Cells at Work! Code Black

Discussion in 'Currently Airing Anime' started by Hoozuki, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Hoozuki

Hoozuki Forum Moderator Database Moderator

MilissaSexclub likes this.
  2. Grizz

Grizz Database Moderator

Posted by Grizz on Apr 15, 2020
    This sounds like a real trip and its airing side by side with the main series's second season in winter 2021.

@Thrawn and @Zed can learn what kind of battle their insides are having, what joy!

3. Zed

Zed Database Moderator

Posted by Zed on Apr 15, 2020
    This sounds infinitely better than the original series. But then again it's by the same author so it probably also has the same 3 jokes.

It's not my fault the face I have to see in the mirror every morning is such a boner killer it stays with me for the rest of the day.

4. Gens

Gens Database Moderator

Posted by Gens on Apr 15, 2020
    This is going to be glorious:

[​IMG]

and horrifying.

5. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll pass.

6. Sarcataclysmal

Sarcataclysmal Database Moderator

The original author was Akane Shimizu; this series was written by Shigemitsu Harada, so at least expect a set of 3 different reoccurring jokes.

7. Thrawn

Thrawn POPEE BELIEVER

Posted by Thrawn on Apr 15, 2020
    Pfft, my boner cells are kicking the shit out of any erectile dysfunction cells, Interspecies Reviewers proved that it's all boners from here on boner. All you do is pull boners, but we all pull boners once in a while. Apart from @Zed who is constantly pulling boners.

Fortunately I have my incredibly sexy hair to boner revival me. HE IS RISEN

8. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Apr 16, 2020
    This one will have the actual balls to take on the questions no doubt everyone had from the original series that were too racy. It should be fun to see the two running side-by-side.

9. BrainBlow

BrainBlow Well-Known Member

Well yes but also no. This series takes place in a very unhealthy body, so it's kinda like Osmosis Jones I guess. And all the white blood cells are scantily clad women here.

10. randomredneck

randomredneck Well-Known Member

Still don't get why they gave this an anime at all. It's so stupid. Like those people on DeviantArt who have to make stuff needlessly edgy.

11. Starletka

Starletka Well-Known Member

Now this one actually sounds like fun

12. Claptrap

Claptrap Database Moderator

Surprised to see Black get its own adaptation, but I think it's very fun that both are running alongside one another potentially. I see the educational and fun factor in both. Light SOL educational vs a bit heavier and also educational! Wonderfully educational!

Hope the official subs don't Make Terms Up like in the last series though.

13. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

Guess I know which trash show I'll be picking up next.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Posted by Guest on Aug 8, 2020
    I am still seeing nightmares after reading the manga. Btw, man white blood cell is hot af.

15. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Sep 5, 2020
    MilissaSexclub and Nicknames like this.
  16. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Jan 7, 2021
    As depressing as this anime is, it gets even worse if you entertain the idea that this might be the same body as from the main series but decades later.

17. JailBait707

JailBait707 Member

i like that black delves on a lot more issues (+ serious ones) compared to the main series, definitely makes it a lot more entertaining compared to the main series. and most importantly white blood cell is hot af

18. Hemfrik

Hemfrik Well-Known Member

Was worried about potential for excessive edge. Worries seemingly unfounded, reasonable edge observed.
    Good to see concurrent spin-off, both tones valid.

howtoprocrastinate and g3data like this.
  19. Giggityx3

Giggityx3 New Member

I honestly love this anime so much LMAO I didn't read the synopsis and went in badly and I love how diffrent it is from the original Cells At Work, can't wait to see what they'll do for the finale ^_^

20. Franconator

Franconator Well-Known Member

Hard oof. I wonder how conservative a stance this show's going to take on working standards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ultra-conservative, it looks like. But then again, their workplace is really close to falling apart. I guess that excuses their "work or die" mindset.

Speaking of high turnover rates...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A huge red flag, if I ever saw one. Nothing but vague answers from the HR rep all orientation day long. Those poor new guys. Glassdoor reviews are useless at this point. Can't have employees leaving negative reviews if all your employees are dying. Yeah, that'll show the unions, huh?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RIP, Red Blood Cellpai, you will be missed. The ideal salaryman. Conveniently killed all his hopes, aspirations, and dreams for the sake of the company. What a guy. Here's hoping he lands a decent job with reasonable benefits in the afterlife.