Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! 2

I honestly loved the first season, so I don't think I had as much of a problem with this as other people did. It's a cute little slice of life anime, so I don't know what people are expecting, these things never have amazing plots. The first season's focus on the ethereal horizon was certainly more interesting, and more emotional, I don't really enjoy
love triangles or this whole "how do I relationship?!" thing that anime tends to do
but when the show just wanted to be fun and entertaining I thoroughly enjoyed it. 3/5

I think that's the problem, the first season did have a plot and a point to go along with the cute slice of life comedy. The first season developed the relationship slowly through the lens of Rika's 8th Grade Syndrome. The first season actually told a rather complete and satisfying story to the point where a second season was completely unnecessary. The second season starts with a big burden because it has to maintain the status quo of the original or the dynamic completely changes which means there some regression in the relationship between Rika and Yuuta. I would be okay with that to an extent if the second season were about them making their relationship work, but instead of a second season about deepening their relationship it just threw in a bunch of cheap bullshit roadblocks so that there is minimal development for any of the characters.

I don't think its too much to expect the second season meets the quality of the first, if anything a second season should work harder to surpass the first, especially when there was no real reason for a second season in the first place. Instead what we get here is a pretty hollow anime that doesn't live up to the comedy, drama or romance of the first season. I'm not mad at this for being a slice of life or a light hearted comedy, I'm mad at this for being an inferior product to the first season that in some ways tarnishes all the great things in the first season did.

To me this was a cheap cash in on a popular anime plain and simple even if it was based on some source material, in that case the source material fucked up too or wasn't adapted properly.

I honestly didn't go into this second season with any hopes of grandeur. Yet, somehow, I was still left with a little bit of a disappointed feeling when the season ended. I felt if they wanted to progress the relationship between Yuta and Rika, they could have done so, in a much better way, seeing as that was the main premise of this second season. It all together just felt like it was made solely for the reason that the first one was a success, and not because the show actually needed a second season.

I wouldn't call this a "bad" second season, if you go into it expecting nothing more than what you got out of the first season, then you might even be pleasantly surprised. However, if you go into it looking for an advance on the story, don't focus on it too much, or it might leave you with little to look at. I would watch it if you were a fan of the first season, as it stays true to the animation and comedy from the first season, but i definitely wouldn't recommend it to everyone.

I thought it was just wonderful.....I enjoyed every episode and was only let down when there was no more.....I love anime all anime...except eiken....I don't judge much I just watch....several times mostly....and this anime did touch my emotions....what else could you want....but I understand this is just how I feel....others judge more harshly or expect more...and that's fine....for them...

I thought it was just wonderful.....I enjoyed every episode and was only let down when there was no more.....I love anime all anime...except eiken....I don't judge much I just watch....several times mostly....and this anime did touch my emotions....what else could you want....but I understand this is just how I feel....others judge more harshly or expect more...and that's fine....for them...

Your love for Dekomori and Moe-blobs clouds your vision old man

(not that there's anything wrong with that :troll:)

exactly.....everything aside if an anime makes you happy ...it is good...

yeah thats how I used to look at it but then the website ask you to give an amount of stars and so...........I pull out the hammer.

that said I'd still watch another season. my voting criteria has 0.5 as the unwatchable mark, anything else is watchable. some more than others.

if I felt like re-watching a slice of life i'd go with k-on
romance ........... a whole bunch of stuff before something I give 2 stars.

not that it was painful to watch, but the stars gives me a quick reference to things I enjoyed so much that I'd take the ride again and again.

I to love Dekomori, But I'd never watch one of these series twice, I would however watch youtube dekomori compilations to get my fix.

TWICE...I HaVE WATCHEd K-ON MORE THAN 10 TIMES BUT I DON'T CLAIM THEM ALL AS I CAN'T REALLY REMEMBER ALL OF THEM CLEARLY...damn caps lock...andlucky star.i watched it as the episode came out then rewatched all the previous eps as the new one came out ..so ..like watch ep 1 then ep1 and 2 then ep 1 2 3 then watch 1 2 3 4 ...and so on for the whole thing ...then watched it all again...so watching Chuunibyou 2 again isn't a problem for me...

I don't get it.. I loved the anime! Such a cute couple, some humor - and they were one of us..
One of us!
One of us!
Gi-ga-go-go!
Urn uf uch!

Back