Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

8 & 9
I kind of thought, it might be a variant of the Byakugan as result of Boruto coming from Naruto who is kind of a mishmash of stuff at this point... his arm having the DNA of the 1st Hokage, housing the Kyuubi, and being of the Uzumaki clan, etc... but it might just be something entirely different. They are probably going to draw that out for awhile. Despite the fact that they have been pointing to it since Episode/Chapter 1 of the Anime/Manga.

Overall, it was kind of nice to have some screen time from older generation characters. However, nothing really impressive or interesting came out of either of these episodes. And, I can't say the next episode looks any better... I'm kind of hoping this series gets a little more focused after its first cour... otherwise, this could become an exhausting ordeal.

Ep 14

1st main arc wrapped up, ed changed, story was fairly satisfying........

Boruto going for basically the same theme as Naruto did character wise.......a character that changes others with God like influence with his expressions of ideals.

Though thanks to not having a tailed beast in him, he isn't doomed to be shunned by his classmates, therefore accepted without working for acceptance like Naaruto had to. Also, seeing first hand the affect being an Hokage has on his family, he's left with no desire to be Hokage. Naruto grew up without a family, so he doesn't know the importance of family time, and he longed for acceptance so desire to be Hokage was the natural thing.

SO the major difference between the charcters is their experiences leading to their goals. Which affects the prospects of the story in the long run, original series, there was a clear goal from the jump, in this series, Boruto is as average as a ninja kid can be, thus at his age, he hasn't figured it out yet. We have no clear goal to move forward to, which in some ways lowers the excitement and episode to episode anticipation in a shounen series such as this, other than that, Boruto and Naruto are like the same person with different raw outlooks influenced by their broughtupsy.

Just waiting for something to happen to give Boruto a clear goal.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is a monthly manga series written by Ukyō Kodachi and illustrated by Mikio Ikemoto, which is supervised by original manga creator Masashi Kishimoto. The series serves as official continuation of the Naruto franchise. It adapts the story-line of Boruto: Naruto the Movie and then continues the story afterwards.

As many of you know, there is a unique gap between the events which take place in the anime and the manga. This creates a unique opportunity for conspiracy theorists, such as myself, to discover secrets that have not been already exposed by the manga. What I have recently found is sadly only a piece of the puzzle, though upon noticing this I plan to rewatch the boruto series to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

What I realized was that Sakura/Sarada live in a different area, as shown in Boruto:Naruto Next Generations Episode 7, than what is shown during Boruto: Naruto the Movie. During Boruto:Naruto Next Generations Episode 7 it is shown that Sakura/Sarada live in quite a nice home, one I think looks better than the home of the hokage.

Sakura/Sarada’s home as seen in Boruto:naruto Next Generations Episode 7

https://i.gyazo.com/cde058717d85d5821d0592c10392b9fe.jpg

Sakura/Sarada’s home as seen in Boruto:Naruto the Movie

https://i.gyazo.com/0018ab81df7b0d471ad20b8945f27da6.png

https://i.gyazo.com/c27f83ac29b9c16a4ae264af8306029e.png

Something major must have occurred between these two points in the timeline for them to move from their lavish home into an apartment (I’m not saying apartments aren’t nice).

I think the Boruto team is hinting at a huge event which would occur between the anime and the movie. Masashi Kishimoto is known for leaving hints about future events in his work. Why else would they have the anime and the manga take place at two different points in time.

Well that’s just my opinion, everyone’s entitled to their own. I’ll definitely keep an I eye out for more hidden signs. Thanks for reading! And please leave a comment!

-Nonrial

Last edited by a moderator:
Ep 19.................

Well soon after Sarada was revealed as a character at the end of the main Narutoo Manga. I instantly assumed she was actually the child of Uzumaki Karin in most part becuase of none other than her glasses that neither Sakura or Sasuke ever wore.

Which makes the recent developments very interesting, there is bullshit in the air and Sarada doesn't llok like one to be bullshitted.

I don't know if the answer to her theory has been answered in the Boruto Manga, if it has, please reframe from making mention of it here. After the main manga ended, so did the chapter in my life were I read manga. I'm fine going off what is presented here in the anime.

Ep. 23
Finally, we actually get some decent action. I didn't care too much about Sakura in the Shippuden series, but she really rubbed off on me when I saw how badass she was being like.... " You fuck with my family, you fuck with me!" Maybe because of how mature she looks as a parent now. The action was so fast-paced, with an awesome explosion, Sakura's raw strength when she threw that pillar, and kick-ass close combat. I was all like :frustrat:!!!! And of course we can't forget about Sarada, Sakura was so proud to see her daughter inherit both her parents qualities. This was a good episode.
d083f078a1c2b87d3c3e5fc909c36640b1b00a32_hq.gif

the story and characters aren't that good though are they?

I think Sarada is probably the first interesting character so far.

Boruto is less annoying than Naruto was, but also has less justification for being a brat, which ends up making him more annoying. Mitsuki would be kind of mysterious if I didn't already know who Orochimaru is.

They almost made the class pres interesting, but it kind of fell flat. Too many episodes of Boruto and Co. fighting possessed people, only to randomly reveal the culprit later, and provide about 5 minutes of her backstory.

And the "adults" in this show are all just as childish as they were in Shippuden. They all look old and shitty, but none of them have matured.

in short.............this series was more interesting recently because it dove back into the original cast and they provided much better action than their kids have...........

But the show isn't as interesting because Naruto and Sasuke are too OP............they have Orochimaru and Kabuto tamed. Basically anyone that could be considered a legit threat is nothing to worry about...............So the remaining appeal is slice of ninja life, for people enamored by the Naruto cast........I can watch it, but it's hard to look forward to what happens next like I used to in the original series when the mysteries were plenty and the village didn't feel invincible, and Jounins got offed every so often..............Now all we can look forward to is Maury style domestic issues.

this series was more interesting recently because it dove back into the original cast and they provided much better action than their kids have.

I think a saving grace for this show might be that Boruto, Mitsuki and Sarada are a much more skilled team than team 7 was (No spoilers, this 'team' is just my guess based on the OP and ED). In the original, Sasuke had a lot of potential, but Naruto and Sakura were completely useless all the way until the Pain arc in early Shippuden (Naruto) and the Shinobi War at the very end of the series (Sakura). This potential new team looks like they might actually have some talent, and we won't have to watch them luck their way through the chunin exams while all the other kids actually have specific abilities.

Plus getting them out of the village will be nice. Naruto and Sasuke might be way OP, but they're not going to be out on missions with the kids any more than Sarutobi was. If I had to put money on it, I'd bet that Konohamaru would be their Jonin, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he's developed. I'll be disappointed if they introduce a Kakashi knockoff to be their Jonin instead.

I think a saving grace for this show might be that Boruto, Mitsuki and Sarada are a much more skilled team than team 7 was (No spoilers, this 'team' is just my guess based on the OP and ED). In the original, Sasuke had a lot of potential, but Naruto and Sakura were completely useless all the way until the Pain arc in early Shippuden (Naruto) and the Shinobi War at the very end of the series (Sakura). This potential new team looks like they might actually have some talent, and we won't have to watch them luck their way through the chunin exams while all the other kids actually have specific abilities.

Plus getting them out of the village will be nice. Naruto and Sasuke might be way OP, but they're not going to be out on missions with the kids any more than Sarutobi was. If I had to put money on it, I'd bet that Konohamaru would be their Jonin, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he's developed. I'll be disappointed if they introduce a Kakashi knockoff to be their Jonin instead.

It could be a saving grace and a devil's curse at the same time. In some form or fashion, Having a more formidable protag squad is nice, but can also be the cause of being uninteresting. If they're too good, conflict resolves could be.....tiring....waiting to see when they beat their opposition rather than waiting to see HOW and IF they will beat their opposition.

Shikimaru could only do one thing as a genin, and everybody knew it, yet his fights were some of my favorite from the series. He made what should have bee a bore, into the most compelling stuff.

I admit Sarada with a sharingan is more interesting than a young Sakura. And it'd be nice to see Konohamaru lead a squad. While not as interesting as Naruto's demon fox, Boruto's eye, and what exactly it is and has the potential to do is interesting.... Mitsuki id mostly uninteresting as of now, at least he isn't long hair Sakura level worthless.

But yeah leaving the village is a must. With Sasuke defending the perimeter and Naruto defending the interior, not much interesting is bound to happen near Konoha.

The chunin exams was my favorite arc, but I don't know if this show has the potential....we've seen all the major powers, so repeat performances will have less impact. After watching Rock Lee go from beating Sasuke in a sparring match, to takingoff his weights and displaying is blinding speed, to unlocking the gates, There literally isn't anything left for Metal Lee to do.

Compare how legit scary Gara was as a character in the midst of the chuunin exams to this show's best atempt of being edgey (Nue's possessions) it isn't close.

Power scaling and rivalries: Basically all the kids are super buddy buddy, and the power scaling feels like everyone is around the same level except for the computer kid......there is little reason to want to see these kids in a tournament.

Naruto had a lofty goal, that nobody saw coming true. Nobody acknowledged him. It was just so satisfying seeing him defeat Neji while everyone was in Neji's dick, and seeing the crowed cheer and give Naruto his first true taste of recognition.

Boruto doesn't have a goal, so what do we want to see him do? Sarada wants to be Hokage, but all the kids are close in power, her dad is known as one of the strongest ever from the village, she is one of the only 2 remaining Uchiha, and in this timeline a female Hokage has already reined. So nobody is going to shit on her goal of being Hokage, which makes her declaration way lest impactful or interesting than Naruto's.

Well.............During the original chuunin exams, it was hinted that it was a floating event, so it might be interesting to see them travel to say....the sand village and meet some characters hopfully more interesting than the ones we have with better power scaling and testy rivalries...............yeah, that actually sounds fun if they can pull that off right.

Man, reading that reminded me of how good Naruto was before Sasuke left the village. I think those last few filler arcs before Shippuden took a dump on my fond memories of the show. I'd completely forgotten a lot of great moments.

Yeh, the biggest problem with this is that all the issues in Naruto that made the world interesting or scary were well... resolved in Naruto. All Boruto has going for it is Naruto-world slice of life and minor villains-basically what Naruto fillers were. That said, they are doing a better job of this than I was expecting and have actually made it worth watching for Naruto fans. Its just a question of whether it will ever evolve past being just "fluff".

Yeh, the biggest problem with this is that all the issues in Naruto that made the world interesting or scary were well... resolved in Naruto. All Boruto has going for it is Naruto-world slice of life and minor villains-basically what Naruto fillers were. That said, they are doing a better job of this than I was expecting and have actually made it worth watching for Naruto fans. Its just a question of whether it will ever evolve past being just "fluff".
im betting it will go beyond being just fluff if the freaky foreshadowing we saw at the beginning of episode one actually happens. you know
with boruto fighting whatever he was fighting and the other guy saying naruto was dead?
idk if im remembering that right but it was pretty hype.

im betting it will go beyond being just fluff if the freaky foreshadowing we saw at the beginning of episode one actually happens. you know
with boruto fighting whatever he was fighting and the other guy saying naruto was dead?
idk if im remembering that right but it was pretty hype.
I've been thinking that I should go back and rewatch that scene. I'm also curious as to whether that guy was one of Boruto's classmates. Like if Denki grows into that dude, that'd be a solid twist.

Episode 24
Or should I say, "The plot is introduced"? Rather abruptly. The first two arcs hinted at an existence more powerful than Kagura? That's crazy considering she was pretty god-tier. It looks like this is the big, "Hey, there's this thing called the Akatsuki," moment. Of course back then it was all more mysterious, and it turned out that the Akatsuki wasn't even the big bad, it was Toby all along, wait, no it was Madara, wait, no it was the real Madara, wait, no it was Kagura all along. With the antes in this universe already being raised so high, I wonder what enemy is worse than Kagura, and which even more powerful puppet masters might be hiding behind them.

I really hope to see more of the character, Mitsuki.

I'm glad this team doesn't have a saskue clone.
Because his daughter his more like her mother than him at this point. At least personality wise.
So, I'm glad they force a character to that role.
Mitsuki seems like a super nice character and id honestly be said if they were make him "evil".

Plus the little snake he uses as a phone is soo cute.

some of you are just judging the anime with out watching at list 50 or 100 ep just because you are compering it to its anime predecessor that is naruto,y dont yol watch the major action that will later on take place then u judge it

about Boruto's eye
wasn't that the Tenseigan of the movies?
the boruto creator has released some info about his eye that says it is not a tenseigan or byakugan ,but it is a jougan which means pure eye,it is a combination of the byakugan and the the 9 tailed beasts negative energy that is why only he could see the negative chakra covering the people

some of you are just judging the anime with out watching at list 50 or 100 ep just because you are compering it to its anime predecessor that is naruto,y dont yol watch the major action that will later on take place then u judge it
Not gonna lie, 24 episodes seems like plenty enough to judge an anime. That's two cours already.

To be honest the show isn't that bad to hate on. Like what some of you said Borutos team is interesting in the manga and in the anime. But the point is we are stuck on how Naruto was set up for us and some of you are just scared of change. What I think you should see is how boruto is basically Naruto with a family.. Its a way to retell the story is one point to see it or the new generation is taught from the past one and how they are still showing the fact there is resentment and hate towards certain topics in boruto, Like the latest episode for example Of the bloody mist kids.

Back