Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! 2

Boy there seems to be a lot of hate for this show/season. Curious, I found the first season to be a whole lot deeper than I ever expected the series to be, it's what kept me watching. And while yeah, this episode 1 didn't break some sudden ground.... it's episode friggin 1.

Now, what I would like is for someone to clear up something for me... didn't Nibutani have brown hair? And why does it look like she's actually made up of two people standing on top of each other? I dunno, her entire body shape looks really out of whack for some reason.

Boy there seems to be a lot of hate for this show/season. Curious, I found the first season to be a whole lot deeper than I ever expected the series to be, it's what kept me watching. And while yeah, this episode 1 didn't break some sudden ground.... it's episode friggin 1.

Now, what I would like is for someone to clear up something for me... didn't Nibutani have brown hair? And why does it look like she's actually made up of two people standing on top of each other? I dunno, her entire body shape looks really out of whack for some reason.

i don't know why people think it was all over with season 1 ...yeah the main pair seemed to be on track but there were loads of stuff left hanging....and as for Nibutani ..

http://animeshinbun.com/news/1427982/chuunibyou-2-what-have-kyoani-done-to-her

Episode 1
Well I thought season 1 ended great and was shocked that there was a season 2 in the works.The episode was funny and had me smiling throughout.Not complaining that there is another season as long as it's funny but the love triangle..I'll have to get used to that..Overall I'm gonna enjoy this new season and hopefully it stays a bit funny when the new girl comes..

Ep. 01

lol.gif

I laughed so hard...

Nibutani was trying to act so mature, yet she shot that paper at Dekomori and it hit her square in the forehead.
I don't know why, but I just busted up laughing at that!

fx6.gif

Last edited:
Episode 1

Seemed pretty good to me. I expect it to take a bit for me to really start to enjoy it like the first season did, but still good. If anything, I'm afraid this new girl will be annoying and ruin it for me.

Episode 1

Seemed pretty good to me. I expect it to take a bit for me to really start to enjoy it like the first season did, but still good. If anything, I'm afraid this new girl will be annoying and ruin it for me.

Welcome to the club :D
i haven't heard anything positive about adding her character, this is why im so sceptical about her, she sounds annoying in the manga from rumours i have heard and i see no reason to add a new character anyway, her descriptions i have read are pretty vague but worrying in that she is going to be a nuisance, and i am talking about to the series, not to other characters.

Episode 2
It was fairly nice, well the date was anyway. I quite liked the feel to it, they held hands all day, i like how it became so normal instantly after her being shy but then the end of the date was also quite nice, in short "we will go about things our own way and ignore normal people" (that's the short of it), just take things as they come, i like it as i do get tired in series(s) of seeing the same thing "first we hold hands, then kiss ect" like it is some weird law and normally they are pressured anyway, this way is nicer.
I felt the end sucked ass though, it recycled season 1 entirely, i know it's intentional but c'mon we all saw this coming (the girl coming down from above like Rikka) but it could of at least changed something. It's not unknown i dislike the adding of this character so it also comes as no surprise im sad to see her appear so soon (Right after that line about a interloper coming between them, non the less) so her timing also made me instantly cringe at her presence...
a nice feeling episode (though can't say it matched this series) feels ruined by that line and her appearance together, i have expressed how much it will piss me off to see a triangle or something come from this and it will clearly be that or just worst...
that all being said i do feel i might be making a fuss over nothing, i am basing it on other series which have done similar plots so because i enjoyed season 1 as most others here did i will give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they can make me look stupid for ever worrying :)

Last edited:
You know I love all of you right?

That being said, I don't know why I am finding it so interesting that some of you are getting hung up on a character that actually belongs in the story knowing that most of the characters on screen are anime original.

But it's ok, you'll get there..trust me, she belongs in the anime.

You know I love all of you right?

That being said, I don't know why I am finding it so interesting that some of you are getting hung up on a character that actually belongs in the story knowing that most of the characters on screen are anime original.

But it's ok, you'll get there..trust me, she belongs in the anime.

It's more that they want good storytelling be it anime original or lifted from a manga doesn't matter.

Sticking to the manga when the manga has obvious flaws isn't really the way to go when you know about those flaws. Kyoani has a shaky record of original writing but the manga this uses as a source isn't exactly flawless and for the most part fans agreed that kyo-ani actually improved on the story. A love triangle in an anime that is as original as this one was up till now is a little sour unless they put in a twist that makes it more original and feel like an integral part of the story instead of a blatant copy of the many romance anime that have gone for this plot before.

i just don't care for love triangles where a relationship has been established, im not against a love triangle but after they are dating, seems like a romance disaster to me.

It's more that they want good storytelling be it anime original or lifted from a manga doesn't matter.

A love triangle in an anime that is as original as this one was up till now is a little sour unless they put in a twist that makes it more original and feel like an integral part of the story instead of a blatant copy of the many romance anime that have gone for this plot before.

^
Also that xD

im not instantly saying it will fail but i just can't ignore flaws, personally i hope im wrong, i hope she is a great edition to the series, all that happens then is im wrong and get a good series instead of being right and getting a crappy one xD

Sticking to the manga when the manga has obvious flaws isn't really the way to go when you know about those flaws. Kyoani has a shaky record of original writing but the manga this uses as a source isn't exactly flawless and for the most part fans agreed that kyo-ani actually improved on the story. .
^Can't say nothing more simpler than this part though :)

Regardless, episode 2 left no doubt in my mind that this is just going to be as magical an experience as the first season was.

And I know nothing about the manga, I only know about the 2 part light novel and my knowledge is limited to I know that this character some are hanging up on is integral to the second half. Nothing more than I found it a little funny that she just shows up and everyone is assuming that "Meh boring love triangle"..I am taking a let it play out attitude.

@hoffstyle:
well the main reason we assume this is... it's what LN readers have confirmed xD so true it could be different but is unlikely.
Thing is people are happy how things are, a extra isn't really needed and it forces it's way in (in some respects).
Like i said, i will give it the benefit of a doubt and sit it through to see how it goes because i could be wrong and it could be fun, but chances of good to bad don't weigh favourably for good (bad source which wasn't greatly received, stepping between 2 "liked" characters, love triangle, predictable), i could list more but we get the point.

im not saying for sure that it will be bad, don't misunderstand there, i like the series as much as others, im just not getting my hopes up, i don't think pestilentially thinking is always bad, at worst im wrong and enjoy it, otherwise i didn't expect much and got just that (no loss of hope). So im not saying it WILL be bad, just... i would been happier without this 'development', and who knows, it might be good...

@Mayobe; people just like climbing down walls to the people living below, i thought this was normal... i think i will have to question the people living above me now... (might need to move to that building first though o.o)

Anyway, lets ignore that girl till next week at least, i liked the date, enough said for episode 2 xD sweet and kind of cute as a couple.

Ep. 2

Okay this was a very very cute, but I already hate that one obstacle showing up at the end. How convenient to add unnecessary drama. This better be magical or I will very very feel cranky.

I hate triangles more than generic harems/reverse harems.

Back