Cat Shit One

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by Garyuu, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Garyuu

Garyuu Active Member

Posted by Garyuu on Jul 17, 2010
    Cat **** One[sadhl=3134]cat-****-one[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Stupid word filter. I'm trying out this series just because it has an interesting title

2. jtir123

jtir123 New Member

Re: Cat **** One

Haven't seen it, but CGI bunnies in the Middle East? I might check it out.

3. Quizap

Quizap Well-Known Member

Posted by Quizap on Jul 17, 2010

It's hilarious, I've watched it twice now. Imagine Call of Duty: Modern Warfare but with camel's and rabbits as the people

4. Garyuu

Garyuu Active Member

Posted by Garyuu on Jul 17, 2010

I liked it. The animation was pretty good. I wonder why Japanese CG movies can look good yet, the CG in live-action Japanese movies looks terrible. That's just what I've seen.

This is weird. I can't set the show to "watching" yet somebody already has.

5. jtir123

jtir123 New Member

Pretty cool =) The animals really lighten up something serious.

6. gretzky99

gretzky99 New Member

OMG! This is amazing :) The whole episode was filled with action plus the graphics were awesome. It's definitely a must see.

Btw: It was funny when they was lying in their hide-out, asking for reinforcements and they frisked their fuzzy tails a bit :D

7. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Posted by Cicada on Jul 18, 2010

Whoops. Downloaded it Chinese subbed. Looks good but might wait until I'm sure I'm getting English.

8. Xennon

Xennon New Member

Posted by Xennon on Jul 18, 2010

Pff, you dont even need subs.

9. nicraM

nicraM Guest

Posted by nicraM on Jul 18, 2010

I love animes, such as these. I remember seeing the trailer for this series about 9-10 months ago. I was disappointed, at the time, because I had actually heard that this wasn't going to be a series.

Then I jump online yesterday and lo and behold the first episode was up. I was very excited, and even with me having preconceived notions and expectations for this show, I was not let down. At all!

This show is very well scripted with much levity, that is surely needed for a subject such as war. Especially when it hits so close to home, when there are still wars going on in the region(s) that was/will be depicted in the show.

The animation, even though fully CGI with no (not that I am at least aware of) actual hand drawn cell, looks nothing short of amazing. I think the theme with the animals replacing people was a genius idea and once again pulls in a more comedic theme for the show. For some reason this theme works very well, even though the subject itself is a very serious one.

Overall, I would have to say this is a very well executed war satire. I am hoping that the show takes a bit more of a serious tone, with interjections of humor throughout, as it continues. I think it will, as most animes like this tend to break theme towards the end for a "surprise" ending of sorts.

In the end I can't recommend this series enough, even if you aren't into anime you will still enjoy this show.

I give this show: 8.5/10

10. cinnabarhat74

cinnabarhat74 New Member

The anime looks pretty funny, I'll have to check it out. Just the name alone is enough to check it out. By the way, Neko no izure ka no tawagoto, is what I translated as.

11. eaper

eaper Active Member

Posted by eaper on Jul 18, 2010

So, ep 1 was pretty much awesome. Great thus far.

12. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Ok, watched it now. That was fantastic, bound to be massively popular. The look of the helicopter was great. Some people will probably complain about it glorifying the war or whatever, but it was just a cheesy action show. I heard that the Australians are koalas or something, I want to see one. The animation was great.

13. Garyuu

Garyuu Active Member

I think it is kind of funny how a show with rabbits as the main characters has more realistic fighting than other series. Their movements, and actions look more like something they would be doing in a real military. At least more so than other series, where they would be running around like crazy, doing matrix moves.

14. Xennon

Xennon New Member

Is this even a series? They kept saying this movie was free and bla bla bla.

It was very good CGI. They got around the whole realism with CG humans (No matter how great the CG is, humans just never look "right) with camels and rabbits, but at the same time, it's camels and rabbits shooting each other (Yes, I know, that's the humor in this).

Kinda annoyed that they didn't add any blood or gore at all whatsoever. I think having little bunnies and camels blowing each other brains out would be even better than just the little animals.

15. Garyuu

Garyuu Active Member

I don't know. I'm very confused. The fansubs don't have an episode number so it's like this is supposed to be a one episode ONA. Even so it's full title is "Cat **** One: The Animated Series". I think it may of just been like a short film, and they just don't know what the word "series" means.

16. KittyEmperor

KittyEmperor New Member

Episode 1 was unbelievable regardless of whether it's a series or movie, though the site I was on had it listed as episode 1, but whatever this series is amazing. By the end of the first minute I was completely hooked on it and was sad to see the episode end. I'm just going to say it if rest of the episodes or whatever are this good then this is the series to watch this season. The graphics look great, the movements look realistic, and the sound is top notch I almost feel like I'm writing a review for a game instead of my thoughts on the episode.

17. cinnabarhat74

cinnabarhat74 New Member

Where can you watch the episodes online?

18. Garyuu

Garyuu Active Member

19. CeDeR

CeDeR Member

Posted by CeDeR on Jul 20, 2010

I was hesitant to watch this but it was ****ing entertaining...

20. Face

Face Guest

Posted by Face on Aug 4, 2010
    [​IMG]

Cat Shit One|Anime-Planet

Discuss.