Between the Sky and Sea

Who the fuck plays this mobile game? Space fishing? Experimental giant fish tanks for fish in space? Space Female Fisherwomen?

But holy shit the company that is making this is fucking money. This might be legitimately good despite the batshit crazy premise and it being based on a mobile game.

I'm more excited than I probably should for this, and for the dumbest of reasons: the other two shows I have watched about girls in an adventurous/outdoors setting with Sora in the title were both pretty damn great.

They were originals though, and this one is based on a mobile game. Hope that doesn't make much of a difference.

Episode 1
So it's cute AF. I've never played the mobile game, but it follows the atypical arrangement of all the variations of girls in anime so far, but does it well? The opening intro was fairly good to, and I'm not annoyed by any of the girls really. The premise is pretty far out there to..so..yeah.

EP 1:
Aside from the refreshing and weird settling, this series got me extremely disappointed... and confused.
Is not so bad as making my eyes bleed but I'm not a masochist, I'm totally not following this.
This series is the definition of randomness goes wrong and boring.
I don't know why but all the characters made me upset, and they're all annoying, i can't stand these protags at all
If you like cute girls doing cute things in mecha suits fighting along with some sort of spirits versus space fishes, this series is for you.

Ep 1

But ... but ... why are you breeding fish you need to risk your life and use magic powers to catch?
I'm not a scientist, but I think it's cause these tanks are in space. No gravity to inhibit growth, ergo, big fishies. I mean fish get big here on Earth. Imagine space fish.

But why didn't they just put all the fish back into the sea...?
Hmm ... maybe ... because they bred the fish in space their organs wouldn't be strong enough to cope with Earth's gravity?

Or because gatcha games are stupid.

Episode 1:

Catching kaiju fishes in space colony-sized fish farms using magical mechas powered by mobage. I usually avoid mobage-based anime (especially if it's a defunct crappy mobage) but just like Uma Musume this shit is too ridiculous to pass up. This could be a hot mess in the making but I have a feeling I'm gonna have a blast with this show.

I only tried this because it said "space".
Cute girls doing space fishing.

It was pretty generic and non-good right off.

Why are you not happy to go to space?

19, yay!
17, awe...

Phone app... to summon a "god" .... no, just no. Are you trying to sell a crappie phone game or something? (see what I did there?)

Oh, I see. Space fishing really is dangerous. But that's only because you are fishing for GODZILLA!

Then it got even more lame with the actual "fishing".
0.5/5 dropped.

Episode 2.
The Hell was the subber going for with Maiko's accent? Those subs look like someone with a Scottish accent is talking.

Back