Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious

Very good Anime. Solid story and it won't give you the Cliche male protagonist that is scared of Females instead it gives you a protagonist that would probably wear 10 layers of condoms and a hazmat suit to protect himself from getting HIV. 8/10 .

Very good Anime. Solid story and it won't give you the Cliche male protagonist that is scared of Females instead it gives you a protagonist that would probably wear 10 layers of condoms and a hazmat suit to protect himself from getting HIV. 8/10 .

I have to agree with this... not on the part that it's a "very good anime", but that at least it doesn't have a cliche male protagonist. It still has stupid "boobs" & "unnecessary zooming to crotch" scenes, but the comedy is funny.

I have to agree with this... not on the part that it's a "very good anime", but that at least it doesn't have a cliche male protagonist. It still has stupid "boobs" & "unnecessary zooming to crotch" scenes, but the comedy is funny.

I still can't say I really care for Seiya, as he just feels like a watered down version of other Byronic heroes. He really probably isn't even classified as such, but I feel like they try and get him to dip his toes into that realm of hero. They try to make him edgier than he is, but at the end of the day though he still saves the day as a proper protagonist should.

Saving Mash and Elulu is evidence enough of that.

I'd say he's more of a Tsundere Hero if anything. And, while he might not be as one-dimensional as what a lot of mainstream anime is pumping out, but he still just isn't that interesting.

Who licks an apple?

I'm glad Seiya slapped the shit out of that spoiled brat though. That's probably the best thing he's done. She was quite annoying... somehow she's the most annoying character in this whole show, which is a rather impressive feat if you ask me. Either way, that was the funniest part, but still not enough to hold the show up above water, as always.

Otherwise, it's pretty much the same as always. Stumble upon a big enemy, leave and train, come back and kill them easily. Can't be bothered to mix it up.

at least they found a decent voice for the dude that basically every goddess wants him... it's an Isekai that went full on comedy, but with the title alone there was going to be a bit of comedy present. it's going in a decent path that's for sure, but it appears the dude might have a bit of a little sister mindset, he keeps it cool, shows indifference, and can be a bit cruel, but it appears he's doing what he was summoned to do. let's not forget the overkill every... single... time...

Episode 7:
ZXfbAew.jpg

Gotta grind first before the next story event.

And I can't hate the princess since she's voiced by Yumiri Hanamori. It's just amazing to see her go through all her voice ranges in just one scene - the baritone for shotas to the squeaky moe voice she's mostly known for.

Also, Kotono Mitsuishi it's been a while.

Episode 7:

That was a funny episode! I didn't expect Seiya to slap that girl (who sounds like a dog), and then later pat nicely the head of the weird gothic goddess (forgot her name)! The archer goddess is my fave character so far... shes the only normal one there. Even though the story is repetitive, it's still entertaining to watch!

Episode 7:
ZXfbAew.jpg

Gotta grind first before the next story event.

And I can't hate the princess since she's voiced by Yumiri Hanamori. It's just amazing to see her go through all her voice ranges in just one scene - the baritone for shotas to the squeaky moe voice she's mostly known for.

Also, Kotono Mitsuishi it's been a while.

That part made me laugh so much... her different facial expressions and voice was so funny!

Not going to lie but Adenela is Waifu material. Anyway, we'll have to see in episode 8 but ,at the end, mitis looks like she's about bite the protag's D off.

I would highly recommend dropping this and instead watching all of KonoSuba, as it is significantly funnier. Please don't let this be your basis for a "good" Isekai. The genre already gets so much unnecessary hate.
I just recently finished the first season of KonoSuba. I don't know if the second season gets significantly better or what, but I only mildly enjoyed it. It was good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I'd call it "godly", as one of my friends described it

I just recently finished the first season of KonoSuba. I don't know if the second season gets significantly better or what, but I only mildly enjoyed it. It was good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I'd call it "godly", as one of my friends described it

I wouldn't call it godly either, but it's worlds ahead of this. So is Re:Zero, which I see you've already watched. Rising of the Shield Hero, which is on your want to watch list, is probably the closest thing to "godly" as Isekai gets. But, as much of a weeb as I am, I don't go around tagging things as godly myself, so.

Even if it’s not a masterpiece, I still enjoyed it, so I’ll stick with it for a while. I’ve also heard very good things about Shield Hero, so I’ll give that a shot as well. I’l watch just about anything as long as 1) the premise sounds interesting or 2) other people seem to like it, so take that as you will. I mean, I’ve seen Maken-ki! more than once, so I don’t know how much weight my opinion has, but I’m glad that people are able to draw even more enjoyment from KonoSuba than I have

Even if it’s not a masterpiece, I still enjoyed it, so I’ll stick with it for a while. I’ve also heard very good things about Shield Hero, so I’ll give that a shot as well. I’l watch just about anything as long as 1) the premise sounds interesting or 2) other people seem to like it, so take that as you will. I mean, I’ve seen Maken-ki! more than once, so I don’t know how much weight my opinion has, but I’m glad that people are able to draw even more enjoyment from KonoSuba than I have

I guess where people come from (and myself too), is that Cautios Hero in terms of story doesn't really bring much novelty. It's a bit cliched story, where the slight change is the attitude of the main hero, funny faces of the Godess and that's the main facade of the gags. That can easily get repetitive and boring. If we take Shield Hero or Re:Zero, it is a pretty good take on a serious story with more in depth taken characters, that's why some users praised it. Konosuba took it way around and let the story go, gave the characters "free will" to do anything, exploit tropes, make it absurd. So many isekais use cheap fanservice methods, harems, overpowerd main characters. Some people want more struggle, more speedbumps to see the MC show some resolve :-) But I see where you are coming from and it's ok. There are refreshing aspects about Cautious Hero, I don't deny it.

I guess where people come from (and myself too), is that Cautios Hero in terms of story doesn't really bring much novelty. It's a bit cliched story, where the slight change is the attitude of the main hero, funny faces of the Godess and that's the main facade of the gags. That can easily get repetitive and boring. If we take Shield Hero or Re:Zero, it is a pretty good take on a serious story with more in depth taken characters, that's why some users praised it. Konosuba took it way around and let the story go, gave the characters "free will" to do anything, exploit tropes, make it absurd. So many isekais use cheap fanservice methods, harems, overpowerd main characters. Some people want more struggle, more speedbumps to see the MC show some resolve :-) But I see where you are coming from and it's ok. There are refreshing aspects about Cautious Hero, I don't deny it.
I can understand that. I haven't seen a whole lot of isekais - or anime in general - so I wouldn't really know if a setting or character is cliche or overdone, so that could be why I've found more enjoyment in Cautious Hero than other people. Or maybe I enjoy more ridiculous shounen-type shows. Or maybe I just enjoy the idea of a simple plot involving a fantasy world in peril that can only be saved by an OP MC who takes far too many precautions and is often an asshole. Regardless of the reason, I hope everyone can get at least some enjoyment from this show, because I certainly know I've been able to

Starting with the OP, no setup... perhaps @Fluffs claim of wildness won't be entirely untrue... let's see what happens.

...What in the holy fucking fuck am I watching?
huv3rVK.jpg

yncurjh.jpg

Man, I had to stop so many times during the the initial segment of this episode. During the bottom screenshot, shown above, I actually burst out laughing, but not in a good way... not... in... a... good... way.

I was so distracted by the ridiculousness of sexual shooting that I forgot about this annoying girl. And, after the initial scene, we're back to business as usual. I wish there was something more to these battles.

Ultimate Sword is gone... Ultimate Armor is gone... doesn't really matter. Seiya is going to beat the Demon Lord with his sexual shooting.

Episode 8:

Eww, last time I said that the archer goddess is my fave character? I take that back... she is absolutely repulsive! Really, the fan service in this episode is disgusting. The rest of the episode wasn't that bad, but that goddess part is something else... too cringy in every way.

Episode 8:

Eww, last time I said that the archer goddess is my fave character? I take that back... she is absolutely repulsive! Really, the fan service in this episode is disgusting. The rest of the episode wasn't that bad, but that goddess part is something else... too cringy in every way.

the archer goddess was running naked, on all fours, like some sort of crazed sex beast?

Back