Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT: I have seen many sexual things happen in the Golden Kamuy manga. Never mind the actual sex scenes, I've seen a bunch of horny guys fighting off the gay with a sumo match, I've seen a guy fuck a tree and a bear, I've seen a guy hide a knife up his ass, I've seen a guy nut out of his head (multiple times), I've seen a guy's dick give a thumbs up, I've seen sizzling hot balls melting on snow, I've seen three man spank a horny naked dude with twigs, I've seen a dude with his dick stuck in an ice hole, I've seen people piss in each other's faces, but ... I ... can't even begin to describe what I saw in chapters 238 and 239.

2796660da4cfd260e1072bb4cadbf3c1ccabf520.jpg

Just ... what the fuck? What the actual fuck? Do you think Noda sometimes asks himself, if he's gone too far?
This sure is getting animated.

Don't know what the issue is. This is just a normal male greeting. I do this every time I see my friends.

DAT:

So I watched the first episode of Sonny Boy since it pre-aired early and it was strangely.............................intriguing to me. Absolutely no music at all in the first episode, just complete dead silence and it raised a fuck ton of questions. I have no idea what the hell is going on but I liked it. Really curious what @Taek would think of this.
Planning on watching it tomorrow, so you'll soon get to see what I think!

It definitely seems to be inspired by Drifting Classroom and even acknowledges this reference in the group chat, but because the thing I liked most about Drifting Classroom was its premise and not its actual content I'm excited that its doing its own thing with the concept

I've been keeping an eye on it because I basically keep an eye on any original work that has vague details (and hey I've been pretty lucky with Wonder Egg, Stars Align, Odd Taxi and Bakuten recently) so I'm also excited to see how this one will go

Shingo Natsume is also just a really godly director to me, so that's also pretty promising.

i wish there was any thriller drama anime as good as and as hefty as monster

Me waiting for Pluto:

jxFcVhd.jpg

Last edited:
OMIGAWD YAAAASSSS!!
I have thirsted for this for YEARS! Fuck all yo shit, this is still one of my favorite anime soundtracks of all time! I never thought it would actually end up on spotify, tho!
It is still the BEST Gainax soundtrack in my opinion and that’s saying a lot, considering I worship almost every ost they put out for their shows. The soundtrack is so good, it works perfectly well outside of the context of the anime to me.

Last edited:
DAT: Questioning my sanity as I am binge watching 7ds and I am blaming my friend who kept hyping it up. Is it just me or the show isnt really that good?
I can't stand meliodas at all with all the fanservice with elizabeth, characters keep getting revived and its giving me Fairy tail war flashbacks, and finally characters are legit overpowered beyond my expectations that there is no chance to feel tense about anything related to the plot......they will just win anyway.

Last edited:
It is still the BEST Gainax soundtrack in my opinion and that’s saying a lot, considering I worship almost every ost they put out for their shows. The soundtrack is so good, it works perfectly well outside of the context of the anime to me.
Kinda surprised this one is not from PSG. Just got a whole lot more interested in that show now.

DAT:

Chainsaw Man PV in only a week from now! Honestly with how they’re making this such a showy stage event with the president of Mappa themselves coming on to present this I’m almost expecting a very sakuga animation preview.
Either it's fucking amazing and they know this will be a JJK-level success so they want max hype, or... they went full-CG and now just wanna try to frame that as awesome. It's hell or high heaven.

Either it's fucking amazing and they know this will be a JJK-level success so they want max hype, or... they went full-CG and now just wanna try to frame that as awesome. It's hell or high heaven.
The CG in Dorohedoro was pretty well done though so if it did turn out to be CG maybe it won't be so bad? Though to be fair it all depends on execution.

The CG in Dorohedoro was pretty well done though so if it did turn out to be CG maybe it won't be so bad? Though to be fair it all depends on execution.
The CG in Dorohedoro was interspersed with 2d frames on key locations to make up for its limitations, and there was a lot of gorgeous 2d scenery.
Full-CG will simply be a downgrade from what could be with 2d no matter what when it's a TV budget and production timeframe. And like with Dorohedoro it will still be a good show, but it will not be its full potential. It would be good in spite of the animation on many points.

CSM also has an intentionally rough style that's unlikely to convert well to 3d outside of chaotic action scenes and specific creatures.
The question isn't if the show will be good, but rather if it will be the best.

DAT:

So I watched the first episode of Sonny Boy since it pre-aired early and it was strangely.............................intriguing to me. Absolutely no music at all in the first episode, just complete dead silence and it raised a fuck ton of questions. I have no idea what the hell is going on but I liked it. Really curious what @Taek would think of this.
Actually, it's not on Funimation in the UK yet, so I'll have to wait a while.

They've been very secretive about the staff behind this too, usually that gets leaked somewhat earlier.

Actually, it's not on Funimation in the UK yet, so I'll have to wait a while.

It was literally only available for streaming for one whole day on Funimation as a special early preview, that’s why you don’t see it anymore lol

Goddammit.

Last edited:
DAT:

Feels pretty appropriate VTubers are singing the ED to Jahy-sama considering Wakame Konbu is also a Vtuber. Their influence is spreading.

It was literally only available for streaming for one whole day on Funimation as a special early preview, that’s why you don’t see it anymore lol

Goddammit.
Stupid funimation. I'll just have to wait until it airs properly.

On another note, I really hope Nagatoro gets the greenlight for a second season soon, for a gag anime, it's been really sweet the last couple of episodes and I know that there's a lot more actual story to come. It'd be a shame if we never see it animated.

Back