Daily Anime Thoughts

No need to overgeneralize. I'm an anime fan from the west, and I like to think I'm quite unpredictable.
Of course, just a general trend. If you look at what gets viewed here and what gets discussed on the Internet in general, then certain anime are guaranteed to be more successful than others.
Things that explode will be more watched than slow introspections. Animes with thighs and cute girls will be more watched than fairytales. Isekai will get more attention than basically anything else at the moment, lol.

What really gets to me is how defensive some anime fans get. Especially when they encounter people who dislike something they like or like something they dislike... I'll never understand why some people feel like they need to get personally upset over it.

Thankfully most people here on AP aren't that stupid.
Lol.

It uses a lot of bl tropes to set up its horror in the beginning. But even in the manga, I find it more deeply unsettling than scary per se, getting more so as the plot unfolds. This is fine with me, as I am a wuss with a lot of horror, but may not scratch the right itch for someone else.

I really just want to tell people to read the manga any more. The anime is okay and I'm enjoying it for what it is but the source material is doing all the heavy lifting as far as that goes.

I find the whole completely metaphorical gay sex angle pretty interesting honestly. It's fairly terrifying to me at least, in a completely psychological way and that's the best kind of horror imo, than some kind of physical boogeyman/monster in the closet. YMMV. The ghosts aren't what's scary, it's Hiyakawa who is and the driving force.

I think I'm pretty much assuredly going to read the manga after with how good I think the source material has been so far to me.

Last edited:
DAT:

Oh great…..Disney+ is getting involved in the anime licensing game. Goddammit yet ANOTHER service one has to subscribe to if they want to be a legal weeb. I’m gonna pull my hair out.

What's weird to me is not just that Disney's entering the fray, but also out of any series to start with, they're doing sequels to Tatami Galaxy and Black Rock Shooter?
Probably the most out of left field choices you could ever conceive for Disney to pick.

What really gets to me is how defensive some anime fans get. Especially when they encounter people who dislike something they like or like something they dislike... I'll never understand why some people feel like they need to get personally upset over it.

Thankfully most people here on AP aren't that stupid.

how it be sometimes

I'm not going to bother bringing up too deeply about past forum gripes, but I find it a hilariously terrible coincidence Gaunter quoted that post with two people who don't like each other. Like of all people to quote with that review.....................lol

-----
DAT:

I don't know wtf I'm doing with my life watching the ASMR anime.

Unfortunately, no matter where you live, what language you speak and what anime community you prefer, all anime fans are the same.
I wouldn't say they're all the same, just a few here and there that make me go "...seriously?" It's not just anime either, there's similar people no matter where you go. Such as people who lose their minds when a game they like is given a 7 out of 10.

As I get older though I've realized that people like that aren't really worth my time or energy. I'd rather spend that energy on positive stuff or other things (which in my current case is I'm too busy playing MGS 5 or Lone Echo 2 or watching a show I like to really care that much).

These days whenever I see something like a post (not necessarily on AP, can be anywhere really) being all like "HOW DARE YOU???" I just laugh it off. Not really worth interacting with that stuff since it just leads to an endless back and forth until it finally dies off or someone steps in. Of course it doesn't entirely stop people from trying to start shit, but better to just laugh my ass off rather than let it get to me.

Getting into fights and shit is just not worth the time or energy these days.

Correct me if I’m wrong because I haven’t read the manga yet but I thought ‘the night beyond the tricornered window’ would have much more horror elements in it instead of it focusing on BL ( nothing wrong with BL or anything but I thought it would be way scarier then this)
Feels like I’m watching for of a blossoming romance that features a couple of ghost rather than a horror anime that’s actually good.

I've watched both episodes and haven't seen anything romantic happen. I've watched one guy bully and manipulate another into a lopsided work relationship where said bully holds all the cards and refuses to dole out information unless its to his benefit. When the guy can't be a bully to get his way he gets even more possessive and goes so far as to force a contract that the other guy doesn't even remember.

DAT:

Oh great…..Disney+ is getting involved in the anime licensing game. Goddammit yet ANOTHER service one has to subscribe to if they want to be a legal weeb. I’m gonna pull my hair out.
well disney's an easy choice

for other companies, i can consider them but disney is evil

(trust me i understand the irony of having a disney avatar do you know how sad i am about loving a disney ip right now when i've avoided it for so long)

I've watched both episodes and haven't seen anything romantic happen. I've watched one guy bully and manipulate another into a lopsided work relationship where said bully holds all the cards and refuses to dole out information unless its to his benefit. When the guy can't be a bully to get his way he gets even more possessive and goes so far as to force a contract that the other guy doesn't even remember.

The people who really, genuinely think it's sexy are all on twitter going "ooh, ~sexy~ couple" and I'm over here going "....I don't not ship it*, but I'm side-eyeing real hard right now". I'm not gonna argue about it either way because I'm tired and I just want to enjoy my favorite manga and its various adaptations, but I do side-eye a lot as I scroll by.

(*in a very, very, very far in the future after a great deal of work on Hiyakawa's part kind of way, and even then I'm basing this on a lot more character development than two episodes)

DAT

platinum end is going to be a goldmine of shitty anime memes
lZqvibr.jpg

(trust me i understand the irony of having a disney avatar do you know how sad i am about loving a disney ip right now when i've avoided it for so long)

Honestly it's even made doubly more painful and sad by the fact Disney is gutting their own property that's this good/popular and a slap in the face to the LGBTQ audience. I will NEVER FORGIVE DISNEY FOR THIS TRAVESTY.

#GiveMeMoreOwlHouseOrGiveMeDeath

The people who really, genuinely think it's sexy are all on twitter going "ooh, ~sexy~ couple" and I'm over here going "....I don't not ship it*, but I'm side-eyeing real hard right now". I'm not gonna argue about it either way because I'm tired and I just want to enjoy my favorite manga and its various adaptations, but I do side-eye a lot as I scroll by.

(*in a very, very, very far in the future after a great deal of work on Hiyakawa's part kind of way, and even then I'm basing this on a lot more character development than two episodes)
I feel like this is just generally really common where people take the completely wrong message from something when the villain is cool enough for them lol

If the villainous character wasn't kind of sexy for them, I doubt they'd hand wave it then.

Last edited:
I feel like this is just generally really common where people take the completely wrong message from something when the villain is cool enough for them lol

If the villainous character wasn't kind of sexy for them, I doubt they'd hand wave it then.
I guess media really exacerbates that big double standard part of human nature by disconnecting people from reality. That's been a thing since high schoolers were thirsting over ted bundy. If that fucker was ugly nobody would be apologizing for him.

With animated characters its obviously way way easier to disconnect. Which come to think of it is probably why a lot of anime fans are so disconnected from reality more than say, people that just watch western TV...

That's definitely true. I am not immune to the lure of the sexy villain myself on occasion. But man, Hiyakawa's not even that sexy, even when he's not being scary, and he's a more realistic kind of scary when he is scary, which is usually what takes characters out of the sexy villain thing.

The only thing you should be sad about is the character in said avatar being a terrible person.
lol
hunter is like. the mildest antagonist in the world. he's just an abused kid
i'm sorry, won't take this slander from an amity fan lol
i love amity too but theyre not that different

Back