Character tag list - feedback requested

I support headmaster - plenty of uses and teacher just isn't correct.

I remember awhile back we were talking about short people, or people who are smaller then they should be for their age, like Ed from FMA.

comically short =small fry.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, since there's already a selfish tag, why can't this "dere" tag instead be "selfless"? Though, that sounds like one of the characters who do it to a fault like tyler said.

----

But the real reason I'm posting is because there should be a Duelist tag. >D
There's a Board Game Player tag, but there isn't a Duelist tag. Personally, I only know a few characters who actually have the Board Game Player tag, but I can think of many people who can have the Duelist tag.

tag ideas:

1. naive, babe in the woods, gullible, green, fool, baka

2. super human strength - would apply to "normal" humanoid characters who are extremely freaking strong for some reason, usually to comedic end. Coopa from Tower of D, Mahiru Inami from Working!!, Futaba Marui from Mitsudomoe.

3. unsure what to call this. freaky face, terrifying gaze, threatening, the darkside

176x176profileavatar.jpg

mariak.jpg

maria2.jpg

maria3.jpg

possibly apply it to secondary scary faces....

miyascaryface.jpg

I know, it's a lot of Maria.... what a freak paired with that voice "uu-uu uu-uu"
I'm thinking only those characters who use their creepy face OFTEN. Not your one episode demon possession or what have you, it's got to be a big part of their typical character traits.

Last edited:
You essentially mean one of those faces where you (or the characters) look at them and think "Oh shit! I'm about to die! Dx"

And has anyone suggested an androgyny tag yet?

Here's a tag I'd like to suggest, would love to see it in the database

"Loner"

for characters such as Laxus Dreyar (FairyTail), Piccolo & Vegeta (DBZ), Mifune (Soul Eater) and so on, there's plenty of this type of characters

Ok, so, I just thought, what if we had a Bilingual tag? Essentially, this would be for characters who mix in like say American phrases in with their Japanese. This would only really work for the originals, as dubs usually go all English, but it's a thought.

All I know right now, however, are Pegasus from Yu-gi-oh and Johnny McBeal (which I've yet to submit for the database) from Yumeiro Professional. But I'm sure there are others as well.

And bilingual might not be the best phrase for it, but I don't know a better way to put it. ^^;;

Ok, so, I just thought, what if we had a Bilingual tag? Essentially, this would be for characters who mix in like say American phrases in with their Japanese. This would only really work for the originals, as dubs usually go all English, but it's a thought.

All I know right now, however, are Pegasus from Yu-gi-oh and Johnny McBeal (which I've yet to submit for the database) from Yumeiro Professional. But I'm sure there are others as well.

And bilingual might not be the best phrase for it, but I don't know a better way to put it. ^^;;

I HIGHLY support this.

Hmm.. Did anyone ever think of the character in anime who's capable on doing anything? He/she's mostly could did any tasks easily like as if he/she doesn't have any weaknesses at all.. Or simply are genius on doing anythings (Even though sometimes in the end they have a simple/ridiculous weakness that nobody's ever gonna had)! Like.. the anime that I've just watched, Takumi Usui (Kaichou), then certainly for sure Kei Takishima (Special A), & other human like Naoki Irie (Itazura na Kiss). I forgot the examples for the girls.. but especially I guess Maids/Alien-type of girl.. OH swear, like Yuki Nagato (Haruhi)! So basically, like someone quoted "the most impossible characters you'll never see in real life"

Maybe you can call this tag as... Versatile?

Now that we have Afro and other kind of hair type tags, I think we clearly need to add the "MOHAWK" tag... and maybe the ponytail... but that might be too normal in anime and most of the character set their hair loose here and then.

How about a brother/sister/sibling tag? There is a twin tag but what about those characters that have younger/older brothers/sisters? It can be a spoiler in some cases but not in the majority.
Here's a tag I'd like to suggest, would love to see it in the database

"Loner"

for characters such as Laxus Dreyar (FairyTail), Piccolo & Vegeta (DBZ), Mifune (Soul Eater) and so on, there's plenty of this type of characters

I second this. It'll definitely be a useful tag. =D

I believe that "Stalker" tag would be useful. I can think of two example of that would be: Matoi from SZS and Koharu from Koharu no Hibi

Next would be "Mute". A character who is either mute or prefers not to speak. This is different from quiet characters. The characters in question will communicate with other, through means other than speach like emails, writing on paper etc. Examples: Meru from ZSZ, Celty from Durarara!, Megumi from Special A, Rena from Onihime VS

I was also thinking of "Pokerface" tag, but it overlaps with "Stoic" tag. I came up with that idea when I noticed that some of the pokeface characters can't be classified as Stoic (i.e. Ayaka from Witchcraft Works, unless I'm mistaken also the main girl from Choku!).

Also there should be a tag for for tooth sticking out of the mouth. I know there is "Snaggleteeth" tag, but according to the guide it only covers the characters with one fang sticking out. What about all those people who have more of those sticking out (like Touya who was mentioned earlier)?

P.S. Not all of my character examples are in the database yet.

Edit: Oh wait, did I just necro this thread? I hope this was the right place to post this stuff. If not than sorry.

Back