Black Clover

Okay, it's entertaining I guess but the nasty ped shit needs to stop! Like...and it's incest it's actually freaking gross. I get it's common in anime but....it's gross. A big brother literally fantasies his littler sister, and it's not just one episode either! Every episode he's in he nose bleeds and it's freaking gross! Stop!

Episode 76

Perhaps the Rill backstory is better established and presented in the manga, but it didn't come across too well here. Upon reflection, I can see where the friends thing comes from. Rill has consistently tried to be a calming factor among the big egos of the captains. I believe he has tried to be friends with the, although he generally fails because he is socially stunted. I can see where they're coming from, but they didn't do a stellar job tying all of those ideas together here. The story here was a bit muddled in general. The idea that he needs to broaden his horizons and develop new friends and experiences to be a good artist is fine, but the delivery was clunky.

I did come out generally curious how any of his squad feels about him. I get that only a select few characters from the different squads outside of the Black Bulls and Golden Dawn get any focus, but even the new girl on Sekke and Langris' team could've weighed in with some sort of affirmation. Then again one captain is perpetually asleep, so maybe squad interaction isn't all that required for captains.

Also, for the life of me I can barely recall any interactions Rill has had with Asta? Outside of the usual buzz Asta gets from the captains. Even when they fought Poizot, I didn't recall much interaction there. I'm just now starting the manga, so maybe I'll pick up on it.

The production for this show is bottoming out something fierce. 76 wasn't too bad, but 75 was straight up ugly. You can tell they're struggling with the show more than ever.

Despite all of what I just said, I actually do enjoy this show. It's a junk food show that I can watch and have fun with. It definitely does have flaws, but it's good fun.

Episode 76

Perhaps the Rill backstory is better established and presented in the manga, but it didn't come across too well here. Upon reflection, I can see where the friends thing comes from. Rill has consistently tried to be a calming factor among the big egos of the captains. I believe he has tried to be friends with the, although he generally fails because he is socially stunted. I can see where they're coming from, but they didn't do a stellar job tying all of those ideas together here. The story here was a bit muddled in general. The idea that he needs to broaden his horizons and develop new friends and experiences to be a good artist is fine, but the delivery was clunky.

I did come out generally curious how any of his squad feels about him. I get that only a select few characters from the different squads outside of the Black Bulls and Golden Dawn get any focus, but even the new girl on Sekke and Langris' team could've weighed in with some sort of affirmation. Then again one captain is perpetually asleep, so maybe squad interaction isn't all that required for captains.

Also, for the life of me I can barely recall any interactions Rill has had with Asta? Outside of the usual buzz Asta gets from the captains. Even when they fought Poizot, I didn't recall much interaction there. I'm just now starting the manga, so maybe I'll pick up on it.

The production for this show is bottoming out something fierce. 76 wasn't too bad, but 75 was straight up ugly. You can tell they're struggling with the show more than ever.

Despite all of what I just said, I actually do enjoy this show. It's a junk food show that I can watch and have fun with. It definitely does have flaws, but it's good fun.
There's definitely a lot of flaws, but this show is a fun, neat spin on the shounen type, so I can put up with a lot, but yeah, the art has taken a serious nosedive, and it feels like parts of the story are just lazily written.
Episode 79
The biggest issue I had with this episode, art aside, is the shitty plot armor that made Sol able to magically remove Asta's sword from Kirsch Vermillion, given anyone who's ever tried to pick it up has magic in them and can't even lift it. On top of that, you can see blue skies in the background, so somehow Sol managed to find Kirsch, remove the entire cave, and remove the sword that just disappeared. Terrible story writing

At this point it is worth watching the whole anime just for episode 80 ending. Really. Don't spoil yourself by watching that specific episode's ending.

Catching up on this and just watched 63 which I'd heard a lot of hype for. I can certainly appreciate how much work went into it, but it's just impossible to follow, and the characters are barely even on screen. Honestly think I would've preferred stills to what they did, since I have no freaking idea what happened.

I've been reading the manga, so I let myself get a couple of episodes behind on the anime since I know what is going to happen.

However

I just love the little Charmy & Julius back a forth.
It is so cute!!
I also love that Yuno does not reject Charmy, which is what anime has made me expect to happen in similar characters to Yuno.
Charmy is so cute in general, my favorite character, I love it.

Okay, it's entertaining I guess but the nasty ped shit needs to stop! Like...and it's incest it's actually freaking gross. I get it's common in anime but....it's gross. A big brother literally fantasies his littler sister, and it's not just one episode either! Every episode he's in he nose bleeds and it's freaking gross! Stop!

His nose bleeds because he has anemia.
The author of the manga has also stated that the relationship between the two characters is not a sexual one.
It is definitely very extreme though.
Gauche is an extreme dude though and his sister is the last link he has to their deceased parents, he wants her happiness & safety at all costs.
I'd imagine he'd have that kind of devotion in a romantic relationship if it were not for him devoting his time & money to make his sister happy.

I've been steadily watching BC for months now and get excited everytime they release a new EP. A little disappointed in EP 82 though......it was super cute, don't get me wrong.

I SERIOUSLY was looking forward to seeing the rest of the battle between Asta's and Langris' team.

I've been steadily watching BC for months now and get excited everytime they release a new EP. A little disappointed in EP 82 though......it was super cute, don't get me wrong.

I SERIOUSLY was looking forward to seeing the rest of the battle between Asta's and Langris' team.
yeah spot on. horrible timing to stall the fight with one of the worst eps ever. was not ready to see that.

Guys......is it just me or does the latest BC ep (85) have a super weird animation style? It just looks a lot different from usual and I was both distracted and perturbed the entire time. I hope it's just temporary and that it will go back to the usual "look".

Gah.

Episodes 80-83:

Firstly, the ending of episode 80 is easily one of the highest points of the series. I rewatched the ending scene a dozen times, they totally nailed it and made it super epic.

All of the big fights in this span of episodes were actually pretty great. The Langris bouts were obviously the main attractions, but even the Rill vs Luck fight were pretty decent. Seems they've been saving up their time, money and effort for this stretch of episodes, because they were all a marked improvement production wise.

All that said, 82 was a lowlight. I get that production is troubled and I believe it coincided with a holiday, but man that episode had the worst timing. Clover Clips are fun and cute enough, but a whole episode dedicated to them? Eh...

Ep. 86,
that rivalry between Yami and Vengeance sort of reminds me of Griffith and Guts from Berserk, brings a sort of nostalgic feeling.

84:

This episode was gorgeous. Probably the best looking episode to date. You can tell how much care and precision was put into directing and the animation.

The ending was fine. I feel like it was a bit of a cop out to have Rill disqualify himself, but how else can you justify a captain losing at this point? Watching Yuno and Rill go at it was pretty great, a nice cap off to this arc. In all, a great episode.

Okay. So I'm on ep 16. So far this is about as boring as Fairytits. Excuse me, FairyTail. So fucking cliched and the characters SO fucking predictable I can't even imagine hanging in here for another 70 or so episodes. GOD. (2nd of July)
(9th of July ) Okay, to be fair, those were pretty boring episodes. Stuck with it, just watched ep 91 & while not mad about it because the characters are so tied into their little idiosyncrasies - it's entertaining & the pacing is good enough to keep me interested.

Last edited:
On episode 94
This is one of the best anime I have come across on. I love the way this anime looks. I like anime’s with an boy lead I don’t like anything with girls in it though I’m one myself lol

Back