Daily Anime Thoughts

Honestly I haven't found the airing anime this season very strong either, but it kind of doesn't matter because I'm really enjoying catching up with old series that I never got a chance to watch. I'm behind on most of my watches, but all of them are kind of 'average' ish for me, so I haven't really felt the need to be up to date with them

Jujutsu Kaisen - very 'ok' shounen. shounen especially is all about characters and I'm not strongly attached. still, I tend to get attached to unimportant characters in shounen so I'm kind of waiting. the animation is beautiful tho
hypmic - alright, but nothing to get too invested in
akudama drive - actually the most interesting one, but I only watched 1 and a half eps of it so far
iwgp - flat characters, preachy messages, over the top
taiso samurai - legit one of the things i'm enjoying more this season, but a mess
talentless nana - i don't hate it, but it is just edgy fun

still, I need to watch adachi to shimamura and the one ep I saw of higurashi doesn't feel fair given it's turns to judge it off so . also watching some anime shorts about animals but eh

there were a lot of anime with ''premises that sound fun" but just weren't spectacular in execution. most aren't terribad, but they are kind of falling flat for me.

ah, I am really enjoying Heaven's Official Blessing though, lol. That's the one thing I'd consider really good to me in this season.

The main thing you have to remember when selecting picks for non-forum regulars:

They won't watch them, so it doesn't matter :D :D :D :D :D

I laughed but then cried hard about how sadly true this is when my SS was non-existent last time.

Can't say I felt very motivated to join this time, I'm just sticking to movies.

iwgp - flat characters, preachy messages, over the top

This is easily the show I hate the most right now out of what I am watching this season. Very disappointing season indeed.

Last edited:
The worst show I'm watching this season is Wandering Witch Journey of Elaina. No contest. You can say whatever you want about shitshows like Talentless Nana or generic shounen like Jujutsu Kaisen, there is nothing worse than an anime that's just overtly disgusting disappointment. It's a modern bastardization of Kino's Journey-esque storytelling, and has very little of value to it at all. Nearly every episode is shallow, stupid and lame besides from like 2 of them.

I really fucking hate it

Osomatsu-san S03 ought to get the respect it deserves especially after the effort it took to adjust itself to the more sanitized Reiwa Era.

38Pav.jpg

38Paw.jpg

And for anyone who always wanted to get into a sports anime but never thought they had the time to, that stupid wall climbing anime just might be what the doctor ordered. Currently, it's trying to cram an entire arc's worth of tournament shenanigans into a couple of episodes and the result is some kind of weird hallucinatory fever dream.

It's also got kaijus. Sort of.

38Pay.jpg

I'm kidding. Absolutely do not get into this piece of shit.

taiso samurai - legit one of the things i'm enjoying more this season, but a mess

I don't even know why I'm disappointed by this even if I didn't have any expectations heading in. I guess it's more slice of life than sports, but even then the sport scenes are all such big let-downs.

The worst show I'm watching this season is Wandering Witch Journey of Elaina. No contest. You can say whatever you want about shitshows like Talentless Nana or generic shounen like Jujutsu Kaisen, there is nothing worse than an anime that's just overtly disgusting disappointment. It's a modern bastardization of Kino's Journey-esque storytelling, and has very little of value to it at all. Nearly every episode is shallow, stupid and lame besides from like 2 of them.

I really fucking hate it

Elaina is easily the most disappointing show for me this season- she even earned a spot on my hate list which is very difficult to do. Such a poorly written character and story. The only reason I'm still watching is because the show is pretty to look at. IWGP is also disappointing, but I decided not to expect anything from it after the first episode, so I've just been kinda rolling with it and I really enjoyed this last episode a lot.

Edit: Oh, I completely forgot about The Day I Became A God because it's so garbage my mind refuses to remember it exists in between episodes. It's easily the worst anime thing Key/Maeda has ever done. However, I didn't really have expectations going in, other than I didn't expect it to be this bad. Most Key stuff is at least watchable, but this one has had me questioning why I don't drop it numerous times. What a cringe-fest.

Last edited:
I don't even know why I'm disappointed by this even if I didn't have any expectations heading in. I guess it's more slice of life than sports, but even then the sport scenes are all such big let-downs.

Man, the animation of that show is so low effort average from Mappa with the use of CGI which is bad for a sport's show. While Jujutsu Kaisen looks very good on the other hand. It's clear the resources just aren't spent there.

This hasn't been a great year honestly for sports anime outside of the reliable Haikyuu. I hope next year is better.

The only anime from this season I'm watching is Sleepy Princess in The Demon Castle and I've been enjoying it a lot as a long time fan of the manga. You guys are making me feel better about only choosing to watch one show this season, not gonna lie. (Although as soon as I finish season 2 of Golden Kamuy I will be jumping into season 3, I can tell you that).

Meanwhile I'm disappointed in S3 of Golden Kamuy that everyone else seems to be happy with, but that's my own fault for reading the manga.
BUT I'm watching TWO (2) ongoing series this season, and I'm keeping up with BOTH of them. That hasn't happened in a long time.
Is studio Geno still doing the thing where the art and animation sucks in Golden Kamuy and can't accurately represent the manga's art

I’m semi enjoying Higurashi .
By the grace of god - started off okay first few episodes were decent enough.
Jujutsu Kaisen - same as BTGOG , started off dope during the first couple episodes and then just turned into another typical action anime.

Yashahime seems to be one of my favorites each episode keeps me hooked honestly

do you like nana so far? ( one of my favorites !)
I already know the first 15 something chapter I think (?) read it a very long time ago but I enjoy it for how edgy it is like @Rascal. It's that one show that you know what you are expecting BUT at least it's offering a damn PLOT...
then there is that PA works anime.... today I met a God or something which I am not truly sure I can get to watch it for lottery...curse the lottery giving me that and rap not-idol bois anime.
Also, I read the first 10chapters of Moriarty long time ago and I knew what I was expecting and to be honet...Its still a better take than Kabukicho by x38847 times
Or that my bar for Holmes Era based stories is just lowered down way too much with all the shitty adaptations we have seen so far.
AT LEAST IT ISNT NOBUNAGA BECOMING A DOG...or whatever the anime announcement I have seen once.

Back