughts on the thread and never think about it again

n o

it’s a stupid shoujo romance I decided to read like three fuckin’ years ago.

ookami shoujo to kuro ouji

I remember vividly watching the anime adaptation and thinking, “wait what the fuck,” and deciding to read the manga to see how the fuckery wraps up because I was just not at all digging the characters or the conflict or everything, and to be honest I hated it, so I read part of the manga out of spite and then forgot about it.

and now; present day me has decided to resurrect the spite and finish this manga and be done once and for all so I can post my final thoughts on the thread and never think about it again

Oh boy........I do know of that title actually:

tumblr_ovpfy4XpBO1r45kugo1_540.gif

Bad shoujo romance can go drown in the pits of hell.

So THIS is what a Nagatoro sounds like...
Worth remembering that the VAs chosen for manga PVs and similar are not always chosen again for the anime since that is then usually up to the voice director of the anime. The range of available actors is likely much smaller as well due to price and such. Someone who does do the PV voice is likely to have a leg up on the competition for an actual anime, though.
For example, the official vomic of My Hero Academia did have Daiki Yamashita voice Midoriya.
But you'll notice how literally every single one of the other characters were then cast differently for the anime (for the way better, I'd say, especially Bakugou).
---------------------------------------------------------

DMT: Tokedase! Mizore-chan is amazingly wholesome!
Weirdly, I think Barakamon is one of the closest mood matches I can think of, even though the series are very different.
It's just full of wholesome interpersonal relationships and that relaxing "idealized Japanese rural town" vibe. It helps to be legitimately hilarious, too.

DMT: Kengan Omega is shaping up to be better than Kengan Ashura at this rate. A fighting manga where characters can "grow stronger" by learning how to counter rather than just punch harder? Fuck yes! Why does that have to be so rare?

DMT: Me; occasionally checking to see if Berserk will ever release, sometimes randomly click on things I know of; AoT, SDS, FT100, etc. Despite not being fully caught up, just to see. Sometimes click on things with weird titles; click on "Chainsawman" last week; chapter titled "Squeeze."

Chapter is about squeezing boobies, literally shows panels of main character squeezing boobies. Me; "What the fuck did I click on?"

This week; click on Namaikizakari.

First few pages of characters having sex. Me; "How do I keep clicking on these things?"

DMT: I actually don't think Miura's art is all that great. His characters sometimes have dopey expressions, and while he can make some cool panels, a lot aren't very nifty. His inking isn't especially special, either.

DMT: I actually don't think Miura's art is all that great. His characters sometimes have dopey expressions, and while he can make some cool panels, a lot aren't very nifty. His inking isn't especially special, either.
This is bait. You can't trick me.

Back