Can I export my anime list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally though i like this platform which have better design and navigation. Though the reason I want to go to mal since there repository is bigger they have many manga/anime which are new(manga) or obsecure(manga/anime),which are nowhere on this site, and that kinds of pisses me off.

FYI, if we are missing something that you wish to mark in any of your lists, request it in the relvant threads (which i have linked below) and we will add it asap unless its something we explicitly do not add, such as hentai. Since there is so much manga released in japan daily, we priortise what western fans are likely to want to mark, so if we have missed something, inform us and we will usually happily add it.

https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/add-or-update-an-anime.323073/ <- for requesting Anime

https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/add-or-update-a-manga.64993/ <- for requesting Manga

I personally cover the manga thread and get all requests added or responded to within 24hours if im able to, so if we are missing something you want added, post it and il have it up as soon as possible within reason.

FYI, if we are missing something that you wish to mark in any of your lists, request it in the relvant threads (which i have linked below) and we will add it asap unless its something we explicitly do not add, such as hentai. Since there is so much manga released in japan daily, we priortise what western fans are likely to want to mark, so if we have missed something, inform us and we will usually happily add it.

https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/add-or-update-an-anime.323073/ <- for requesting Anime

https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/add-or-update-a-manga.64993/ <- for requesting Manga

I personally cover the manga thread and get all requests added or responded to within 24hours if im able to, so if we are missing something you want added, post it and il have it up as soon as possible within reason.

+thanks for info

export will be added eventually, sometime after the redesign. because we're moving up the launch date of the redesign it's unlikely that export will come in the very next wave after that (as we were originally planning), but yes, planned eventually
Wheres that feature at...

Wheres that feature at...
At the bottom of your Anime or Manga List pages. Just below where it says "Watching X Anime" on your watching page for example.

Though as far as i am aware no other site has added support for importing from our Export Files so far.

I take it there is STILL no function to export our list from here to MAL? I like it here and have no plans on moving but I'd like to have a duplicate list there, just in case. And doing it manually is.... shall we say.. slow and boring AF when there's some 900+ entries.

I take it there is STILL no function to export our list from here to MAL? I like it here and have no plans on moving but I'd like to have a duplicate list there, just in case. And doing it manually is.... shall we say.. slow and boring AF when there's some 900+ entries.
You can create an export file from your AP list using the above stated method.

Importing that list to other sites is not something we can control in any way, shape or form. You would have to contact them about doing that.

I have literally answered that above your post.

Other sites is beyond our control.
Hello. Why make it such an obscure format that cannot be converted?

You've no plans of making it available in .xml or a more common/maleable format, huh?

That would literally solve everyone's issue... unless it's like the other fellow said and you want us locked in here.

I prefer the layout/format here (esp Dark Mode) but MAL is more universal and syncs with other sites, so it's a good secondary.

Hello. Why make it such an obscure format that cannot be converted?

You've no plans of making it available in .xml or a more common/maleable format, huh?
JSON and XML are both very common formats for data transfer (in fact, most modern web apps are JSON not XML), the format is *not* the issue.

The other sites have to do exactly the same thing as we do when we add *import* support for a site. Which is:
1. Identifying the format (aka, HOW things are transmitted)
2. Identifying the schema (aka, WHAT is being transmitted / how the data itself is structured) used
3. Mapping the entries in the exports to our entries based on the data extracted using the schema

They have to add support for the schema we use, which we can't do for them. A-P changing to XML would change nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back