Daily Manga Thoughts 2: The Return

Discussion in 'General Manga Discussion' started by randomredneck, Nov 24, 2015.

1. MistLiigh

MistLiigh Well-Known Member

DMT: checking out a couple of big chain bookstores today, I found out that they've released an English version of Ibitsu, and an omnibus of the first 3 Boogiepop novels. And both very reasonably priced :o May need to add them to my collection sometime.

2. thor123

thor123 Well-Known Member

DMT: I never realized how happy I would be, reading an isekai manga about food where they don't go the "superior Japanese cuisine" route. It's actually kind of annoying how little awareness Japan has for the fact that lots of people think their traditional food is weird.

Thrawn, HasseRovdjur and BrainBlow like this.
  3. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

Which one?

4. thor123

Gensou Gourmet. Only 2 chapters out so far though

Dungeon Meshi would also fit the description, actually

BrainBlow likes this.
  5. thor123

6. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

The one with the seafood in the second chapter, right? And BIG ASS dragon steak thing? It's some fine ass shiznit.

But I'd expect nothing less from a man of culture such as yourself.

thor123 likes this.
  7. thor123

MistLiigh likes this.
  8. Helbaworshipper

Helbaworshipper Database Moderator

I want to get the Boogiepop one myself, but I have a copy of the first three or four for now until I can get the nice omnibus...

MistLiigh likes this.
  9. Arkthur

Arkthur Well-Known Member

When you read a lot of manga based on the same premises, you get annoyed by having the same things explained to you on the first chapters.

"Oh, is that parachute carrying food and water?". Yes you moron is called a supply drop!
    "Will other people go to it?". Yes, that's the whole point, for the starving guys to kill each other for it!

MistLiigh likes this.
  10. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Putin Isekai, the golden age of manga comrade.

[​IMG]

g3data, thor123 and Starletka like this.