Chronicles of the Going Home Club

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Damias, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Damias

Damias Database Moderator

Posted by Damias on Jul 4, 2013
    [sadht=Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku]Chronicles of the Going Home Club[/sadht][sadhl]Chronicles-of-the-Going-Home-Club[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]
    Your essential cute girls doing cute things anime. It might turn out good. One of the characters being described is downright hilarious and charming. :)

2. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Rednecks comedy essentials:

Have a tolerable main character.
    Not be yawn inducingly boring.
    Make me laugh.

...None of that here. 1 and done.

3. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

Summer seasons seem to always get a torrent of "cute girls doing cute things" anime.

4. Nihatclodra

Nihatclodra Active Member

Entertaining enough to keep watching.

5. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Therein lies the issue. None of these girls are all that cute. Especially the one whose personality is eclipsed by her hair antenna.

6. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Jul 4, 2013
    I picked something at random because I thought Triple K (KKK wouldn't work as well) would be something... something. Not girls doing random shit in a club. The next new season show I watch after five minutes of sexy men goes straight to girls doing stuff! It's like my own post applied to me instead of someone else!
    Screw you Old Thrawn.

But what I thought of it, I thought it'd be an animal show in the first minute of watching it. A 5 minute show about animal facts because what else would explain seal lactation and another seal trying to spit out it's liver? But then it went to a girl and I knew right then and there what I was getting myself into, and I dreaded it. I didn't want to continue but the only restraint I know with seasonal shows is stop keeping up with them after three episodes for no reason at all. So meet up with more girls, club and this girl who fights bears. She was my favorite because she fights bears. Man I love that.

Seriously love it. And she face punches bears off screen, or she face kicks them which is totally cool. But it kept on going and going and going and going and I refused to check the time for the video because if I did it would reset it and I didn't want to restart it. But Hair Antenna's hair antenna is longer than her head. Or bigger. Whichever one works better. Still, Bear Girl was the real sell and even though she plays the role of straight man nicely and hints of les-yay with that girl who was the third one introduced, Tomoe or Tamaki. Not my cup of tea when I get down to it but it's so-so.

7. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Jul 4, 2013
    Episode 1

Bad animation, cheap art design and seiyuu's that only give a shit half the time apparently...

Yeah, this anime is like those 5 minute shorts stretched to 20 minutes.

It's also cut up in 4 segments I think...

8. Damias

Posted by Damias on Jul 4, 2013
    Episode 1
    I actually enjoyed this episode and may like the series further. I didn't find it boring as it was quite hilarious. I was expecting SoL, not just quick laughs here and there. Bear girl, I immediately loved her because of her description I read last morning, as been told by my first post. The seal, I have a plush seal just like that. I might bring him out the next time I watch this. And the girl with the long cowlick, I know I'd seen someone like her before but was a guy instead.

9. Mayobe

Mayobe Member

Posted by Mayobe on Jul 5, 2013
    Episode 1

Dat ahoge...

Anyway, I liked it, but MC was doing way too much tsukkomi. It'd be better if she got a haircut and mixed up the humor a little.

10. Lithium

Lithium Guest

11. AhnYS

AhnYS Member

Posted by AhnYS on Jul 6, 2013
    Well I found my guilty pleasure of the season.
    Despite the overplayed Tsukkomi routine, and cheap animation I found it strangely likeable.

12. Bestanimeserie

Bestanimeserie Well-Known Member

Seal is best character of this show lol tbh it's a okay show nothing really special but i will enjoy watching it first episode rating 2.5/5

13. oninosweeney

oninosweeney Active Member

episode 1..... i was expecting the comedy style of Daily Lives of High School Boys. what i got was angry these girls were embezzling school funds for this lame ass club concept.

i'm out!

14. Mayobe

Mayobe Member

Episode 2:

What the hell is a cuckoo?

[​IMG]
    LET ME HELP YOU WITH THAT!

Also...

Separated at birth?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  15. Damias

Episode 2
    Not as fun as the first episode but I had quite a laugh with the social mixer skit. And any anime mentioning durian gets points. :)

16. sothis

sothis Forum Moderator Anime-Planet Founder Developer

17. Etue

Etue Well-Known Member

Posted by Etue on Jul 15, 2013
    Added 5 . All one way because this show is... :@_@:

Really, I do believe I saw a anime just like this... but I can't quite... remember.

18. kawakamasu

kawakamasu Member

ep 1 and 2

i really didn't like the first episode, it was like all the other shows about cute girls doing stuff. bear girl was mildly amusing. the animation, while it's not horrible i really don't think its very good. hair-thingy annoying me, it's just overdone.
    that said though i enjoyed the 2nd episode more, i decided to watch it to give this anime a chance and the 2nd episode i actually thought was more fun so it grew on me a bit, just a bit.... still not decided whether to drop this or not, kinda hanging by a thread.