[BUG] Rich editor not working

Discussion in 'Completed Requests/Bugs' started by tootalls, Jan 30, 2017.

1. tootalls

tootalls Well-Known Member

ok, this might be on my end but I'm experiencing problems posting on multiple devices.

If I click on the field to begin typing in text, depending on the browser, I'll either see the letters disappear, never appear or some big advertisement block the text field.

3 computers affected 5 browsers in-between them all.

*Dell Inspiron 15 755-nine* [The "nine" digit doesn't work on the mac I'm typing on, the only computer that works on this site]
    - Google Chrome
    - Microsoft Edge

*Macbook Air 2015
    - Google Chrome
    - Safari

*Mack book unibody late 200-nine ):
    - Safari
    * Chrome on this computer is the only way I can interact with the forums other than using a mobile device.

So yeah, this issue has severely limited my time on the site over the past few months, I was thinking it was just my end and something that would work itself out, but it doesn't look like anything will happen from waiting.

I'm guessing most forum users are using mobile devices? [I hate trying to type on those, so I haven't bothered] or I'm just unlucky and even a computer I just bought last year is affected. This happens to be my least favorite browser on my oldest laptop so this isn't ideal either and why I haven't been around much.

So if there are any suggestions I'd be grateful.

2. Nicknames

Nicknames Database Moderator

I'd run an antimalware program just in case (I personally recommend Malwarebytes' Antimalware). I use the site with both my phone and a computer and I haven't had any issues.

tootalls likes this.
  3. tootalls

I was able to trace the source of my issue to the "rich text editor" I disabled it in my profile and now I'm typing from a different computer. So something about that editor wasn't agreeing with my computers.

I'd still like to be able to use it because spoiler tags on the fly and what not was convenient, but oh well...........

oh boy..........just checked the comment editor, all options are gone there as well..........gonna need to know how to get my computers to agree with the editor.

4. tootalls

5. ChalamiuS

ChalamiuS Squisher of Bugs Developer

Hmm... that's pretty odd. I don't see that swirly thing you see there. Do you see it on any other sites?

If it happens on other sites too it probably means that something is injecting JavaScript into the webpages you visit. Since it happens across all your devices it would either have to be some sort of appliance in your home (content filter, router) or your ISP doing this.

Could you try accessing the forum using HTTPS and see if it still happens? Click here.

tootalls likes this.
  6. tootalls

Clicking that Link actually made it work..........

Thanks for that, I don't understand it but, for now I'll just bookmark that link on my devices.

Edit: confirming after testing 2 computers and the tablet. The https direct worked. Thanks again.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  7. GoodFollow

GoodFollow New Member

Having the same issue! And your link doesn't help! Apple devices are not problematic in general but sometimes bugs like this one can be frustrating. But they are good devices, no doubts on that. I like to play a lot on both my iPhone and MacBook and their performance is at the top. Do you know any other laptop or smartphone that performs better? I don't. They allow me to play top games, something that my previous Android phone didn't. A problem that a lot (maybe all) of the ones that play on iPhones and iPads, is changing the Game Center name. I'm sure that some of you didn't even know that this was possible. But this can be easily be fixed following the guide from https://osxtips.net/how-to-change-game-center-name-on-iphone-or-ipad/.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019