Daily Anime Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by Jamie, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Even I have to admit, the movie has the most stunning visuals I've seen in my life:

This is mind blowing as fuck, loved it. It cranks everything up to 11.

Nicknames, Taek and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  2. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

Not yet, it's super easy for me to forget about movies. I'll have to check it out, I enjoyed Revue

Taek and Gens like this.
  3. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

DAT

overworked starving cloverworks employees masterfully and carefully animating detailed sakuga scenes of a middle schooler's feet while the production team screams at each other in the background
    [​IMG]

The only thing that came to mind watching that sailor uniform thing.

4. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

DAT:
    Nagatoro-San English dub voice cast announced.
    All the pissbabies are in an uproar because... Nagatoro's VA is a black lady.
    See, black people can't so that. Only white people can voice asian characters.
    "Voice actors should be chosen based on talent, not on skin color" they cry without a fucking hint of irony. Oh, did the dubbers say she was picked for her skin color, though? Nope. I have to say I'm noticing a pattern on how the "talent not race" quote gets used, and sooomehow non-white actors are never by default treated as, you know, talented enough.

5. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

This is a very weird thing to be in an uproar over considering, you know, black VA's have been voicing non-black anime characters in dubs since... a long time ago. Like this talented motherfucker for example. A bit late to just be upset at this now.

Nagatoro's english VA sounds great to me, fits the role perfectly. Even if i'm not such a fan of the character or show.

6. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

All this talk about what's hot this season... Meanwhile, there's me who only decided to watch all the sports anime like

[​IMG]

Ah, Tribe Nine. Like Hypnosis Mic if it were slightly more unhinged. I haven't got much faith they'll ramp it up in the next episodes, but I'd love to see more gags about the quadruplets they just shoved in there to fill up the baseball team quota.

[​IMG]

7. Hayane

Hayane Well-Known Member

DAT: Meamwhile I am still watching last season stuff and seeing the disaster that is takt op destiny.

8. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

I don't think I'm going to bother with Futsal Boys at all, but I do find it amusing how many exclamation marks it has in it's title. Almost reeks of desperation to me lol...........

Also the salary man badminton anime better be good, or I'm going to rage so unbelievably hard.

---------
    DAT:

It's pretty jarring when you're looking at a key visual and you're like, well these character designs look mostly grounded...........and then there's that one character design that is so wildly out of place it sticks out like a sore thumb looking like it belongs in another anime.

9. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

I am just going to assume that the storyteller guy from Yami Shibai taking his mask off and walking off stage in the ED means this is going to be the last season. It's time for this show and I to break up anyway. The show is like a bad relationship I stay in because I've been doing it for so long. In some ways the show has grown on me a bit, but not enough to keep going. I've been watching this crap since before I was married. That's right my relationship with Yami Shibai is older than my relationship with Tents.

10. Akishima

Akishima Well-Known Member

Someone pointed out a while back that bl themes are usually super catchy, and man, they're not wrong. I like both of Tricornered Window's themes last season (I liked the ed so much that I bought a first press of the single) and Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi's first ed still wanders into my head periodically out of freaking nowhere.

Ooh, I like the visual. Art reminds of that Pale Cocoon ova or something. Also, stargazing is awesome, so points there too.

Speaking of catchy anime songs...

DAT: I've been listening to my anime music playlist this evening, and am currently lamenting the fact that there's more good music than I can ever afford to buy. There's so many ops and eds that I want to get the singles for, it's kind of depressing, not to mention osts.

11. ZetsubouKaiji

Netflix's follow up to Rilakkuma to Kaoru looks super intense.

12. Akishima

Akishima Well-Known Member

Further anime music thoughts-

@Rascal posted about Aimer a while back, and I still think that the Terror in Resonance ed is one of the most spectacular things- both aurally and visually. Show was a bit disappointing (though enjoyable), but the music is superb.

Also, Now and Then, Here and There's op is oddly upbeat in contrast to the tone of the show... I actually didn't particularly care for the show itself- a bit too depressing, but I have to agree with the commenter who said that they sure don't make isekai like this anymore (but they should).

And mustn't forget the epicness that is the Dallos op. It's the sort of song that makes me nostalgic for a time I never experienced.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  13. ZetsubouKaiji

Pretty sure most 80s and 90s OVAs took most of their animation budget for their soundtacks and openings. There are a ton of forgotten OVAs out there that have rad soundtracks.

Bubble Gum Crisis is mostly nonsense, but hell if I care when Konya Wa Hurricane starts playing.

No one is ever going to talk about The Humanoid, but goddamn is the soundtrack fire.

California Gun Salvo sounds like a title I just made up, but if this funky shit don't make you want to shake your ass a little then you're probably dead inside.

Franconator, Gens, Claptrap and 6 others like this.
  14. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

Like how Doctor Stone female and male characters have completely different art style fundamentals?

15. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

On the bright side, this makes it extremely easy to know who you should block on Twitter =P

16. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

People are weird. I never really cared what the voice actors and actresses looked like in dubs, I probably never even look so far as to know what they look like lol as long as they do a good job at the character who cares? It’s one thing to be saying that an actress or actor doesn’t fit the role, and it’s another when you assume the said actor/actress will be bad based on just skin color. Black people can do a range of voices just like white people can obviously. People just kinda dumb, I swear people still think that all black people sound the same when they don’t.

17. ZetsubouKaiji

No OP this season is going to beat this anyway.

18. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

For example, this set of characters from the same show
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yyyyup, nothing weird about this.

Do they? I think they just have bigger eyes

19. Balthasaurus

Balthasaurus Well-Known Member

DAT: I'm once again feeling like I should be a little more of an active presence in these forums. I've been a member of this community for more than two years now, but I've kind of kept to myself? Most of the time, anyway. Been posting messages here and there, but I don't think I've left much of an impressive on people. So I'm going to try to make an effort to, you know, get a little more involved with the community. Y'all seem like interesting people!

20. ChilledOtaku

ChilledOtaku New Member

Is it just me or is RE Zero Season 2 Part 2 a tad weaker than the others?

BurntJelly and Rascal like this.