Check out these new forum features

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
I decided I'd open a new thread for the cool features people are noticing. If you find one, please post a screenshot of it here, so I can add it to the first post! You'll probably find things faster than I can.

I'll reply to the thread each time I add a new section to this post.

Multi-quoting threads

How often have you wanted to reply to a few posts at once, only to have to copy and paste the quoted sections for each one?

Now, you can use 'multi-quote' to quote several at once. Just click the 'quote' button next to one or more posts.

qGguB2y.png

Once you're ready to reply, click the Insert Quotes button that appears at the bottom of the screen, in the quick reply area:

0T05KqB.png

You can drag/drop the order of the quotes:

Cq9Ozkz.png

Voila! The quotes are inserted into the editor, which is now ready for you to add your own comments.

IPslnps.png

--------------

Tag someone in a post

You can do the equivalent of Twitter's mention feature here in the forum, by typing the @ symbol and a few letters of the person's name. This will show an autocomplete that you can use to select the person's name.

When you add your post, the person you tagged will receive a notification. This is a great way to notify someone that you're replying to them personally.

Additionally can be used for selected trolling reasons (@Bradalee ) :troll: :megusta:

--------------

Auto-embed videos

Xenforo has built in media embedding - so if you post a youtube link, for example, it'll render like this (without you have to add tags or use the WYSIWYG):

Last edited:
Updated with a note about media embedding

(side note: I'm pretty bummed out no one has seemed to 1) notice this thread, or 2) posted many of their own fun finds :( )

Same here, the mentioning feature is absurdly useful.

Btw, I also love how you can see a preview of the op in a thread by hovering it's title

Posts have a small box now...or did i just not notice it?
Also quick shortcuts to forum threads on forum homepage.

The old spoiler tags were functional, but boring. Now you can give them a little personal touch.

Oscar Wilde seemed like he'd be fun to hang out with.

[ SPOILER="I can resist everything except temptation."][/SPOILER]

Back