Best live action adaptation?

Ebhen

I've seen a lot of live action adaptations from anime (and sometimes manga) and far from all are good. Some are even so cringingly bad that you just don't know if it is serious or if it's a parody... Some tv-shows don't have the budget to be really great and sometimes I wonder why they even bother when the result are so bad. When they are good, they are really good though! I would like to know which live action adaptations you like most and what makes them that good?

Some of my favorites:
The girl who leapt through time - both movie versions had their charm but I think I like the newest one from 2010 is better.
Bunny Drop
Erased -
Both the movie and the series was good and I can't really put anyone before the other.
Alita-Battle Angel - probably the best live action adaptation made in Hollywood to this date!
Your Lie in April
I want to eat your Pancreas
Train man
(both the series and the movie)
Re:LIFE
NANA
Nodame Cantabile -
a bit corny (over acting and silly character design) but fun!

Do you agree? What is your favorite?

The Chinese Dragon Ball for being so batshit crazy.

Chinese Wicked City also for being batshit crazy. Would post a clip of the guy having sex with a pinball machine, but I'll leave it to your imagination instead.

I thought The Untamed (Mo Dao Zu Shi) was excellent. It's a great story to begin with, but the actors in the live action give stellar performances. I think every form of this story is fantastic and which I prefer varies by day. But for today...it's the live action. ;)

I thought Alice in Borderland was decent for what it was, albeit in anime form it only ever got a couple episode OVA.

Kingdom is a phenomenal manga, a great anime, and the live action was good albeit I wouldn't put it on par with the anime and certainly not with the manga.

Those are the only three that immediately sprang to mind where I like the anime/donghua, the live action, as well as the source material.

Back