Black Clover

Man, I'm so glad I didn't get this in the lottery. Just tried to watch that 2 minutes vid and I quitted halfways.

EDIT: Something that I've just thought, what if it was the director's idea to make the char scream constantly and in that particular way? D:

EDIT: Something that I've just thought, what if it was the director's idea to make the char scream constantly and in that particular way? D:

They sure as shit aren't letting a rookie voice actor make a decision like that. It's probably a combination of the director and the voice acting director, which are actually two different jobs in animation.

I can't even fathom how the voice director let that shit slide. Poor new guy just potentially bombed his own career because apparently no one was able to tell him that his acting was annoying as fuck and he should tone it down several levels.

Given the consistency in the screams, I'm quite sure the voice director asked the VA to do it like that. And knowing Japan's culture of "do what your boss tells you to", the guy probably didn't even try to complain

I was going to put this off for a good while, but wll this scream talk entices me to check the first episode at least to see what the fuss is about.

more 1-dimensional evil guys! because adults are all villains, and they shouldn't exist in our empowerment fantasy, and if they do, we must kick their asses. but why the hell did he give up on stealing the pendant? did all the yelling cause some sort of brain damage? probably. and where are the adults? can't they hear all that yelling?

then we're back to the present where asta bitch gets a giant sword which he swings around, and what a surprise, it's a homerun! wait if he was hit by that sword, he should be in half now, what the hell. they also left him thrown there and went home, there was nobody else inside the building to check what happened, unless they're used to all the yelling already (he was a loud ass since years dammit).

Episode 2

First of all, I don't understand the existence of this episode at all. By that I mean there is no point or clear stance why Asta wants to be the Wizard king. He said because "it is cool" which I don't take as a serious reason or otherwise it shows the low intelligence of scream-boy. But for what need was that flashback with the pendant? We already know they were friends from their birth and thus this achieves nothing; perhaps maybe a bland picture of how Asta is such a loyal and nice guy. Well, it didn't move me.

The comedy is awful. Repeating the marriage line or making Asta stupid, doesn't work. Brat's screaming when he was young makes me go bananas. Not gonna comment shounen logic, so generally nothing happened, literally nothing, 20 minutes of pure air. And I hate those yellow eyes; it looks like they have jaundice.

EP 2
giphy.webp

I haven't seen any of these shows so tell me if I'm wrong.

One Piece + Naruto + Soul Eater = Black Clover?

I can't stand Asta and I'm not sure I'll be able to hang onto another ep. This can't be what shounen is. Bleach wasn't this bad.

Episode 2

I found it hard to totally dislike this episode. It's a standard shounen with some flashback of childhood friendship and nakama power. Its non offensive shounen troupes are its biggest flaws plot wise. This type of story has been done many times over so the show has a charm of a dead fish because it doesn't even try to elevate those shounen staples even a little so far.

However, the offensive part was that they spent first 5 minutes recapping the last 5 minutes of episode one. Get out.

Also:

Ahaha, his magic power is his obnoxiousness. Fuck that guy, I hope he never becomes the Magic King otherwise poor folk will have their eardrums destroyed nationwide.

Yuno's character is weirdly inconsistent. Last episode the grown up Yuno treated Asta like shit and now he's all buddy buddy with him again. Did I miss something?

Generally I guess it's whatever so far.

EP 2
giphy.webp

I haven't seen any of these shows so tell me if I'm wrong.

One Piece + Naruto + Soul Eater = Black Clover?

I can't stand Asta and I'm not sure I'll be able to hang onto another ep. This can't be what shounen is. Bleach wasn't this bad.
More like (Naruto - Bleach's Action - One Piece's characters and awesomeness) x Screaming^2.

Episode 2

There was no point to this episode.

Most of the 'flashbacks' were the same shit from episode 1, but apparently also said at different times in their lives. Shocking! Then everything from the stolen necklace flashback could be inferred from episode 1, but of course they had to hold our hand through it / rub our faces in it.

Yeah, we get the premise. We don't need to hear Asta scream about becoming hokage every 5 minutes.

yknow, just because its a popular shounen doesn't make it bad.

no. no, not at all.

just the voice acting, filler, and the mere fact that studio pierrot is producing it that does that.

I can guarantee you that if any other studio besides toei got it, it would have been better. Pierrot is going to transform this into the next naruto - for the worse. 40+ percent filler, and terrible pacing to squeeze as much out of it as they can.

Im trying to be optimistic, actually. There's a chance that there will be an enormous drop in animation quality as well, of course. but i try not to think about that because once again i actually WAS looking forward to this show.

Back