Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT: Evangelion 3.0+1.0 dropping a trailer is a Christmas miracle.

giphy.gif

Although I still won't completely believe it until I see the movie playing in front my own eyes.

DAT:

Welcome to the Ballroom was such a massive disappointment to me, but I've been reading a manga lately called Kenrantaru Grande Scene which has been a lot more engaging to me and focused around the art of ballet. This really deserves a high quality fabulous max anime adaptation. Cuvie, the author, apparently draws hentai, she still does in fact and I certainly didn't get that impression by reading this with the absence of fanservice.

DAT:

Welcome to the Ballroom was such a massive disappointment to me, but I've been reading a manga lately called Kenrantaru Grande Scene which has been a lot more engaging to me and focused around the art of ballet. This really deserves a high quality fabulous max anime adaptation. Cuvie, the author, apparently draws hentai, she still does in fact and I certainly didn't get that impression by reading this with the absence of fanservice.

Oh, I have the first volume of that one - as a story, it didn't really grab me enough to keep reading, but it has some of the nicest ballet art. It's a different kind of fanservice!

As for other dancing titles, 10 Dance has fanservice and then some, but it sure has some nice dance scenes too. It's hard to convey movement through static drawings, so I appreciate the artists who can pull it off.

DAT: Finally got to episode 140 of Kindaichi Case Files, only to find out that it isn't the end- there's eight more episodes I can't find subbed anywhere, and I'm not confident with how dialogue-heavy it is to watch the rest of it raw-assuming I can even find raws. *cries* So close! I was really looking forward to finally being able to watch the newer Kindaichi series. A company like Discotek needs to just release it on disc already so I can buy it.
What about the pictures of characters? How to edit a tag.

so i was just watching a studio ghibli movie "only yesterday"
when i noticed the eng dub voice actor was daisy ridley!
does anyone know if its the star wars daisy ridley or do 2 actors happen to have the same name!

so i was just watching a studio ghibli movie "only yesterday"
when i noticed the eng dub voice actor was daisy ridley!
does anyone know if its the star wars daisy ridley or do 2 actors happen to have the same name!
I looked it up on imdb and it is Daisy Ridley from Star Wars. I guess that is another reason why I should watch it soon.

DAT: This reminds me the Star Wars anime has been recently announced to be coming out in 2021. I am not really a big Star Wars fan, but it was one of my first fandoms and I really liked the movies as a kid.

Final Vibe Check
w19bi27ld2z31.png

Of 2020​

I've said my piece in the "top anime that came out in 2020" thread but I just wanted to take a moment here at the end of the year to mention the best anime I've personally seen this year, whether they came out this year or not. In no particular order, major shoutout to these shows:

Chrno Crusade
tumblr_p6f9rb2YyT1vnh7wbo1_500.gif

Dawn of the Deep Soul
9b315e8f9bce8f28e1f6252977c769897726b940.gif

Akudama Drive
56ReevR.gif

Planetes
il56Xe6.gif

The Eccentric Family
giphy.gif

Great Pretender
de1c9b9cb58d5ce7f735c116483138c4.gif

Gungrave
c432f85808f5cb7dff980ba7223b3a80.gif

The Garden of Sinners
DeafeningSpryAfricangoldencat-max-1mb.gif

Eizouken
tenor.gif

Gankutsuo
dJ7Lh00.gif

Thank you to these anime for making my 2020 better! Can't wait to find out what shows will win me over in 2021!

Final Vibe Check
w19bi27ld2z31.png

Of 2020​

I've said my piece in the "top anime that came out in 2020" thread but I just wanted to take a moment here at the end of the year to mention the best anime I've personally seen this year, whether they came out this year or not. In no particular order, major shoutout to these shows:

Chrno Crusade

Dawn of the Deep Soul

Akudama Drive
56ReevR.gif

Planetes
il56Xe6.gif

The Eccentric Family
giphy.gif

Great Pretender

Gungrave

The Garden of Sinners

Eizouken
tenor.gif

Gankutsuo
dJ7Lh00.gif

Thank you to these anime for making my 2020 better! Can't wait to find out what shows will win me over in 2021!
Well shit. Thanks for constantly making my Want To Watch list load even heavier lmao.
Stop making me want to watch more good things!!! hahaha :P :P :P :D

Final Vibe Check
w19bi27ld2z31.png

Of 2020​

Chrno Crusade

Dawn of the Deep Soul

Akudama Drive
56ReevR.gif

Planetes
il56Xe6.gif

The Eccentric Family
giphy.gif

Great Pretender

Gungrave

The Garden of Sinners

Eizouken
tenor.gif

Gankutsuo
dJ7Lh00.gif

Damn not that Chrno gif.....
;-;

DAT: As I get older I get more and more worried about stuff I'm watching having an intentional audience-pandering sexual appeal, all the while most of the characters are minors. I also increasingly realize it's not primarily appealing to horny teens of the same age range as the characters.
And, of course, this all combining with the issue of what art style is used. 15? Well you're practically indistinguishable from the character that is 35 except for maybe a height difference.

So it is surprisingly refreshing when I find some series where when the characters claim to be, say, 14, I actually go "yeah I believe that". And then the show acts cute n stuff without it feeling like it is trying to pander to creepy adults.

Like, man do people probably know how much I love maid-dragon, but there's so many times I just want to physically drag the author into an ice bath...

That’s particularly why I don’t have a favorite waifu... only god knows how old they really are . I refuse to have my favorite waifu as a 12 year old girl

DAT: As I get older I get more and more worried about stuff I'm watching having an intentional audience-pandering sexual appeal, all the while most of the characters are minors. I also increasingly realize it's not primarily appealing to horny teens of the same age range as the characters.
And, of course, this all combining with the issue of what art style is used. 15? Well you're practically indistinguishable from the character that is 35 except for maybe a height difference.

So it is surprisingly refreshing when I find some series where when the characters claim to be, say, 14, I actually go "yeah I believe that". And then the show acts cute n stuff without it feeling like it is trying to pander to creepy adults.

Like, man do people probably know how much I love maid-dragon, but there's so many times I just want to physically drag the author into an ice bath...
Honestly, this is probably my biggest gripe with Made in Abyss. Everything else is great, but then we get the odd "joke" about Reg getting a hard on from touching Nanachi's fur.

Honestly, this is probably my biggest gripe with Made in Abyss. Everything else is great, but then we get the odd "joke" about Reg getting a hard on from touching Nanachi's fur.
I've sorta gotten a persuasive argument where the anime is concerned, and I'm not opposed to the exploration of sexuality in stories of minors, but oh boy did I quickly put down the manga version! Yikes!

Now I suddenly realize (another reason) why everyone's simping so hard for CSM's Makima, scareousal aside.
Like, "wow, an actual frequently recurring adult character that also looks the part, with realistic proportions, in a 'shounen' story!"
Come to think of it, only one character is actually even a minor in the story...
By gum, if CSM suddenly turns out to be historically significant by normalizing the presence of more story-centric adults in the genre--
Gods, I'm looking forward to the anime.

Damn not that Chrno gif.....
;-;
DAT:
I really need to watch the Chrono Crusade anime, but part of me is worried about how different the story is between the manga and anime. I'm always caught in making these comparisons between the manga and anime, and whether or not its faithful. Or even if its a good introduction to the manga. I want to believe that the anime is good, so that's what I'm hoping.

Back