Daily Anime Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Anime Discussion' started by Jamie, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

It's not exactly the same, but it reminds me of the Pewdiepie hit pieces by WaPo, it was obvious to any person with a half functioning brain that the clips taken from him were jokes, yet Youtube dropped his Red series anyway. By doing so they made it seem like Pewdiepie was guilty, and that they are harboring extremist content. Granted sexual harassment accusations aren't in the same vain as easily disprovable anti semitism accusation, but it still looks bad in the eyes of their main consumers.

2. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

Fair enough. I'm just commenting generally. I literally know nothing about this story other than what I've read in this thread because I don't really care about any of the parties involved.

Nicknames and Zed60K like this.
  3. ShoumaTaka

ShoumaTaka Well-Known Member

D A T ~ ; where’s my Sengoku Basara remake , movie something I need my fix of Sengoku Basara ( * cries inside * )

Taforeverlove likes this.
  4. MordegonsBelladonna

MordegonsBelladonna Well-Known Member

This animu's (Angels of Death) concept is nice but I really don't like how they repeat the same dialogue over and over. ^^;; It could be amazing otherwise.

I'm so obsessed with Lord of Lords Ryu Knight I'm going crazy trying to find a figure of Hyunt-kun's fighter, but can't, so *sad face*

And in general I so wish I had more time to animu-watch. It's hard to split time between watching animus and doing other things. I'm one of those dirty bingewatchers when I get interested. XD

MistLiigh and Nicknames like this.
  5. Zed60K

Zed60K Database Moderator

She had to make sure that the psychotic mass murderer was gonna kill her or not, because you never know whether the sun is gonna rise up again in the next morning or not.

6. MordegonsBelladonna

MordegonsBelladonna Well-Known Member

Meh. But at least that ED theme is <3 <3 <3 XD

Zed60K likes this.
  7. Starra

Starra Database Moderator

Honestly this is the one that caught me most off guard. It got me to actually read a book. Granted, it's a web novel, but it's over 100 chapters that are like 8000 words each.

Also, slight correction: it's gay ancient Chinese zombie fighters.

8. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Well, there was Gakuen Basara. It was pretty good for a school comedy spinoff...by the way, I'm currently running a little buddy group of regular Basara if you're interested.

9. Schizm

Schizm Forum Moderator

DAT: K, guess it's time to finally cross Your Name. off my list to see what all the fuss was about. Just saw it's on Netflix and now I don't really have any excuse anymore to not watch it.

Maybe feel like watching a show again after that. Any quick thoughts on Bunny Girl Senpai?

10. MistLiigh

MistLiigh Well-Known Member

It was an interesting show with an interesting premise. It reminded me in many ways of a less Shaft-y Monogatari series, with some great witty dialogue particularly between the leads. A lot of people were also comparing it to Snafu, but as I haven't seen that I can't really comment on it.

I was a little disappointed with parts of the series, but I think part of that can be attributed to the perhaps excessive analysis some of us were doing in the discussion thread. That said, it had some great parts, and I did find a character I liked enough to have added to my claiming society banner...

11. Schizm

Schizm Forum Moderator

Well, I love Monogatari and Snafu so that should be fun then :) If you haven't seen Snafu yet I'd say get on that, it's especially worth it for S2.

12. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

Watch it for the mature relationship, but be wary of the science babble and vignettes that may leave you wanting.

13. MistLiigh

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm still iffy just because it's so hard for me to get into romcoms XD But I appreciate it :)

I just noticed you have Hanekawa in your claim banner... Clearly you are a man of exquisite taste, and I expect you'll be joining the sadly outnumbered Futaba fan club to fight the scourge of Mai fanatics.

14. HKBattosai

HKBattosai Database Moderator

I have not seen Monogatari but Snafu is definitely a good choice and it's far from the Rom-Com you might be assuming it is. Believe me on that.

DAT: Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? tonight for me since @Karin84 has other anime plans tonight (therefore, no Flying Witch until tomorrow)

HikikoKat, Schizm, Nicknames and 2 others like this.
  15. Schizm

Schizm Forum Moderator

Snafu is basically to romcoms what Madoka was to magical girls or Evangelion to mechs, a deconstruction that pretty much renders the whole genre obsolete after watching them (that's exaggerated ofc but you know what I mean). I think you'd found it quite enjoyable and it tackles a lot of teenage issues in a deeper manner than most similar shows.

Mmh...seems aloof, lab coat, glasses,... *cough* yeah, sold. Just can't get over my lab coat fetish when it comes to female characters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 8:53 AM
  16. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

High school shows never became the same for me, after Snafu. Just no other high school anime beats it for me tbh.

17. Schizm

Schizm Forum Moderator

Well, maybe except for School Days.

ZetsubouKaiji, Nicknames and Gens like this.
  18. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

DAT: TIL there's an anime called Mutafukaz

19. MistLiigh

That's actually really good to know :o

This one has good taste. I like him.

20. yournotdrew

yournotdrew Member

Just finished "Humanity has declined" I want some carrot bread.