Daily Anime Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by Jamie, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

I'm not saying there has to be an episode dedicated to forklift operation, but I am saying 0 out 10 if it doesn't.

Starletka, Rascal and Vega like this.
  2. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

I can always tell rotoscoping is being used whenever I see the shadows on a character's clothing moving a little too realistically, and I saw that a couple times in that show. It's subtle in that because it's used so well.

Akishima likes this.
  3. Vega

Vega Well-Known Member

I'm sure he's going to ask about sailors at least once! One of the trailers showed the scene that the "looking for sailors" section leads to.

I think some of the slice of life stuff will be there but like you said, it's probably going to focus on the main story along with some new stuff. I'm actually really looking forward to any of the new details I can pick up on! I'm trying not to get my expectations up too high either since this is a video game adaptation that's trying to adapt two games after all, but I'm just happy to have more Shenmue content after Shenmue 3 since I doubt we'll be getting further games unless a miracle happens. In the grand scheme of things I hope this manages to be something that anyone can like rather than the love it or hate it nature of the games (on top of Shenmue 3 managing to be a divisive game among fans of an already divisive series).

You'll be happy to know that the trailer has a forklift!

ZetsubouKaiji and Rascal like this.
  4. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

I thought forklifts were usually transported on a flatbed rather than a trailer

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  5. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Well-Known Member

Each episode is isolated and unrelated to the others.

6. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

DAT:

The Fate franchise's interpretation of Jack the Ripper has still got to be the worst thing I've ever seen in my life making them a sexualized loli. I want to actively claw off my own face, every time I see it. Wear some goddamn pants.

7. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

8. Vega

Vega Well-Known Member

9. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

[​IMG]

I THINK I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE FROM ALL THE HYPE, THIS HAS MADE MY ENTIRE YEAR. I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN.
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY DREAM IS FINALLY COMING TRUE! MIZUKAMI SUPREMACY!

*passes out from all the screaming*

@Taek GET YOUR ASS IN HERE RIGHT NOW BUDDY AND CELEBRATE WITH THE REST OF US.

10. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Let's go!

But what studio? I'm waiting for that before I get actually excited. With a summer 2022 release date I sure hope it isn't rushed out with little to no animation.

Anime industry you son of a bitch, I thought I was gonna have to read a manga for a minute there. I think I read like two chapters of that before I decided it would be 100 times better animated.

@UniversalParanoia1 is going to bust a gut.

11. Vega

Vega Well-Known Member

Man what a time to be alive. First I get to look forward to the Shenmue anime in early Feburary and now this??? Holy fucking shit this has made my night.

I should try to get around to reading other Mizukami series too when I get the chance.

12. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

what tHE FUCK

GET HYPE

13. Vega

Vega Well-Known Member

You better make sure @Nitroglycerin watches this!

Also getting a few people I know to check it out when it releases! WE NEED MOAR PEOPLE HYPED

14. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

I'm honestly finding it an absolutely WILD coincidence, Universal mentioned biscuit hammer not too long ago like literally last week to someone, and BOOM anime adaptation. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

15. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

She should talk about Magi so I can get a season 3.

16. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

Heard about this for years and though I still only have a very vague idea what it's about, I'm glad to see when completed older manga get adaptations - I know it's not the most 'profitable' thing, but sure is the most narratively satisfying.

i'll give it a watch, even though I still have no idea what it's about except for a biscuit hammer

17. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

I think you'd honestly enjoy Mizukami's writing a lot, he's so good with twisting and subverting expectations and tropes to me with his impeccably tight plotting of weaving everything together. There's a certain level of self-awareness. Biscuit hammer revolves around anti-hero protagonists, which I always find the more villainous angle interesting and it's a very character driven narrative under a quirky and surreal veneer. I personally think you'd especially love Yuuhi, who's a depressed edgy guy dealing with some internal trauma and is pretty atypical as an mc from what you'd expect in a battle shounen kind of story.

Starletka, Claptrap, g3data and 3 others like this.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  18. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
    I BEEN SITTING HERE FOR 5 MINS WITH MY MOUTH WIDE OPEN WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. THIS ISNT HAPPENING, THIS ISNT REAL, WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL. IM GONNA BRO IM REALLY GONNA DO IT. IM GONNA HOLD MY ONE COPY I HAVE OF THIS MANGA SINCE ITS SO EXPENSIVE AND CRY! I NEVER THOUGHT IN A MILLION YEARS THIS WOULD EVER HAPPEN

:crying::crying::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Excuse me while I pass out. This is officially the best year of my life.
    IT REALLY FUCKING CAME THROUGH FOR ME MAN, IT REALLY FUCKING DID. Now excuse me while I go cry some more, this is literally the best day ever

MY GUTS ARE GONE, ONLY BISCUIT HAMMER

YOU BETTER FUCKING BELIEVE IT DUDE!

Starletka, LamiaNymph, Gens and 7 others like this.
  19. Balthasaurus

Balthasaurus Well-Known Member

Hello, hello, I am that someone!

I'm genuinely astonished. This is crazy. I just thought, you know, I'll check the forum threads before I start working today, and I suddenly get hit by y'all getting super hyped up! And, like, jeez I wish I could be as excited about this as the rest of you guys, but I only got properly introduced to this series last week!

I'm going to keep reading the manga, because I am quite enjoying it! Hopefully I'll finish it before the anime starts airing.

@UniversalParanoia1 THANK YOU!!

Gens, Rascal, Vega and 4 others like this.
  20. Vega

Vega Well-Known Member

Now all we need is confirmation of a Pillows soundtrack or at least maybe a song of theirs as the OP but I'll be fine even if it doesn't have that. I'm just happy this even exists!

I read the manga myself about... 4 years ago? Some time in 2018. This would actually make it the second anime I've watched where I've read the source material prior to airing (the other being Tower of God).

Summer 2022 needs to get here faster....