Combatants Will Be Dispatched!

watched both episodes, when the lense on the camera slowly grew in front of the demon chick, I knew this was my jam...........

Finally it's here. Great two first episodes. So far they did justice to the Light Novels which I quite enjoyed.

Episode 2.
So we have our team. An adorable little chimera, an invincible perverted cripple who worships a God of evil, a sadist little robot girl, Funbags and Six.

What a squad.

Episode 3.
Most realistic isekai reaction ever. Gets paid a small fortune for his questing, and just decides he'll stay there forever. I'd probably do exactly the same thing.

I hate it.... The mc is just a hero who is supposed to be evil. And at the end will probaply save everyone. I wanted to see some evil ass stuff. And the comedy is not at konosuba level, atleast in my opinion. I think its average....

Episode 4.
Oh, Six. You are delightfully despicable.
Makes a complete spectacle of an enemy general, the goes back on returning her magic gem thingy after taking a small mountain of embarrassing photos of her. He is scum and I love it.

I hate it.... The mc is just a hero who is supposed to be evil. And at the end will probaply save everyone. I wanted to see some evil ass stuff.
It's a comedy, dude. What were you expecting, him to go around murdering and raping like Gregor Clegane or something?

The show is fine so far I guess, but I am not a big fan of Six. Nor Snow for that matter.

I like Rose a lot though, finding her both cute and having a backstory I would like to hear more about and see explored. Hopefully, it does not get forgotten about in favor of the typical shenanigans, rinse and repeat.

What's up with griffons that neither Rose nor Hanako can stomach their meat?

2.png

Episode 5.
Not much to say about this one. A lot of set-up, and not a ton of funny gags.
Though him running into Darkness-lite while doing his Zipperman routine was kinda funny.

Episode 6.
When all else fails, go ham with a Chainsword. Clearly Six is a student of the Imperium Of Mankind method of dealing with demons.

This show was a huge disappointment. I was expecting something as good as Konosuba, but this humor feels very forced, unlike Konosuba's, and the characters aren't very likable either.

Just dipping in to say I'm kind of digging it, this far into things.

It's not especially good (and the first episode was awful), and Six and Snow aren't very good protagonists, but I think it has just enough cleverness and heart(?) about it to keep coming back.

Alice is kind blah, but she gets better each week. And Rose and Grimm are actually very funny, when they're allowed to have dialogue. More of them would be great.

Especially Grimm.

Mostly Grimm.

#TeamGrimm

...but Rose, too. Her delivery of that line about the griffon, a couple of weeks ago, was hilarious.

Which, I suppose, is to say that the strongest part of the series seems to be the personalities of the characters, which are funny enough (especially when interacting with each other) without having to try to force them to be funny, which the show often does.

It's like the biggest thing holding it back is the restrictions of the premise, which the characters seem to be struggling to pull away from.

...also, more Grimm please.

also, more Grimm please.

I still don't like Six or Snow much if at all, and Alice is just OK (she has her moments), but I adore Rose. Honestly, she almost feels out of place in this show... I mean she has what could be a potentially interesting backstory and a design that would feel more at home in something like Kemono Michi, whereas here it just feels like she is being squandered.... she is still cute and awesome though. Grimm I like, but again, she feels like she is being wasted and if I am being honest, almost used as a throwaway joke at times. She is supposed to be ridiculously powerful and the few times we see her use her abilities (and they go right) that would seem to be the case... but instead, they just have her seem to be lazy and honestly a bit helpless and useless at times which I personally find a bit infuriating. I am fine with her slightly lecherous attitude at times and find her personality fine, I just wish they would utilize her character in a way that does not make her at times feel more like a joke or afterthought than a potentially powerful and interesting character.

But yeah, Rose and Grimm the real MVPs of this show.

Back