Best Sword Fighter Nomination Closed!

G

Based on majority vote, we are having a "Best Sword Fighter" faceoff! Please nominate at most 4 characters that you think deserve to be the winner!

Include the following:
Your username
Character names
Anime/manga they're from
Good picture of them
Reason for Nomination

1.Olivier Mira Armstrong
2. King Bradley
3.Nanashi
4.Sougo Okita
5.Guts
6.Mugen
7.Utena Tenjou
8.Satsuki Kiryuuin
9.Date Masamune
10.Saber
11.Teresa of the Faint Smile
12.Akame
13.Kirito
14.Erza Scarlet
15.Yato
16.Killer Bee
17.Stocking Anarchy
18.Kenpachi Zaraki
19.Roronoa Zoro
20.Inuyasha
21.Mugen
22.Brook
23.Goemon Ishikawa XIII
24.Kenshin Himura
25.Miyamoto Musashi
26.Gourry Gabriev
27.Levi
28.Afro Samurai
29.Oscar Francois De Jarjayes
30.Wilhelm van Astrea
31.Sha Wu Sheng
32.Saito Hajime

Last edited by a moderator:
Scalpelexis
Olivier Mira Armstrong + King Bradley
Both from Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
50c1ed5aa06bb0b2f8b13eebbe718123.png

5789332-2131974186-latest

Not the biggest fan of FMA:B, but these two are among the most badass sword fighters in my books. Especially's Bradley' last fight was epic in speech, action and creativity.

P.S.: I dare anyone nominating Kirito

Your username: howtoprocrastinate
Character names: Utena Tenjou
Anime/manga they're from: Revolutionary Girl Utena
5zBJW00iqU6K5oqKjI3vZ1HxdArpmScRkOJJYqnuIqQ.jpg
Reason for Nomination: She hates seeing people mistreated and accidentally ends up fighting in duels. She is noble Prince.

Accepted!

Jamie
Guts
Berserk
NxE4Ujb.png

He's a master swordsman. The Black Swordsman. The 100 Man Slayer. The Struggler, the Berserker, the Branded Swordsman.

"Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough. It was much too big to be called a sword. Indeed, it was like a heap of raw iron."

Sorry, but someone has already nominated Guts! Please nominate other characters!

Saber - Fate/Stay Night
How can we have a sword fighting tournament without including a character who's namesake is Saber?

Teresa of the Faint Smile - Claymore
She hunts demons with ease using sword techniques so fast they appear to be invisible.

Akame- Akame Ga Kill
In an all out war so fierce that it killed off almost all of the main characters, she survived. Can she do it again?

Kirito - I want to see how Scalpelexis will react to someone nominating Kirito :)

kI8QeoG.png

4y8HkzT.jpg

s9WWFfy.png

Last edited:
Saber - Fate/Stay Night
How can we have a sword fighting tournament without including a character who's namesake is Saber?

She hunts demons with ease using sword techniques so fast they appear to be invisible.

Akame- Akame Ga Kill
In an all out war so fierce that it killed off almost all of the main characters, she survived. Can she do it again?

Kirito - I want to see how Scalpelexis will react to someone nominating Kirito :)

RWfTIOu.png

fT1e4Bs.jpg

wxC3wUS.jpg

8koPvVX.png

Accepted!
Someone actually nominated Kirito??!!

Saber - Fate/Stay Night

Akame- Akame Ga Kill

RWfTIOu.png

fT1e4Bs.jpg

wxC3wUS.jpg

8koPvVX.png

Teme! Ok, I dare someone nominating Asuna.

Is it OK to pick a character that self identify as a sword? Either way, I'll save him for a contest for martial artists.

Pick #1
User: g3data
Sword Fighter: Erza Scarlet
Series: Fairy Tail
OgVCkRF.jpg
Reason

Because she's Erza. Also, because there's no way the 2nd highest rated swordsman on this site could possibly get knocked out early again right?

Pick #2

Sword Fighter: Yato
Series: Noragami
9HOaA5p.png

Reason: He's the sexiest hobo around. And his service can be ALL YOURS for literally just 10 yen.

Pick #3
Sword Fighter: Killer Bee
Naruto Shippuden
latest
Do I really need to explain anything?
Reason:
Dude's so confident in his ability to style on fools he went ahead and compromised his ability to even run properly for the sake of carrying additional swords. He's got eight of them motherfuckers. EIGHT SWORDS. AND HE DOESN'T EVEN HIS HANDS TO HOLD ANY OF THEM SO HE CAN PROBABLY HANDLE EVEN MORE.

Pick #4
Sword Fighter: Stocking Anarchy
Series: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
1470315390657.jpg
Reason:
Gotta keep the memory of this cute, pudgy goth princess alive because Gainax has no interest in doing so.

Last edited:
Based on majority vote, we are having a "Best Sword Fighter" faceoff! Please nominate at most 4 characters that you think deserve to be the winner!

Include the following:
Your username
Character names
Anime/manga they're from
Good picture of them
Reason for Nomination

1.Olivier Mira Armstrong
2. King Bradley
3.Ulquiorra Schiffer
4.Ferris Eris
5.Nanashi
6.Sougo Okita
7.Guts
8.Mugen
9.Utena Tenjou
10.Satsuki Kiryuuin
11.Date Masamune
12.Saber
13.Teresa of the Faint Smile
14.Akame
15.Kirito
16.Banzai Kawakami
17.Shin-ah
Username: Podocus
Character name: Kenpachi Zaraki
Anime: Bleach
latest

Reason for Nomination: The most badass swordsman in anime guarantee!

I didn't consider this before I made my nominations, but would giant mechs that fight with swords and/or pilots who operate giant mechs that fight with swords be allowed in this tournament? Or are we assuming that these fighters will only be allowed to compete with their swords and their bodies?

Back