Buff Anime/Manga Girls Appreciation

BrainBlow

notenough.png

Indeed, as @Taek quite rightfully points out, there is a definitive lack in in all media of this, as is the appreciation.
Be they of regular size
Statuesque
Literal ogres
Or...
Beef.

These buff gals do not get enough media presence or appreciation. But times change, and acceptable standards of beauty broaden. Petite, feminine boys have been obsessed over in this particular fandom for a while now, and it is only appropriate for the beefy girls to get more attention as well.
Let this thread be one small step towards the brand new world! Huzzah!
(Click on the images for sources)

Umm I going to make a confession. I used to think muscular girls were ugly has fuck. Then I saw cough Mikasa abs and other gals like the firs pic. I was searching for stuff in a 18 site before I realize what I was doing. :sweat:

I'm a horrible person because I can't think of any buff anime girls off the top of my head. Except maybe...
Milly-Thompson-Trigun.jpg

I mean... she DID carry that huge-ass minigun around.
and
TCXMA9Q.png

...this charming gal.

One of the things I liked about Keijo is the variety of body types in the girls, and this includes buff ones

Not the best pic, but she's not around much =|

Teppu, is seriously, the only one that really comes to mind for me, with women of really good physique:
tumblr_inline_ns2avuxfqz1qmjznq_540.png

11372059_956748044385917_1591965844_n.jpg

And, I don't think, anything's really beat this manga for me, in terms of that.

Actual post though.

So it's not just buff for me, but general athletic bodies that get me. Teppu is a great example of athletic bodies, not massively muscled like a body builder, but shredded enough and strong enough to see visible muscle definition.

And there's so much variation even within muscled bodies. A javelin thrower looks entirely different to a long jumper, a gymnast looks different to a judoka, a Taekwondoin (ah memories) looks different to a swimmer. Not to mention weight classes in weight controlled sports a -42kg judoka will look like a whole nother species to a 78kg+ fighter.

Anime and manga have the means and the audience for it. In a medium that loves to indulge niche fetishes, buff women are woefully under represented. Part of it must come from a feeling of emasculation, but then you have badass women in quite a few series, many of them should be buff, but aren't. Satsuki Kiryuin is a good example, she has the powerful build in her waist, legs and shoulders, but they shyed away from making her actually buff. This is a massive mistake when you realise she can only synchronise with a kamui through sheer physical and mental force. Satsuki should be a fucking powerhouse.

There are plenty of others too, Revy from Black lagoon is pretty well built, but once again, they'd rather her have slim and slender arms rather than look like she could curl the losers who ejaculate to her (official) doujins most nights.

Actual post though.

So it's not just buff for me, but general athletic bodies that get me. Teppu is a great example of athletic bodies, not massively muscled like a body builder, but shredded enough and strong enough to see visible muscle definition.

And there's so much variation even within muscled bodies. A javelin thrower looks entirely different to a long jumper, a gymnast looks different to a judoka, a Taekwondoin (ah memories) looks different to a swimmer. Not to mention weight classes in weight controlled sports a -42kg judoka will look like a whole nother species to a 78kg+ fighter.

Anime and manga have the means and the audience for it. In a medium that loves to indulge niche fetishes, buff women are woefully under represented. Part of it must come from a feeling of emasculation, but then you have badass women in quite a few series, many of them should be buff, but aren't. Satsuki Kiryuin is a good example, she has the powerful build in her waist, legs and shoulders, but they shyed away from making her actually buff. This is a massive mistake when you realise she can only synchronise with a kamui through sheer physical and mental force. Satsuki should be a fucking powerhouse.

There are plenty of others too, Revy from Black lagoon is pretty well built, but once again, they'd rather her have slim and slender arms rather than look like she could curl the losers who ejaculate to her (official) doujins most nights.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Not just because I think really athletic girls look good, but it's a good character design principle to have your character's anatomy match up with what they're doing. Depending on how the world works you have to stay consistant.

If a guy and a girl in an anime are both just as strong, their physical condition should match up on somewhat of a scale, not have the guy all buff and the girl still looking like a twig.

That and of course visible muscles on girls is the best so i want to see more of it.

I could never get past her completely off-putting personality to find her attractive anyway.

Yeh, that's an unfortunate one. I remember the series quite clearly implying Roberta being totally beefy, large muscles and all. But it basically walked back on it once she was out of the maid outfit.

Part of it must come from a feeling of emasculation, but then you have badass women in quite a few series, many of them should be buff, but aren't.
Masculine insecurities are probably a large part of this, but I do hope this is changing as the notions of what is considered acceptable masculine behavior is being increasingly liberated. If we put the representation into a historical perspective, buff and well-muscled women have been showing up more and more in the last decade or so. I genuinely can't remember knowing of any women in media fitting the description (without it being a joke) before the 00's. Even fighting games mostly have the women be a bunch of underwear magazine models kicking each other.
But there are some old words of wisdom that I hope more insecure men can embrace:
I-Love-The-Kind-Of-Woman-That-Can-Kick-My-Butt-Gif-On-Cowboy-Bebop.gif

I was probably of the persuasion myself when I was younger that tall and muscular women were not an ideal look for them, but that changed. I like all types of buff, but my personal favorite is for a woman to be tall and have a broad frame to match.
I'm the second tallest person in basically my whole family for like three generation links, with my older brother being the tallest. He was into exercise and minor body building during his growth spurt, so he has a good ten centimeters on me. Because of this I'm quite used to look at people slightly angled downwards. I'm not used to people being much taller, and most of the guys who are are still kinda of a willowy-build and very slim.
The first time in adulthood that I met a woman whom could look me in the eye while staring down her nose, my heart skipped a beat. That's when I finally knew and accepted the truth for myself. (she also had the girliest voice I'd ever heard from an adult, just for extra mental whiplash)

I'm not into that "oiled up professional bodybuilder" look, though. Dehydration and zero body fat just looks unhealthy, and I equally think it looks bad on male bodybuilders as well.

Yeh, that's an unfortunate one. I remember the series quite clearly implying Roberta being totally beefy, large muscles and all. But it basically walked back on it once she was out of the maid outfit.
Roberta was a mistake tbh fam.
Masculine insecurities are probably a large part of this, but I do hope this is changing as the notions of what is considered acceptable masculine behavior is being increasingly liberated. If we put the representation into a historical perspective, buff and well-muscled women have been showing up more and more in the last decade or so. I genuinely can't remember knowing of any women in media fitting the description (without it being a joke) before the 00's. Even fighting games mostly have the women be a bunch of underwear magazine models kicking each other.
But there are some old words of wisdom that I hope more insecure men can embrace:
I-Love-The-Kind-Of-Woman-That-Can-Kick-My-Butt-Gif-On-Cowboy-Bebop.gif

I was probably of the persuasion myself when I was younger that tall and muscular women were not an ideal look for them, but that changed. I like all types of buff, but my personal favorite is for a woman to be tall and have a broad frame to match.
I'm the second tallest person in basically my whole family for like three generation links, with my older brother being the tallest. He was into exercise and minor body building during his growth spurt, so he has a good ten centimeters on me. Because of this I'm quite used to look at people slightly angled downwards. I'm not used to people being much taller, and most of the guys who are are still kinda of a willowy-build and very slim.
The first time in adulthood that I met a woman whom could look me in the eye while staring down her nose, my heart skipped a beat. That's when I finally knew and accepted the truth for myself. (she also had the girliest voice I'd ever heard from an adult, just for extra mental whiplash)

I'm not into that "oiled up professional bodybuilder" look, though. Dehydration and zero body fat just looks unhealthy, and I equally think it looks bad on male bodybuilders as well.
It's one of those things where I wonder if Japan will be a leading outlier in this, or if it will lag behind as other forms of media spur on ahead. 80s anime had a lot of body variety, if very little buff women (and if they were there, they were usually used as a joke), but there is a lot of same body, different tits going on.

Back