Daily Anime Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by Jamie, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

DAT: king tier list is giving me that feeling of "do I really need to wait a full week to find out the follow up to this episode" that I haven't had in a long time, it real is a gem.

2. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

It kind of feels like it's doing the same thing we all had an idea for at one point or another, but could never really create ourselves, that ever-appealing sounding
    Story that flips around every archetype in fiction, putting them in unexpected roles so that you can never expect what happens next.

Starletka, ShoumaTaka, Gens and 2 others like this.
  3. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

awww I just looked her up on YouTube and they didn't do what I hoped. I was just kinda hoping they would make her a funny talking computer something or just a silly girl who is more realistic and not over the top, oh well. The actress did what she could but it just feels pretty hollow.

Rascal likes this.
  4. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

5. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

6. TickTockTenma

TickTockTenma New Member

I watched Spirited Away for the first time yesterday. It's a beautiful film but I found the story lacking. The film is carried by its visuals.

Starletka and Rascal like this.
  7. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

hm... watched the final nge film awhile ago. it was okay?

honestly the only scene i can say i really enjoyed was the gendo-shinji confrontation

most of the film followup has felt hollow to me in general though. soulless compared to the original series. that's not really a 'concrete' criticism, and it's not like i hate the film series... but it's nowhere near the emotional resonance of the original tv series + eoe for me.

g3data and Hayane like this.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  8. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

DAT:

I'm fairly ambivalent I think about the netflix cowboy bebop live action, it's really not that bad. That said, ZK is right, I cannot fucking stand more than 5 seconds of Vicious. Goodness graciousness, he has negative charisma and Vicious wasn't even my favourite character ever really in the original show, but at least he had the badass Norio Wakamoto voice acting him. This dweeb ass loser playing him here is pathetic. Also I really don't give a crap about what they did with Julia, I think this Vicious Julia subplot sucks and it was better when she was enigmatic.

9. psousa

psousa New Member

3 days of happiness anime series coming!

10. ShoumaTaka

ShoumaTaka Well-Known Member

Gens, Rascal and UniversalParanoia1 like this.
  11. Sajonji

Sajonji Active Member

The background animation looks great, the characters not so much ? They seem to exist in different planes of reality

12. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

DAT

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a38266723/cowboy-bebop-gren-mason-alexander-park/

They were just so careful to hide all this stuff before the show was released. All the promo articles made it seem like this cowboy bebop live action was made by folks who had a genuine love for the original, when really it was made by people who thought there was something wrong with it, and they needed to "fix" it. This is what happens when those people who make retrospective articles degrading the "outdated" nature of classics, come together to make something new out of it. It just ends up losing its identity and integrity like this show did, and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the series by the creators.

Also, Watanabe warned us. We just didn't listen.
    [​IMG]
    Or more accurately I just didn't know this was a thing.

g3data, Hayane, Starletka and 3 others like this.
  13. ShoumaTaka

DAT :

what’s this I hear about ouran high host club getting a second season?? We’re finally getting a second season after what 14-15 years?

14. UniversalParanoia1

UniversalParanoia1 Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT WHAT

ShoumaTaka likes this.
  15. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

hm, I haven't heard any news about ouran getting a s2? and I'm usually pretty up to date on that stuff

but if I'm wrong let me know, I'd be happy if it was true

ShoumaTaka likes this.
  16. Starletka

Starletka Silver Supporter

That it's not happening? I sure hope that if it does indeed happen one day, they'll do a proper full remake instead, because it's impossible to follow the second half of the manga with how things ran in the anime.

ShoumaTaka likes this.
  17. ShoumaTaka

Yeah I’m not sure if it’s true or not I was on tiktok and this popular man who goes to every animecon out there was like season 2 of ouran high host club is coming out August 2022 I tried to look it up didn’t find anything

Claptrap likes this.
  18. Hayane

Hayane Well-Known Member

What when how
    Oh, must be trolling then since its weird there is not a single article out hinting about a news related to OHSHC.

ShoumaTaka and Rascal like this.
  19. Rascal

Rascal Silver Supporter

DAT:

I was watching Arakawa Under the Bridge for the first time, and amidst my laughter it occurred to me that this might be the last original comedy anime ever made. Like, it's kinda scary to know the medium was capable of this at some point compared to what "comedy" anime is now. Back when it wasn't just

dude walks into room
    girl less clothes on in room
    girl punches guy
    the gods nod in favor of this sanctioned joke.exe

Like, holy crap, I am so not used to see comedy anime actually subverting my expectations and being consistently enjoyable, and getting a laugh out of me every episode, ESPECIALLY with japanese audio.

20. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

DAT: It's so weird how Kekkai Sensen probably has one of the most famous anime EDs of all time.

People still make template parodies of this for pretty much any remotely popular show or anime-esque video game property.

Not surprising, though. The music is catchy as all hell, and the animation oozes drip.
    I wish more series would try this hard.

Starletka, Gens, Akishima and 5 others like this.