Blade Runner Black Out 2022

Discussion in 'Specific Anime Discussion' started by g3data, Sep 15, 2017.

1. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Sep 15, 2017
  2. g3data

g3data Well-Known Member

Posted by g3data on Sep 15, 2017
    It's an interquel set between the original and the film coming out next month

Funkgun and ZetsubouKaiji like this.
  3. SmolistPotato

SmolistPotato Member

sooo i found it with the english subs since i was struggling with the japanese lol :

The anime looks promising. The director of Cowboy Bebop is a part of this project. It's probably only going to be a short, but I can't wait to watch this.
    The actual live action film gives me a Ghost in the Shell vibe (GITS live action was very bad in my opinion tho)

Funkgun likes this.
  4. renorxukuth

renorxukuth Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'll have to check this out.

5. Quizap

Quizap Well-Known Member

Posted by Quizap on Sep 26, 2017
    I just finished watching it and LOVED it. Very reminiscent of Cowboy Bebop but sticks to the Bladerunner world. Tris is <3. Its also well animated. The fight scenes brought me back to my teen years when Bebop was new.

6. GregBeigel

GregBeigel New Member

I watched it, it was pretty good, really wish it was longer though, I couldn't really get attached to any characters, although the fighting in it was amazing, so pretty excited for the next few shorts

7. renorxukuth

renorxukuth Well-Known Member

I watched it. It's got gorgeous animation, but I agree with several posters above that it wasnt really long enough to get into it overall. If it was a true series, then I'd be totally down for it.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  8. Potimusprime

Potimusprime Member

I'm super excited to watch this, blade runner is at the top of my fav films list and do Android's dream of electric sheep, blows me away everytime I read it. It's definitely moved it's way to the top of my must watch list.

9. HasseRovdjur

HasseRovdjur Breast Claw

A decent enough bit of fan-service (it makes a lot of references to the original film), though like the previous posters, I would wish that they had expanded upon it by making it into, say, a feature-length film.

ZetsubouKaiji likes this.
  10. ZetsubouKaiji

ZetsubouKaiji Forum Moderator Database Moderator

I found this to be a useless bit of fluff. The animation and action were nice, but there's nothing to it other than a bit of fanservice. It's completely skippable and even the action doesn't really make it worth the time.

11. Funkgun

Funkgun Forum Moderator

Jammed this in before seeing the movie yesterday.

Do you need to see if before Blade Runner 2049? No. There is enough to elude what has happened to skip it if need be.

Did it add to the experience, I'd say yes. This short and the 4-5 Minute live action Dave Bautista one both added a nice fleshing into some history. Sort of on the fence with the Leto one. I will say this one is the closest in timeline to the Original, and it also adds to the
    Spoiler for 2049 movie
    resistance movement that springs up

I did enjoy the amazing visuals especially some of the actions sequences.
    This small 15 minute show managed to merge 3 different anime styles in.
    From a blocky confusion intro, to the crisp stylings of a standard Shinichiro Watanabe designed title, to a sketchy highly stylized war flashback. But did I mention the action sequences?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Everything was slick and fast. It even managed to have classic Watanabe jazz interlaced.

I'd recommend it if you're going to binge out all things Blade Runner or Shinichiro Watanabe. But skip it if you do not have the time.
    But at 15 minutes it does a lot in a packed timeline.

HasseRovdjur likes this.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  12. TurkeyGami

TurkeyGami Well-Known Member

blade runner huh? not really a fa-

WAIT DID THAT SAY F*CKING WATANABE?

Time to watch this here we gooooo

13. TurkeyGami

TurkeyGami Well-Known Member

All im gonna say is that action sequence was godly and i love it holy crap this makes me want to watch the real thing now

SMores likes this.