Daily Anime Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by Jamie, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Taek

Taek Well-Known Member

Sungays

Nicknames, Cherstal, Gens and 5 others like this.
  2. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

Just sounds like gay people are born from the sun :laugh:

3. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

DAT

I love it when a shounen just throws away any real grounded stakes, and shamelessly gives the characters fuckin emotional powerups out of their ass to start doing impossible things just for a makeshift hype moment. Those are the moments I feel truly justified in my distaste for mainstream modern shounen.

Just so, so dumb.

4. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

I'm good with this:
    [​IMG]

----------
    DAT:

Sasaki and Miyano is the comfiest BL anime I've ever seen. MAXIMUM COOOOOOOOOOOOOMFFFF.

I loved it a lot.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  5. BurntJelly

BurntJelly Well-Known Member

My goal for 2022 is to get through the 2021 seasons before the end of the year.

6. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

Well, it only took over a week for 2022 to finally spit out something that makes me happy. Let's see if Japan can deliver a version of Game of Thrones that doesn't disappoint with every passing moment.

In all seriousness though, I would like to see an anime that does some justice to Shakespeare. Only one episode in but Requiem does seem to get it so far with the portent heavy dialogue that raises all the red flags pointing toward tragedy.

I guess since I am watching a bit of anime again, I'll try that Soggy Biscuit thing that @Rascal seems excited for when it comes out.

7. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

Who wouldn't be excited for it, unless they hated crabs

8. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

DAT: People, myself including, have often said that MAPPA today is literally just OG Madhouse with a label switch.
    That's unfair.
    MAPPA isn't even nearly as in love with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas as Madhouse was.

Nicknames, Hayane, Taek and 5 others like this.
  9. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

MAPPA is more in love with torturing their slave labor workforce, and putting the Fear and Loathing into them instead.

Nicknames likes this.
  10. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Well-Known Member

I am from Maryland so crabs are part of my identity. Looking at the giant crab on the poster I just see the potential for the world's largest crab cake.

Taek, UniversalParanoia1 and Rascal like this.
  11. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Yeah anime I've seen that revolve around Shakespeare's work have been mostly underwhelming I've found so far, like Zetsuen no Tempest and the Gonzo anime Romeo x Juliet. I think Rose is easily the best out of the lot that I've sampled.

Taek, Claptrap and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  12. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

DAT:

I feel like it's almost a requirement these days to have one Ex-Arm style CGI disaster per season now. Holy fudge, did Rusted Armors give me cancer with it's visuals. I don't know if it's really funny anymore, more depressing than anything else.

13. UniversalParanoia1

Crabs are my spirit animal ngl

14. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Crab dance memes will never go out of style:
    [​IMG]

15. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

DAT:

Makes me pretty damn happy and puts the biggest smile on my face that ProZD is doing Kage in Ousama Ranking for the dub. Think this is his first true main character anime role too.

16. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

What even, I didn't know he was an actor. That's awesome.

17. AmenoHabakiri

AmenoHabakiri Active Member

Which is why you wait for the uncensored BDs :drinking:

18. Akishima

Akishima Well-Known Member

DAT: I was thinking of waiting another couple weeks before starting this season, but all this talk and I just couldn't wait anymore. Already knocked out a few ovas towards my goal of watching more this year, and man, the new season shows are going to be fun. I'd forgotten they're doing yet another season of Saiyuki, and man, the art style is so refreshing after all the super generic art lately. Reload Blast wasn't nearly as fun as I was hoping, but Zeroin seems to be a retelling of some of the arcs Gunlock covered, which I enjoyed pretty well. I've already checked out a couple of shows I wasn't planning to, as well. Life is good.

19. Starra

Starra Well-Known Member

DAT: I barely watch anime anymore because my brain hates me but god it feels so good to be back on my SnK bullshit. I've missed this.

I get to be my fully obnoxious self for the first time in months. It's wonderful.

...I would watch more anime and be like this more often but alas, depression.

20. UniversalParanoia1

Good for him! He deserves it