Concrete Revolutio

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Guest, Oct 2, 2015.

1. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Re: Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou

13:
    Wew, that sure was something wasn't it? i was sort of expecting this of all things to be the straw that broke the camel's back with regards to why Jiro left the bureau. I guess I shouldn't have expected such considering it was likely around September 44th (where the immortal family was given an acid bath by Optimus Prime) that Jiro started to express his rebellious side.

So we learn a fair bit more about Jin Claude Van Damme, what he's done and for what reason. So the dude is Machiavellian to the max in a way that kind of invites comparison to Code Geass' Zero for more than just appearances. He no longer believes in a future where humans and superhumans can live in peace without some violence, and he figures if anyone ought to dirty their hands, it should be him. But does that necessarily mean peace between the two sides? Just think, what if Magneto won? I think it would be similar in this case as well with The superhumans forcing the normies into submission. That's what I assume those weird old dudes from space like Akita want. What that immortal boy said also rings true. What every generation of loud youngsters want is to undo the harmful aspects to of society that generations passed treated as if they were acceptable. This is especially true with something like war, a concept kids judge all the time without any 1st hand experience.

In theory, neither the government/superhuman bureau or Claude will be able to create lasting peace, but that's not the point here. The point is to see which side can better sell its phantasmagoria. You can't fuel your side of a war without the right amount of propaganda after all. This is all such a confusing and messy afair, so much so that not even Earth-chan has an idea of what to do, so she just cheats and looks for an easy answer, that being how fighting is bad (screw understanding the complicated circumstances that led to the fighting).
    All things considered, this episode was analogous to the show's storytelling as a whole so far, frantic and sometimes rather preachy (really, did we need the characters explaining their philosophies during the action like that? Don't their deeds say enough?), but as a whole it was just so very.......interesting. I'll probably have to rewatch this one before the start of the 2nd half. No score because I don't believe in scoring split cour things based on the 1st part alone.

2. AdmiralMuffin

AdmiralMuffin Well-Known Member

Episode 13:

I'm really mixed with this show overall. It had some neat ideas, nice aesthetics, an intriguing premise and some cool homages to a lot of retro stuff like Kikkaider, but the execution was a hit or a miss for me. Still, I did not regret watching this and I was entertained most of time. So yeah I am looking forward to season two this Spring.

3. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

This came a loong way from that sloppy first episode. After the first couple of episodes I thought this was going to be a damn trainwreck, but it managed to claw itself up to mediocrity by the sixth episode and then to being pretty watchable by the end of the cour. It's still not a great series. It's preachy, heavy handed, bloated and self important making it the definition of pretentious, but the anime does have something to say and it has taken on some interesting themes. While it's not the first to deconstruct this genre, it has a unique enough take to justify its existence.

I'll give the first half a 6 out of 10.