Chain Chronicle TV

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by chii, Dec 18, 2016.

1. chii

chii Well-Known Member

Posted by chii on Dec 18, 2016
  2. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Jan 5, 2017
    Anybody ever play the game? You totally should a year ago as the global version was shut down months ago. I'll probably watch this if I get around to it which means I will not watch it but wish I did as it devolves into crap with an open ending that is probably answered by the movies.

I didn't get that far into the lore. All I know is that MC travels with his harem and some dudes to places to do things about a book thing.

3. hamletsmage

hamletsmage Well-Known Member

I mean, the first episode wasn't bad... then again, I'm biased because there was a white haired boy missing half his shirt... so... I'm going to watch it regardless if all other elements are bad. that's just how I am.

But, the animation looks good, the voice acting wasn't bad. It does, however, put you smack dab in the middle of a huge conflict without explaining much.

4. StarsMine

StarsMine Database Moderator

Watching Linus Tech Tips. Went to talk about sponsor Crunchy roll where you can watch all the popular shows like Chain chronicle....

Uh pardon?

Anways first episode. Animation was nice, but story felt like "I just wrote my first RPG" While Im ok with that in an 80s RPG game, for it to be a TV show... oh man, this is goign to suck.

5. StarsMine

I fell asleep watching episode 5.

This show is just eh. Best I can say is that its not Samurai Warriors where I fell asleep every time I tried to watch it.

6. StarsMine

Ep 8, the characters kept jumping back and forth between drawn and CG.

oh, and the story is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

7. sweetcake1938

sweetcake1938 New Member

So far I just saw the preview and a little of episode one, but I completely agree about the animation and the voice acting. First, the animation was unlike any I've ever seen. I love Blue Spring Ride, but the animation of that (which is great) is nothing compared to this. Second, the voice acting. I feel the voices fit pretty well with the characters. Would have liked to see a bit of a deeper voice for the "pink haired general" lady, but other than that, I can't wait to watch the rest of the show.

8. GlennMagusHarvey

GlennMagusHarvey Well-Known Member

Hey...

So, this series has multiple parts. There's a series of eight shorts, which I've heard introduces the characters. Then there's a TV series and then three movies.

Can anyone please tell me:
    1. The canon order (or at least the intended watching order) of these different things, and
    2. Which ones have a dub?

9. GlennMagusHarvey

GlennMagusHarvey Well-Known Member

So I went and looked stuff up. Pardon me for *ahem* chainposting, but it seems:

* The OVA is a series of eight five-minute episodes, and introduces some major characters and the setting, and highlights major plot events.
    * The OVA feels like an introduction to the movies/TV series, but is apparently actually unrelated.
    * The trilogy of movies and the one-cour TV series have the same plot. However, their plot differs from the OVA. The TV series is reportedly just the movies, cut into episode-size pieces.
    * The OVA and the movies are only in Japanese. The TV series has been dubbed.